April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
1 members (Marks_21), 185 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,463
Posts545,044
Members14,409
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
gjw Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Hi all, I recently got a CZ Bobwhite in 28ga, the trigger pulls were pretty heavy (odd thing is, the first few rounds the trigger were fine, then got worse!). When I shot I had to hold to the right of the clay to bust it. Sent the gun into CZ to lighten the triggers (which they did, nice and crisp and light). Took the gun out today, held on the clay, broke just fine, didn't have to hold to the right, just right on.

So....I think the heavy triggers may have contributed to the gun shooting off before lighting the triggers.

Just curious, what problems have you encountered with heavy triggers?

As a side note, this is the first gun that I've ever owned that had heavy triggers, all my other guns were/are just fine, so I never had any experience with heavy pulls befoe.

Best,

Greg

Gregory J. Westberg
MSG, USA
Ret
Boxlock
Boxlock

Hi,
Interesting, I got a CZ Bobwhite, 28 ga, and the triggers were so heavy, that the right trigger could pick up a 12 lb dumbell if I would pull it up slow enough. The trigers were hard enough that I would pull the gun to the right when I shot it. The guys at CZ said they could only bring them down to 7 lb, which they did and it seems I can shoot where I am supposed too at trap targets, I am going to try some skeet this PM, we'll see.
Jim Pettemgill

Sidelock
Sidelock

The SXS I use for duck hunting has heavy triggers. I cannot shoot it very effectively at clay targets. When shooting live birds I never notice the difference.

Dodging lions and wasting time.....
Sidelock
Sidelock

Inconsistent triggers really screw up my shooting.

I had a Darne that would vary 3 pounds on the front trigger, as best I could measure it with a trigger scale.

Mine's a tale that can't be told, my freedom I hold dear.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I've had no experience with heavy triggers, Greg. I don't tolerate them. If I feel it is too heavy I correct it before shooting. I'm getting too old to form any more bad habits.

SRH

May God bless America and those who defend her.
GLS Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

The Bobwhites are notorious for heavy pulls. I had a local smith do mine and they are now very good. Gil

Sidelock
Sidelock

I've heard two different stories on CZ guns. One is that they will lighten the pulls only to the weight of the gun. Heavier than I prefer, but probably tolerable if they're crisp. Then I see 7# as their limit in the post above, which would likely be about 1 1/2 pounds heavier than a CZ Bobwhite 28ga--and possibly too heavy for me.

But it can also vary somewhat from gun to gun. My Parker Repro 28ga weighs right at 5 1/2. Just for the fun of it, I checked the trigger pull--which I'd never done before, mainly because it felt fine shooting at both targets and quail. The gun has a SST, and both break right at 6. So slightly heavier than the gun, but crisp--and they feel fine to me when I put in snap caps and try them. I'll always test the triggers on a gun if I'm thinking about buying it. If they feel heavy when I pull on snap caps, I'll then recock, take the safety off, and attempt to dangle the gun from my trigger finger. If I can do that without the hammers dropping, I'm pretty certain the pulls are too heavy, and assuming I otherwise like the gun, I now have to figure in some trigger tuning--which requires an experienced doublegun smith and isn't cheap.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Like many here I have tried and own many sxs but have never found a trigger pull excessive. The heaviest I have is on a Savage/Fox 20ga BST but no idea the weight . On the other hand I shoot bench and play with scheutzen guns and the pulls can be in the ounces. I have a greener and the front trigger is very light to the point I have fired it more than once in cold weather pulling up on a bird. I have considered having it set to a heavier pull.

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.
Sidelock
Sidelock

I need the triggers set to three or four pounds. If heavier, I jerk the gun. More so on a light gun.

I am glad to be here.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: AmarilloMike
I need the triggers set to three or four pounds. If heavier, I jerk the gun. More so on a light gun.

Me, too.

SRH

May God bless America and those who defend her.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.