Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 15 of 16 1 2 13 14 15 16
Sidelock
Sidelock

Hey, go easy on the little fella, LD. It's real easy to talk smack when you know big brother has your back. Maybe we let that big, mean bear swoop in from their secret Arctic base all the way to Cole Harbour and take a selfie with Lord Stanley. Hope that vaunted Canadian military is a whole lot better than the dumb f..ks they send to Grayling every year.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Be kind. Whenever I see Kansas I think of dear Dorothy's and Toto's adventures in the Land of the Wizard of Oz, replicated here so majestically where we share opinions on everything in an international doublegun forum. Imagine Americans who built a world empire talking only to themselves!

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: King Brown
....I'm as conflicted as others believing in a woman's right to choose, and abhorring executions which I wouldn't do myself.

Another paradox.

Morality or a high standard of human values doesn't enter into it? Don't we create discussion so that we appear to be on the high road to an inevitable end?

Sidelock
Sidelock

I don't think so. I think examining the lives of most people would reveal a genuine striving to do good, whatever that might be. Not trying to look good. Reading your stuff for years, I never thought you were different from what you appear.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Politics, abortion, capital punishment... anything to slink away from your unmistakably anti-gun words, eh King? What ever happened to your impassioned pleas to keep this forum all double-gun all the time, and leave politics out of it?

Inviolable or unalienable constitutional rights on paper bear no resemblance to practice here or there. Jim recognizes it above as we all do. Whatever Dave does with this dissolving phantasmagoria, my hope is that there's a cleanup of all the political partisanship and slogans, jingoism, imputing of motives and citizenship, and it's packed it off to another place on the board. I'm here to learn about doubles. I don't give a tinker's dam about someone's father or politician unless it relates to gun provenance or some activity in the shooting sports.

I still can't believe that you actually made the ridiculous claim that your anti-gun rhetoric is nothing more than "reporting accurately..."

I can't see the logic of how citing my posts concerning the Second would make me anti-gun unless you want to make me immortal for reporting accurately the wrong side as you see it of the liberal and conservative debate, which seems to be in liberal ascendancy from court findings. If you don't like it, don't blame me.

I'm sure you'd like everyone to believe that crap, but you have many times gone far beyond "reporting accurately" and followed up with your own anti-gun commentary. Here's some to refresh your memory:

King Brown post 433281 from "Trump on the Second Amendment" main forum 1/18/2016

Ed, historically the individual "right" to bear arms is relatively new. I believe John Ashcroft in 2002 became the first federal attorney-general to proclaim that individuals should be able to own guns. The Supreme Court in 2008 overturned all mainstream legal and historical scholarship by ruling that there is an individual right to own firearms although with some limits. Obama said it again last week.

I believe that during the previous 218 years the Second meant what it said: firearms shall be held by "the People"---a collective and not individual right---insofar they are in the service of "a well-regulated militia." Was an individual right even mentioned at the Constitutional Convention or in the House when it ratified the Amendment or when debated in state legislatures? I don't think so.

It appears that the only "reporting accurately" going on there was you accurately reporting your anti-2nd Amendment beliefs that are in denial of our Individual RKBA. But it isn't simply a denial of our Individual RKBA King... it is a repeated denial... even after you have been corrected.

Only one of us is "reporting accurately" here King, and it sure ain't you. Dishonesty is not civility.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Last Dollar
Better stay North then...And maybe mind your OWN business. How about cleaning up the massive pollutions taking place in Western Canada...? OOOPS forgot, the Western Canadians don't pay any attention to the eastern windbags...All they do is add more pollution...

Hey LD, why don't you send some more of your brilliant citizens north to Alberta so they can spend more time tweeting about the effects of all that pollution and Global Warming, HAPPENING RIGHT NOW, like that moron Leonardo DiCaprio, except the warm wind he was feeling was a chinook.

You got some balls complaining about Canadian pollution. Glass houses man, glass houses. If you are going to pick on us, at least have the brains LR has and needle us about our lack of support for our own military.

The world cries out for such: he is needed & needed badly- the man who can carry a message to Garcia
Sidelock
Sidelock

Why don't you fools provide better support to your military? I could care less about Canadian pollution....That's a Canadian problem...I was just pointing out that you all are so busy sticking your noses into our business that you don't even care about your own messes. Sheeeit, I bet you don't even know who Corb Lund is...

Sidelock
Sidelock

It's a Canadian thing, LD. We pull more than our weight in wars---fourth and fifth largest naval surface fleet and air force in the Second from a country with a tenth of your population---and neglect the military in between. There's a mitigating factor. Canada didn't wait to get torpedoed into the First and bombed into the Second. It was in from the first of both world wars. There weren't years of isolationism and the US ambassador to the Court of St. James reporting US entry wasn't worth it because the British Commonwealth was finished. As for stupidity and sticking our nose where it wasn't wanted, we stayed out of Vietnam and Iraq, now acknowledged as unwarranted and costly sacrifices to colonialism..

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Last Dollar
Why don't you fools provide better support to your military? I could care less about Canadian pollution....That's a Canadian problem...I was just pointing out that you all are so busy sticking your noses into our business that you don't even care about your own messes. Sheeeit, I bet you don't even know who Corb Lund is...

Why don't you do something about that [censored] Obama?

Obviously you don't do anything about Obama for the same reason I don't do anything about our military. We can't. We are just individuals. I'm guessing we both vote for people and parties who we think may fix some of what we both see is wrong with our respective countries. But don't lump me in with the assholes in my country and I won't lump you in the the assholes in your country.

I don't shit on Americans, why shit on Canadians? What makes you think this is an American only forum?

And I've seen Corb Lund live. I'm from the prairies, man, of course I've seen him.

Last edited by canvasback; 06/29/16 06:47 PM.

The world cries out for such: he is needed & needed badly- the man who can carry a message to Garcia
Sidelock
Sidelock

It's a Canadian thing, LD. We pull more than our weight in wars---fourth and fifth largest naval surface fleet and air force in the Second from a country with a tenth of your population---and neglect the military in between. There's a mitigating factor. Canada didn't wait to get torpedoed into the First and bombed into the Second. It was in from the first of both world wars. There weren't years of isolationism and the US ambassador to the Court of St. James reporting US entry wasn't worth it because the British Commonwealth was finished. As for stupidity and sticking our nose where it wasn't wanted, we stayed out of Vietnam and Iraq, now acknowledged as unwarranted and costly sacrifices to colonialism..

Thank you King.

Page 15 of 16 1 2 13 14 15 16

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.