Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 13 of 16 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 16
Sidelock
Sidelock

I keep a double by my bed for home defense.

I carry a double in the field behind my French Brittanys.

And while I may not particularly cherish my black plastic-stocked semi-auto AK47 I do cherish my right (and others') to own one.

I am glad to be here.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: King Brown
I can't see the logic of how citing my posts concerning the Second would make me anti-gun unless you want to make me immortal for reporting accurately the wrong side as you see it of the liberal and conservative debate, which seems to be in liberal ascendancy from court findings. If you don't like it, don't blame me.

When the guys on the "right side" said Obama's election would be blue ruin for gun rights, I said accurately there may be cosmetic changes but he would keep his legislative gun in his holster to position the Democratic candidate in '16. Again not only prescient but accurate and not anti-gun.

Jim's Liberal manure spreader doesn't come close to spreading the pure bullshit that King Brown does. Now King is claiming that all of his anti-gun rhetoric and support for anti-gun politicians is nothing more than "reporting accurately".

It is the totality and long term persistence of King Brown's anti-gun rhetoric that shows us what he is. He used to simply slink away from his comments, or move on to another thread when things got hot for him. The memory of his most recent anti-gun statement would fade into the archives. That is why I began saving all of his anti-gun, anti-NRA, and anti-2nd Amendment posts. In spite of overwhelming evidence, and even being repeatedly caught with the smoking gun in his hands, King still insists that he is pro-gun.

An abortion doctor who has not aborted his own children cannot thus claim to be Pro-Life. So it is with King and the few guns he claims to shoot.

By his standards, he might as well say that Hillary Clinton is pro-gun too, just because she claims to respect our rights, and that she is merely "reporting accurately" when she makes her calls to restrict access to semi-auto assault style guns and to bankrupt the firearms industry via the frivolous lawsuits that were stopped by Ronald Reagan under the 1986 FOPA.

King still insists that Obama has done no harm to the 2nd Amendment despite his repeated assaults, failed legislative attempts, and Executive Actions. You might as well say that attempted murder or rape is not a crime. King apparently wants us to forget that he managed to get two Liberal Left anti-gun Justices seated on the Supreme Court, and is jockeying for an anti-gun majority since Antonin Scalia died. King's comment is not prescient. It is not accurate. And it provides cover and support for Barack Obama, the most extreme anti-gun president in our history.

My opinion that King Brown is an anti-gunner who is here to undermine our 2nd Amendment Rights is based upon King's own words and deeds. He and Ed Good have a long history of denigrating and diminishing the 2nd Amendment, the NRA, and certain guns they dislike. I have found that their own words are the most effective tool to illustrate that fact. We have a few other anti-gun trolls, but King and Ed are the most prolific.

Dimensions of character---and culpability---are implied in the words we use.

That was one statement made by King Brown that I actually agree with. But he simply hates the culpability or accountability of being confronted with his own anti-gun words.

Pew Research has a good reputation, Jim. It's a source in the link Ed posted. Crime is declining in Canada, too, although our tougher-on-crime federal government can't build jails and penitentiaries fast enough.

Misfires seems near unanimous that there's no correlation between the number of guns and surpassing US gun violence, and that more guns lowers a homicide rate experienced nowhere else in the developed world.

I believe there is a connection---as most liberals do--- and that those conservative and liberal countries with exceedingly lower rates are a result of their democratically chosen, more-onerous, freedom-restricting regulations, common-sense or not.

I commented earlier on the cultural differences between the US and other countries in this respect, including how differently the US and Canada developed. Why do Americans dismiss the graphs and statistics?

Wrong again King! The question is, why do certain anti-gun Nova Scotians named King Brown dismiss the graphs and statistics? Why did you keep repeating this crap when you were repeatedly shown that it was a lie? I believe everyone here knows the answer to that... Because you feel it is your duty as a good little anti-gun Liberal Left soldier to continually work to nibble at our gun rights and stab us in the back.

Once again... real Pro-Gun guys DO NOT post stuff like that on a gun enthusiast forum. Ever.

Medical mistakes have moved up to become the third leading cause of death in the U.S. behind heart disease and cancer. The numbers are far far greater than deaths from assault style rifles... which are actually lower than deaths from hammers. But you won't see King Brown or dla (sic) crying about the AMA, ObamaCare, or Home Depot. Here's your statistics on guns and homicides again King... so you can ignore it again King.

What a fraud!

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Hey King, were you perchance a member of the Canadian Olympic Team in the 100 meter slink? I see you've once again slinked away from your anti-gun rhetoric so you can return later to proclaim to be a staunch pro-gunner.

To illustrate that you have many times repeated the total falsehood you wrote about the homicide rate in the U.S. compared to other developed countries, allow me to refresh your memory with this, from your post # 347338 in the "Guns and the Crime Rate" thread from December of 2013:

I get it, absolutely, as a liberal, and have no reason to doubt the figures. What I don't get is your assertion that more guns, particularly concealed, is the reason for less reported crime. That's your notion, not a fact.

Crime is falling in Canada and many other countries with restrictions, practically prohibitions on carry, concealed or otherwise. Check world comparisons of intentional homicides. US leads by wide margins all developed countries.

US is 4.7 per 100,000 inhabitants. Canada, North-South-West Europe and Australasia from 1.0 to 1.6 (Canada). My guess---guess---for the fewer homicides is fewer of "the most concealable types of guns" in public places.

That was a reply to James M. (Jim), who once again took the time to correct King's repeatedly false notions that our gun culture has led to the U.S. being the most violent and murderous developed country in the world... "by wide margins" according to that post King made. This is precisely why I have learned to verify any "facts" King posts here.

Here's Ted Schefelbein also taking the time to once again correct you King.

Originally Posted By: Ted Schefelbein
King,
We've been here, before. The US DOES NOT lead by a wide margin--several "hot spots" in the US do, however. These hot spots have common and explainable features. Corrupt, liberal, local government. Onerous anti-gun policies. Lousy public schools.
Think Detroit, Chicago, Washington D.C, and New Orleans. Remove only those four cities from the statistical data, and re-examine where the US homicide rate is.

Ted was just wasting his time, because you went on many times to repeat the same tired anti-gun propaganda used by anti-gun organizations who have to resort to outright lies to advance their agenda. Aren't you the guy who has repeatedly claimed that you have never told a lie here... a lie being something you know to not be true???

Real Pro-Gunners just don't write stuff like that. Ever! They sure as hell don't repeat it over and over after being confronted with facts from sources like the United Nations, which is hardy a bastion of individual gun rights. Nor do they go on with attempts to LULL U.S. gun owners into complacency about the relentless and ongoing threats to the 2nd Amendment made by the Anti-Gun Liberal Left:

What's sacred about constitutional rights? Why do we go on about it so much? Violation of constitutional rights goes on all the time. They're always before Supreme Courts to arbitrate. Trampling blatantly continues in spite of their rulings to cease and desist. Sure, we hold our constitutions dearly to our ideals but pro- and anti-gun control advocates use them to support opposing positions. Some of us are comforted by references to our constitutions although the evidence shows clearly that societies make of them what they will.

You've repeatedly shown us your personal "opposing position" to the 2nd Amendment, the NRA, semi-auto assault style rifles, concealable guns, large cap magazines, clips, etc. Yet you still claim to be Pro-Gun. Using your logic, I suppose the serial killer Ted Bundy could have called himself pro-woman just because he hadn't strangled his mother.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

James M Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

I continue to keep this fraud(Brown) on my ignore list but I have to ask the question? Just what does it buy this forum letting anti-gun trolls like King and others post here? Seeing another viewpoint? All one has to do is tune into the Obama News Network and you can see the lies, exaggerations and just plain B.S reported on a daily basis.
What you Won't see on the "ONN" is anything reported that's positive or factual regarding the RTKABA and that's why gun owners forums IMO are critical to maintaining our rights.
Jim

The 2nd Amendment IS an unalienable right.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Gun owner forums are not only critical but essential to protect our rights. They get their legitimacy and influence from a representative structure of all aspects of our fraternity, not a radical rump promoting a particular party or point of view.

Consider the consequences of the GOP under the sway of Cheney, then sliding untagged to the Tea Party, followed by Trump taking control of the GOP, the trend of modern conservatism. Making a big tent wins elections, blackballing doesn't.

"Get him outta here" isn't the American way.

Sidelock
Sidelock

bravo king, for contributing to giving this thread some positive purpose...after all, it started with the absurd premise that the rev. graham is some kind of wacko white supremacist! how weird is that?

now, consider this in regard to our Inalienable right to keep and bear arms...enter the 14th amendment...specifically, the clause guaranteeing the equal protection of law for all citizens...that clause was recently cited in a supreme court decision, whereby an ohio state law defining marriage was struck down as a violation of the 14th amendment, because same sex couple marriage was not provided equal protection of the law...

so, does it stand to reason, that if states like new york, forbid its citizens from possessing a certain class of arm, described as "assault rifles" and other states like vermont, have no such prohibition, then the citizens of new york are being excluded from their right to equal protection of the law as guaranteed by the 2nd and 14th amendment?

Last edited by ed good; 06/29/16 07:49 AM.

keep it simple and keep it safe...
Sidelock
Sidelock

Ed, look at the Supreme Court 5-3 decision yesterday about abortion in Texas. And what I was quoted above: "Sure, we hold our constitutions dearly to our ideals but pro- and anti-gun control advocates use them to support opposing positions. Some of us are comforted by references to our constitutions although the evidence shows clearly that societies make of them what they will."

The Texas analogy of what states do and can't do with those "20,000 gun laws" and "inalienable rights" would seem to apply to Vermont and New York--- until the Supreme Court comes along and arbitrates on their constitutionality, finding pro and anti depending on Court and public points of view. Short answer: I don't know. The Court surprises me more often than not.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Ed, look at the Supreme Court 5-3 decision yesterday about abortion in Texas. And what I was quoted above: "Sure, we hold our constitutions dearly to our ideals but....

....The Texas analogy of what states do and can't do with those "20,000 gun laws" and "inalienable rights"....

I guess when we understand that abortion is a Constitutional right, all the laws restricting luxuries like guns help us appreciate and value entitlements even more.

Sidelock
Sidelock

US state- and federal-sanctioned capital punishment, although failing in support relatively quickly, is in there, too.

I'm as conflicted as others believing in a woman's right to choose, and abhorring executions which I wouldn't do myself.

Another paradox.

Sidelock
Sidelock

While we are on thoughts to ponder and the wonderfulness of SC decisions, it strikes me that something is wildly F'd up when the SC guarantees a woman's right to choose while an Ohio court sentences a co-ed to life without parole from throwing away her newborn.

Talk about mixed messages! Which is it. Human life is sacred or not? Babies are to be cherished or thrown out?

The world cries out for such: he is needed & needed badly- the man who can carry a message to Garcia
Page 13 of 16 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 16

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.