March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online Now
1 members (trw999), 852 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,374
Posts544,014
Members14,391
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Sidelock
Sidelock

Indeed, Wolfgang. Nothing created or destroyed here, just a change in state or a rediscovery.

Cheers,

Raimey
rse

Sidelock
Sidelock

A follow up on the marke of a S in a Chevron being the marke of the Schilling - Schmiede:

Schilling Schmiede was founded by Ernst Friedrich Schilling in 1862 with possibly roots centred around a forge dating back another 100 years. About the commencement of WWI Ernst Hermann Schilling was @ the helm.

Cheers,

Raimey
rse

Sidelock
Sidelock

Sorry to "chime in" so late, the Kontra-Einhakmontage, can be set up using normal parts. It just depends on how you turn them. and locate the bases. For a while, ERA offered them for "standard" bolt action rifles, with screw on bases.I mounted a set on my G33-40, 9x57. They allow lower mounting of the scope and still have the bases on the factory drilled receiver(if it is factory drilled). Since it tips backwards, the scope objective bell does not hit the barrel. I have to remove the bolt to take the scope off my rifle, but I modified the boltstop, so that is a quick operation. The Kontra mounts on a Kipplauf allow lower mounting, without the front base being too far forward(maybe interfering with rear sight). With a Kipplauf, you may or may not have to break it open to remove the scope.
Mike

Last edited by Der Ami; 06/27/16 10:22 AM.
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

The scope bases are old and would surprise me if they don't date to somewhere between the wars. My guess is that the scope was mounted sans see-through bases in a low position and had to have the bases reversed from what we normally see for configuration to be removable.

I have a Hensoldt Klein Dialyt straight tube 2 3/4x scope that I intend to put on the rifle and in a low mount position it appears that the action may have to be opened to remove such a scope.

Dennis
Sidelock
Sidelock

I wonder how recoil forces differ according to set-up? The small feet of the catch are now where the hooks would be...is there any likelihood of them bending due to the direction of recoil in one configuration vs another?

Sidelock
Sidelock

Steve,
That is a consideration, when fitting them up. In factory mount parts, there is a small vertical section on the hook, that bears on the "plate". These two parts are usually mated to each other under hydraulic power, and fit very well. This will hold the scope, unless "rounded "by the gunsmith. Of course, "shop made" parts may or may not have this feature. The "feet" can't be fitted this closely, because there must be enough clearance to allow them to swing in an arc, the other side of the "feet" is under spring tension. This part holds the scope down, and side to side; the "hooks" have to hold it "fore and aft". I would say this set up requires careful fitting, but all claw mounts do.
Mike

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Got caught up on some photography today from work in the past months.

I finished a new stock on the Bock and made the claw mounts and rings so it now is scoped. That is the last of my Hensoldt Klein-Dialyts so if anyone has one that they want to sell or trade let me know.

Dennis
Sidelock
Sidelock

Wouldn't reversing the mount allow the use of rings on the main body of a scope with an enlarged objective, since the need to clear the objective when mounting/dismounting the scope would be removed? The scope could be removed or replaced with the Kipplauf action open.

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

That's my assumption too. The action has to be slightly opened to get the scope on and off. Not ideal but to have had to remove the bases and reversed them was not a desirable option.

Dennis
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.