May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
4 members (canvasback, DSchrank, 2 invisible), 287 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,523
Posts545,795
Members14,420
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 17 1 2 3 4 16 17
Sidelock
Sidelock

Saying the gun was a Sig Sauer MCX does not have the right impact that saying it was a M16 or Ar15. People know what they look like but don't know an SigSauer MCX from dust mop. So they use a familiar symbol and lie about it. And 700 rounds a minute is not possible with a semi automatic. Heck it's hard to do with a fully automatic. But never lets facts get in the way of your agenda.

This is why a free press works if it is honest. Ours is no longer honest. It has an agenda and will twist facts or ignore them as needed to gets its message out. Liberal students have been entering the press almost exclusively for 40 years. There is no mainstream media it is all far left reporting which now tells itself and us that's the way it really is.

I wish a few of these reporters were forced to watch a beheading or burning alive those who disagree with the radical Islamic followers. One thing for sure no female reporters would be there because radical Islam does not allow females to be free. They are property.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: King Brown
Whatever the rate of fire or dimensions of hypocrisy, they're a gnat's eyelash of influence in the gun debate compared to growing concern of persons legally loaded to the ears with assault rifles in public places. Downtown, it's madness.

The madness looks like the implication of legality and the civility of debate. While the investigation is ongoing, this appears to be an illegal act. The 'growing concern' should be leadership disregarding the gay and latino lobby for the opportunistic advancement of the antigun lobby.

I noticed there are no human beings involved in your thoughts, just agendas? Maybe, I read it wrong.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Try it anywhere in Nova Scotia, James. I suspect the regulations for transport are the same in your province. Even hunting on property not your own, not within couple hundred metres from a residence. To town for repairs or returns: cased; in the home, guns and ammo separate locations, trigger locks, locked rooms etc.

I can't imagine a bearded guy in black toting an assault rifle along the gorgeous Georgian brick landscapes of Port Hope not being stopped by police within minutes of being reported. Farley Mowat, no anti-gunner, would have taken him out on sight. Police hereabouts investigate gun sightings regularly, mostly benign.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Madness, as out of one's mind, explicates the human tragedy, craig. LGBT as Mateen's target a big part of it.

SKB Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

A cultural difference I found hard to wrap my brain around while visiting the UK. My host noted we had to cover our guns while walking from the car to the paddock. Don't want to spook the neighbors. Here we walk on the edge of the road with our guns over our shoulder and wave to anyone we pass. A normal sight in rural America and cause for concern in other countries.

http://www.bertramandco.com/
Booking African hunts, firearms import services

Here for the meltdowns
Sidelock
Sidelock

Madness, as out of one's mind, explicates the human tragedy, craig. LGBT as his target a big part of it.

King, he was on the terrorist "No Fly" list for over a year. He hung out with an American that later suicide bombed in Syria. He was on the FBI's watch list. The FBI had interviewed him more than once. During the attack, in a 911 call, Mateen swore allegiance to ISIS.

ISIS murders gays in its domain every chance it gets. They advocate that practice in their propaganda.

The New York Times is blaming the attack on semi-automatic rifles with detachable magazines, personality disorder, the NRA, and homophobia.

It seems that the liberals want to make the Orlando shooting about anything and everything but radical Islamist terrorism.

Why is that King?

Last edited by AmarilloMike; 06/14/16 11:17 AM. Reason: grammar

I am glad to be here.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Define "Assault rifle".
In 1776 a "Brown Bess" was an Assault Gun, it wasn't rifled, in 1861/65 the Springfield or Enfield rifled muskets were Assault Rifles, today anything which is only semi-Auto is not an assault rifle. Under present law the first three mentioned are not even defined as "Firearms".

We have had laws pertaining to full automatic arms since 1934 I believe it was. These were primarily aimed at the "Tommy Gun", but the deep down problem was "NOT" the gun.

Miller/TN
I Didn't Say Everything I Said, Yogi Berra
Sidelock
Sidelock

Used to be that way here, SKB. Now it seems guns may be heard but not seen. It may be a civil courtesy. Generations have grown up to abhor killing of any kind. In my opinion, Canada has generally found a reasonable balance. I feel no encumbrances as an active gunner with all the big and small game to heart's content within walking distance from my home.

Sidelock
Sidelock

....In my opinion, Canada has generally found a reasonable balance. I feel no encumbrances as an active gunner with all the big and small game to heart's content within walking distance from my home.

Yabut, what if it turns out that ole farley has a smudge on his glasses and sentences a soccer mom to execution. Shouldn't your brand of balance have gone out with the wild west of lore?

Just kidding. I weep for the poor single mexican mother trying to take her adopted muslim son out for a couple of rounds of skeet, when he grew up abhorring killing of any kind. Fairness would redistribute the game slaughter inequality that mother Canada has forced on its citizens. Or, maybe I've brought up yet another unrelated detour.

Sidelock
Sidelock

It's a cultural war, no hold barred, each side trying to bludgeon the other with anything at hand. Liberals, believing they're in the ascendancy, are flogging Orlando as a national curse, not an aberration.

The liberal NYT and other distinguished media, bolstered by influential personages of the Republican Party itself, are using unprecedented mass killings and the exacerbating rhetoric of the heir presumptive to bring him down.

Personally, I wondered what form and how long it would take Orlando to appear on this mostly conservative forum. Technical and moral musing seemed thin gruel to mitigate another threat of gun control.

Page 2 of 17 1 2 3 4 16 17

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.