May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 233 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,537
Posts546,033
Members14,420
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 10 1 2 3 4 9 10
bobski Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

knowing everyone lives in busy worlds, the meet policy is that if you get a ticket and cant make it....its good for one reschedule.
in other words, if you cant make it in oct, come in april, no loss no foul.
it seems to work out pretty well.
just wanted you all to know this, if its the only reason you may be hesitating on getting a ticket early.

Retired Military Aviation
Former Member U.S. Navy Shooting Team
https://606f79f3c2431.site123.me/
Sidelock
Sidelock

I wish you luck. I do many shoots and after reading your posting's I had questions and comments. Pre buying a ticket is good for big shoots to get a place before it fills up but doing that for your's and without a cash refund provison might not be the best. What is incentive to sign up early? Asking shooters to bring three cases of clay birds and to bring prizes for the winners is veryunusual. Somebody is high gun and he gets a flashlight or set of screwdrivers from harbor frt? Aren't you buying clay birds in pallet loads and wouldn't your price be better than each man buying them at wally? What is the gun inspection and who is the inspector and what are his credentials (never saw that before) The pot luck dinner is good but what do you have for some one that wants a hot dog or pop etc for lunch? Dutch steak dinner in town, does that mean buy ur own? If that's right please say it. How about the waivers, waivers for what? Can you post a copy of waiver here so shooters know what theyre signing away before driving to your club? Do you have liability insurance? Are all your traps electric's or are some hand traps? High gun shoots against Bob as proxy for low score - what is that? Shooting against a ringer who owns the club? Last suggestion is to tell what shooters get for their 50 bucks.

bobski Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

im sorry youre so leary joe.
i'll be glad to answer your questions but you really need to click the link and see my place before you start questioning the good time im offering.
click the gallery.

most likely the shoots you attend are commerical operations and managed by either members, staff, with state grants or dues.

this one is an invite to my home, joe.

im inviting all of dg-bbs to my private backyard range.
some people have pools and tennis courts in their backyard. i just so happen to have this professional 2 field range with clubhouse, in mine.

i keep it small and personal joe. 10 is perfect. 20 is fine.

im about to list the things needed to make this happen. you got ahead of me.

this is a party meet for dg-bbs joe.
most guests bring the host a bottle of wine to a dinner invite. for this invite, you bring targets.

coming here is a chance to shoot with all the posters here and share gun stories and shoot some rare guns, centrally located in the usa.

what you win is not the goal. if you come only to win stuff, youll be coming for the wrong reason. its a party shoot.

go take a look. and i will answer the best i can for you and everyone else.

bobski Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

here joe....
heres a standard blurb.
-------------------------

i enjoy bringing cyber posters together to share something in common, shooting! being retired military, i have a lot of free time to devote to my passion, shotguns and people. i enjoy it so much, that i bought this abandoned range a few years ago, just to have people come out and learn to shoot as a hobby. it also gives the locals something to do after those long hard days on the farm. i live in va.. so i only visit up to mo. twice a year. so i'd like to offer you all a chance to come meet me at my place for a great little getaway which i promise will be worth your time.
i use to shoot on the navy shooting team, rifle, pistol, and shotgun. i was on the world champion navy skeet team that won gold in san antonio back in the 90's. i know the game.
to make your visit to the DG-BBS meet worth the trip, im offering free instruction and coaching to all that sign up.
i prefer it to be 'bring your own shotgun,' but if you dont have one, i will ensure some will be here for you to borrow for free. and too, others will surely bring some to loan as well.
i will open my clubhouse for free as well.
it has a kitchen, so anyone is welcome to use it to cook. i cant cook for you guys....i'll be teaching on the range, so if you want to bbq or eat grub, bring your own food and cook it yourselves. i also supply coffee to all shooters for free.
the range parking lot is big enough for campers. i dont have sewage, but i do have free electricity and water hookups. bring your extention cords and hoses. so if you want to bring a camper to save on motels, feel free. pitch a tent too if youd like.

the clubhouse is knotty pine, has running water, toilet, heat and ac.

weather is always the stick in the mud, so we shoot in the rain like real life.
this is a 3 day event. main event is saturday.
banking on one day is a gamble. if you can get here friday noon, it will give us wiggle room. if you leave monday morning, even better. but i understand most of you must return for work. we will shoot sunday if one of the days is a washout.

tickets are 50.00. bring 10 boxes of shells and 3 (90 count) cases of targets. it acts an entry fee.
many pitch in to make the trophy free and many pitch in to give free prizes to winners. the more people give, the more the winners win.
this match is designed for skilled and the beginners to get a feel for the most common clay games on a budget. i will shepard you thru the basics to the 5 different games for free.
of course if youre a skilled shooter, come as well! but to ensure there are no ringers, the top score must shoot against me in the last event if they want to win the trophy; because, i shoot in proxy for last place. if i win, last place wins the match trophy. high score wins the prizes. so dont be scared away over a match due to a lack of skill. its a lot of fun.
and when the meet is over...we all attend a dutch steak dinner at the local pub called club 60 in mountain grove, mo.. it goes well into the night.

http://www.urbanspoon.com/cities/210-missouri/restaurants/1066216-club-60-steak-house/menu

---------------------------------------

for those choosing to come, heres your bug out list................

* shotgun, 12ga or 20ga. must have shoulder stock. must be in working order. suggest pump, semi, o&u, or sbs.
* interchangable chokes both IC & FULL. SKT will be fine too. if you dont have a gun with interchangable chokes, bring two shotguns...one with a full and one with a skeet or IC choke in it.
* 10 boxes of ammo, 7 1/2 or 8 shot.
* 3 cases of walmart clay targets
* ball cap
* rain gear
* safety glasses, clear or smoked.
* shell pouch if you have one. (dont buy one, i have some you can borrow.)
* ear plugs, not ear muffs. those big dorky ones will interfere with your stock fit to your cheek.
* batters gloves. nice but not needed.
* 10 gallons of nerves
* 1 humble pie

---------------------------------------------

for those considering coming, here are the ground rules......

VCPF Range Rules:

Rangemasters decisions are final.
Drug or alcohol use prohibited on the premise. Period. The management has the right to deny shooting privileges if detected.
Eye and ear protection required when shooting or in the shooting area.
Guns & ammo are subject to inspection. Shoulder stocks are required.
Guns entering the clubhouse must be opened and confirmed empty before racking.
Shouldering, dry firing, and loading of firearms in the clubhouse is prohibited.
A game is 25 targets. Shoot only 1 shot at 1 target.
Extra targets not allowed, unless one is thrown broken.
Carry only one gauge of ammo when shooting.
Load only when you are on a firing station. Otherwise, keep your firearm unloaded with the action open.
Load no more than 2 rounds at a time.
Load only 1 round on station 8 high house and 1 round for ATA trap.
Dont swing past the center stake on station 8.
Everyone shoots station 8 high, then everyone shoots station 8 low.
If your gun gives an odd report, cease fire, unload your gun, and check the bore for an obstruction.
Stop all shooting when a cease-fire is called. Open all actions and unload.
Be alert for people in the shooting area or downrange.
Dont shoot at wildlife or livestock. Dogs must be leashed and policed.
Dont shoot if an orange cone, flag, or hat appears on the trap bunker.
Dont walk past the far edge of the houses unless loading the bunker.
Dont shoot the houses. If you do, confess and paint it.
No shot larger than #6 allowed on this range.
Children must be kept within arms reach at all times. Infants not allowed on the range. Period.
Children who can not safely hold, mount, or swing a firearm properly, may not shoot.
To reduce the risk of lead ingestion, no eating or smoking while shooting. It is advised to thoroughly wash hands and face after shooting.
You may keep whatever hulls you came with. All others are club property and must remain.
Did i say the rangemasters decisions are final? Good. Just checking.

bobski Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

let me explain it in a way that maybe joe and the rest will understand. im not the entertainment. im not the band. you are. im not a promoter. this meet isnt a commericial venture with sponsors or advertisers offering clients expensive prizes. so, you can make this meet as fancy, expensive, and rewarding as you want. all im doing is providing you all a place to meet and shoot your fine guns among other dg-bbs members. and most importantly, you arent a customer with rights, youre a private guest in my home who acts accordingly. i agree. ive seen some shoots at some back yard invites in my time, and youre right. sometimes its a guy with a hand flinger in a muddy field. one visit to my website should eliminate those fears. maybe if i describe what happens to you like this... im offering you the banquet hall, youre bringing the wedding party to it. i have no control over who actually comes on the wedding day, but i will assist you all in making sure that at least 10 will be there. your 50 spot is a kind gesture on your part to show the others and me, that you are serious about coming. ive been to a couple of parties where everyone promises to come, so the host goes out and spends hundreds if not thousands on a party, and then no one shows up. its the ultimate insult to a host. im like you. im not excited about driving 3000 miles round trip if on shoot day, everyone that promised to come just rolls over and says im too tired. the 50 keeps us all honest. and to show my honesty, i even offer everyone the benefit of the doubt and let you roll it over to the next meet. how many shoots do that, joe? rocketman will vouch for me. gil will vouch for me. they saw the operation. they attended the april shoot. it works. im real. rocketman could only come for 1 day and had to leave and had 5 games left over. i even gave him a range pass to come and shoot them up in the future. how many events do that, joe? im not throwing the party, you all are. im just providing the roof over it all. you bring targets and i'll toss them out 5 professionally maintained machines on a bonified course. your 50 is a way of ensuring other posters here that you are commited to coming. and its a way to say... thanks bob for: offering us your home, offering us the club facility without a membership, giving us all a chance to meet in one place with fine guns, offering us free instruction and coaching, providing us night shooting, keeping thouands of dollars of machines running for us, providing us a camp ground, providing an evening event in town, providing us winchester loaners, and having a smiling face greet me in the driveway, (who just drove 1500 miles from conn to see me...:>) btw dave, conn is farther than new york. so its not impossible. i do it twice a year. come join us and i will pick up your ticket. afterall, this is your website. be my guest. how many shoots do that, joe? my range is very secluded. my unincorporated town has 150 residents and 10,000 cows. if you need to unwind, this is the place. its 30 miles to town in any direction. its 6 miles to gas. my website lists all the options you have for lodging and food in the area. best to view this meet like a retreat and come prepared accordingy. this is why i encourage campers and small rv's. its a very relaxing 3 days. if youre familiar with the ozarks, youd know this to be true. remember guys....this is your party. its for everyone here. help me create it. we have 5 months to do it. and to encourage you all, i have 14 names already geared up to come locally and from other places...in case you cant gin up 10 names. so its almost locked in already. in the 5 years ive been doing this, ive never had to give refunds. ive always made minimum attendance. come be part of it.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Thanking you for your replies. You anwered most of my question's. I will be nearbye then but will probably not make your get together. Once again goodluck.

bobski Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

too bad. it would have been nice to meet you.

latest tally:

gil..............yes
bobski...........yes

rocketman........maybe
ken nelson.......maybe
old colonel......maybe
rva..............maybe

treb1ing1958......no
old joe...........no

Sidelock
Sidelock

Damn, that sounds like fun......I wish I could fit it in.

Mergus

Duckboats, decoys and double barrels...
bobski Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

why cant you?

Sidelock
Sidelock

Hi, Bob. Had a good time this spring. I can't commit to the fall shoot at this time, but it will be on my schedule of desired activities.

DDa

Page 2 of 10 1 2 3 4 9 10

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.