April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
1 members (smlekid), 1,150 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,445
Posts544,841
Members14,406
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 10 of 11 1 2 8 9 10 11
Sidelock
Sidelock

Gentlemen, Please, Please. I'm a veteran. I'm new to the board. I have two doubles..one a wall gun apparently handmade by Pashtuns in the FATA which I brought home from Quetta (with all sorts of Urdu or Pashtu markings on the brass)..the other a Reilly ..and I posted a lot on this gun. (actually three if I count my wife's 1905 Williams Evans 20 ga). The internet is filled up with this hyperbolic, anti-social stuff. Can we please talk double guns here? There are thousands of sites to debate the other issues (not that anyone will listen).

I'm shooting clays with my hammer gun EM Reily 12ga, 30" barrels. And have taken my wife's 20ga William Evans out with some surprising results. I don't care about scores or victories over opponents. I want to shoot what I enjoy. It is just a hoot. But I do see a lot of high-end OU with fancy chokes at our range and they all want to hold the Reilly and Evans..always asking "Is this a Fox?"

It's interesting for me that the Reilly shooting 2 1/2 RST 7/8 8 shot..kicks a whole lot less than the Wm Evans 20ga 2 3/4. Odd). (You can see I haven't been out shooting doubles for many years) ..

The Reilly is sort of like a M-79 as I recall..when I shot it way back then there was a thump and an almost primordial visceral reaction in the gut - I can't help but wonder what a flechette round from a M-79 would do to a pheasant or a clay? Wonder if you can get a custom double 40mm M-79? (by the way...the quintessential Vietnam "gotcha" question was, "How do you get an airburst with an M-79? All the young Special Ops studs in Afghanistan and Iraq would go "duhhhh".. I'd reply, "Do like the Montagnards and shoot the HE round into a tree.")

Last edited by Argo44; 04/20/16 11:04 PM.

Baluch are not Brahui, Brahui are Baluch
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Argo44
Gentlemen, Please, Please. I'm a veteran. I'm new to the board. I have two doubles....

....The internet is filled up with this hyperbolic, anti-social baloney. Can we please talk double guns here? There are thousands of sites to debate the other issues (not that anyone will listen)....

Larry is an extremely knowledgable and generous source of many things double gun. If I had to make a bet, I'd bet he'd talk double guns with you. Me, being the pig that I am, don't mind wading through off topic odds and ends for the numerous tidbits that can be priceless. Would you happen to have a sonogram of the Reilly, I know someone that can read it. Just having a little light hearted fun, Argo, take care.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Only pig Larry needs to wrestle is the sympathetic Muslim pig in his closet.

Sidelock
Sidelock

That was totally uncalled for especially after Argo's excellent post.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: craigd

Hiya Lar,
If I ever get invited over to your place, I know highly doubtful, will you be okay if I tramp around on your furniture exercising my first amendment right? Maybe we should remember who's house this is before we get the french to defend our right to free speech.

Craig, the way I read the First Amendment, I don't see that it gives you the right to tramp around on my furniture. That's going a bit beyond free speech. As far as remembering whose house it is, some people do tend to forget it's Dave's. And while you do indeed have free speech rights, he can toss you out if he doesn't like what you say. He's pretty good about letting people have their say, and I'll leave it to him to decide whether Ed should be here. Not up to anyone else to jump on Ed about gun rights etc when he's started a discussion on another topic. If Dave needs help, I'm sure he'll ask for it.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Judge
That was totally uncalled for especially after Argo's excellent post.

I didn't paint Larry's self portrait he did...

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: L. Brown
....Craig, the way I read the First Amendment, I don't see that it gives you the right to tramp around on my furniture. That's going a bit beyond free speech. As far as remembering whose house it is, some people do tend to forget it's Dave's. And while you do indeed have free speech rights, he can toss you out if he doesn't like what you say. He's pretty good about letting people have their say, and I'll leave it to him to decide whether Ed should be here. Not up to anyone else to jump on Ed about gun rights etc when he's started a discussion on another topic. If Dave needs help, I'm sure he'll ask for it.

Larry, this I can understand.

Don't worry about the furniture, I'd bring a little soap box and drop cloth. I am relieved that you really wouldn't fight to the death to defend keith's right, mine, ed's, or anyone else who chooses to post here. Have you noticed, ed bashes hunting here by giving game birds human and beloved pet qualities. And, piers is wrong about attaching emotional descriptives to hunting?

Sidelock
Sidelock

Not up to anyone else to jump on Ed about gun rights etc when he's started a discussion on another topic. If Dave needs help, I'm sure he'll ask for it.

Really?

Here's what the self-appointed Moderator Larry Clown had to say only 9 minutes before he said that, in a thread about the Upland Journal website being down:

David, the unfortunate truth is that sometimes, conservatives who claim to support gun ownership, gun rights and hunting manage to get conned by the Dark Side. Dittoheads who think Rush can do no wrong come up with all kinds of excuses why it was OK for him to do promos for HSUS's anti-dog fighting campaign. And he's a guy who regularly refers to "animal rights wackos".

What a pompous jerk. You can't make this shit up.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: craigd
....Craig, the way I read the First Amendment, I don't see that it gives you the right to tramp around on my furniture. That's going a bit beyond free speech. As far as remembering whose house it is, some people do tend to forget it's Dave's. And while you do indeed have free speech rights, he can toss you out if he doesn't like what you say. He's pretty good about letting people have their say, and I'll leave it to him to decide whether Ed should be here. Not up to anyone else to jump on Ed about gun rights etc when he's started a discussion on another topic. If Dave needs help, I'm sure he'll ask for it.

Larry, this I can understand.

Don't worry about the furniture, I'd bring a little soap box and drop cloth. I am relieved that you really wouldn't fight to the death to defend keith's right, mine, ed's, or anyone else who chooses to post here. Have you noticed, ed bashes hunting here by giving game birds human and beloved pet qualities. And, piers is wrong about attaching emotional descriptives to hunting?

Well Craig, thanks for offering to clean the furniture. But it's my right to tell you to keep the heck off it in the first place. Same as it's Dave's right to control what's said here, if he chooses to do so. His sandbox. But since Dave hasn't chosen to go after Ed when he starts a post about a particular model of hammergun or about shotguns for sporting clays, why go from there to bringing up his past "sins" of not being 100% in someone's corner where gun rights are concerned? If Dave doesn't want him here, isn't it up to him to show him out the door? Why not start a topic about gun rights, or hunting rights or whatever, if that's what you want to discuss? And we can all pick our favorite saints or sinners from this BB . . . which happens to center on doubleguns, and which must attract people who have some interest in them. Doesn't necessarily mean they're the devil incarnate if they don't happen to be fans of handguns, AK's, AR's, etc--even though most of us might see a slippery slope if we start discriminating by the type of firearm of which we do or do not approve.

Sidelock
Sidelock

....Well Craig, thanks for offering to clean the furniture....

....since Dave hasn't chosen to go after Ed when he starts a post about a particular model of hammergun or about shotguns for sporting clays, why go from there to bringing up his past "sins" of not being 100% in someone's corner where gun rights are concerned? If Dave doesn't want him here, isn't it up to him to show him out the door? Why not start a topic about gun rights, or hunting rights or whatever, if that's what you want to discuss?....

....Doesn't necessarily mean they're the devil incarnate....

Larry, there you go again. Just kidding, I promise I didn't say I'd clean your furniture. I'm sure it's impeccable, probably fortunate for me, I'll never know.

You're awful hard on ed, are you thinking ban? I have no idea if ed's a sinner or not, but I seem to get the sense that he opens doors. Some we walk through, some we don't.

I'd be terrified to start a topic on gun right, you might call me a pig wacko ditto head. I really couldn't care less about my first amendment rights here. Maybe, you could appreciate how silly the hyperbole I was pointing out, about the lengths you'd take to ensure one could type what they please here, comes across.

I know you think of me as heathen, actually, I'd be suspicious if you didn't. Strange doors get opened on a SxS thread. Myself, I'm stuck thinking it's a over/under game, sounds like my loss.

Page 10 of 11 1 2 8 9 10 11

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.