Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 10 11
Sidelock
Sidelock

I have been a member of the 16ga society since April of 2007 about a year after I bought my first 16ga shotgun. Prior to joining, I was frustrated with the available ammunition and the poor quality of hulls. The societys members enlightened me on everything 16ga.
A 16ga built on a 12ga frame has no advantage, but a scaled 16ga and for me, especially a SxS with a straight grip, splinter forend and double triggers is the ideal upland bird gun.
My frustration with new 16ga ammo and poor quality hulls is now a thing of the past because I load RMC brass hulls. Outstanding patterns and the hulls longevity will allow me to pass them along with my guns to my heirs.

Jim
Sidelock
Sidelock

I own a couple 20's, a couple 12's, one .410...and five 16's. I like shooting them all, but when I'm in the field it'll be one of those 16's hanging over my arm. An old 16 gauge Savage autoloader is the only gun I ever saw my dad shoot, so I guess the sixteen is a sort of legacy for me. That gun is one of the five; ironically he got rid of a sxs to get it, but it doesn't get out much any more since I enjoy my doubles. Luckily I've compiled more loads than I'll ever be able to shoot so availability is not a problem. For my A grade Fox, there's RST.

Doug Oliver grew up about 20 miles north of me, but I never met him until I joined the 16ga sSciety; member #47, joined August of 2004. He was a fine gentleman and gone way too soon; I miss him.

The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits. - Albert Einstein
Sidelock
Sidelock

Love my 16's. I have more 16's than any other gauge. My "go to" upland guns are either my 1913 Merkel S x S 16 gauge or my 1938 BSW (Simson) 16 gauge S x S. Also have a great 1938 BSW 16 gauge Over/Under, and a few more. I also joined the 16 gauge Society years ago to find good loading data. It's a very civil and helpful group of guys.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Run With The Fox
I don't know this "Doug-dude" from Adam's off ox- so you are waaay out of line in your untoward remarks about whom is the ass here. My comments were only directed at the bastard gauge, as Paul Curtis once called in, in a private conversation back around 1939-if memory serves. He was more genteel in his 1934 book- Guns and Gunning- where he referred to it as being "neither fish nor fowl" Get a life!

I am going to suggest that "Dude" RWTF, be banned from this site. The braying of this donkey is tasteless and disrespectful. I think the group is just tired of it.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Fourteener54
Originally Posted By: Run With The Fox
I don't know this "Doug-dude" from Adam's off ox- so you are waaay out of line in your untoward remarks about whom is the ass here. My comments were only directed at the bastard gauge, as Paul Curtis once called in, in a private conversation back around 1939-if memory serves. He was more genteel in his 1934 book- Guns and Gunning- where he referred to it as being "neither fish nor fowl" Get a life!

I am going to suggest that "Dude" RWTF, be banned from this site. The braying of this donkey is tasteless and disrespectful. I think the group is just tired of it.
Speak for yourself here, ScheiseKopf. Dave runs an open forum, ever heard of the First Amendment? I don't this Doug-Dude, so my comments were directed against the 16 gauge per se, not against any individual. Re-read my reply sans rancor, "Mister-Foster" and stand down. RWTF

"The field is the touchstone of the man"..
Sidelock
Sidelock

16 G society would never let some people join.

Boats.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Quote:
ever heard of the First Amendment?

Does not apply here.

Boxlock
Boxlock

I hunt with 16 gauge almost always. Upland bird hunting anyway. Got nine sixteens , all sxs except the 870 I got when I turned thirteen. Goose hunt with a ten.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Replacement
Quote:
ever heard of the First Amendment?

Does not apply here.
Strange- as 90% of the membership (Ed Good non-withstanding) believes in the Second Amendment- but you say the First does Not apply. I beg to differ.Once again, I will re-state the obvious- I was NOT calling either Doug what's-hisname? on the Society "bastards", or "basterds" if you spell like Quentin Tarrantino does-- just the gauge, and I was quoting the late Paul A. Curtis. I am a cheap SOB I guess, as I refuse to pay the ridiculous market prices for either a 16 gauge (which I do not own) or even the 28 gauge (I own one- a Model 12, but it is a "Closet Queen"-- I reload 12 AA's when the market price is OK for the economy of that, when it is not, I buy in case lots when I can. I have been to many Tower pheasant shoots in the past 20 years, I always bring a 12 gauge and extra shells- I would guess 90% of the other gents do the same-just my observations. Sorry if I offended any of this 16 gauge Social Network, it's a free country, Brother..

"The field is the touchstone of the man"..
Sidelock
Sidelock

Quote:
but you say the First does Not apply. I beg to differ.

You can beg all you want, but you are still wrong. The First Amendment does not apply HERE. The government can't shut you up, but Dave can.

Page 4 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 10 11

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.