May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
5 members (Wild Skies, Jusanothajoe, obsessed-with-doubles, David Williamson, 1 invisible), 354 guests, and 10 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,546
Posts546,131
Members14,420
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: AmarilloMike
As long as we are violating the letter and the spirit of the rules here:

No doubt Obama and the gun grabbers did sequential focus groups in order to find the most persuasive arguments for gun control in preparation for CNN's "town hall". Which, of course, was really just carefully choreographed Kabuki theater.

Obama and his anti-gun allies want to take our hand guns, our semi auto rifles and our semi-auto shotguns. And if they are successful their successors will go after our successors' lever action rifles, bolt action rifles, pump shotguns, over and unders, and double guns.

I believe the NRA is right. We should not cede one word of new gun regulation without a fight. We should legally fight gun control on every front, in the courts, in the voting booth, and by financially supporting the NRA, the Second Amendment Foundation, and the Republican party.

Absolutely!

The world cries out for such: he is needed & needed badly- the man who can carry a message to Garcia
Sidelock
Sidelock

Is it possible that the US government is passing guns to the inner city gangs like they did with the Mexican drug cartel with their so called "Fast and Furious" ?

The US people are still waiting on an answer to "Fast and Furious" maybe Kingfish could tell us why ?

Sidelock
Sidelock

The focus right now is on background checks. The really insidious part is requiring causal sellers to become gun dealers. I've heard it may apply to those selling only two guns a year. It would essentially criminalize millions of law-abiding citizens, and in fact create an ad hoc registry. Everyone knows guns must be shipped to an FFL holder for transfer, the real attack is on those casual sellers selling only a few guns a year.

I prefer wood to plastic, leather to nylon, waxed cotton to Gore-Tex, and split bamboo to graphite.
dal Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

We all believe in gun control....even Keith, and the NRA.

The fight is......where to draw the line, and who decides where that line is. Even here, if people had anonymity, and had no fear of verbal retribution, would admit to having their line drawn much further then some others.

D.

Life is too short to have a 'hate on' for so many things or people. Isn't it?
Sidelock
Sidelock

gun control at the state level is not a violation of the second amendment. in fact, it is encouraged by the tenth amendment. gun control at the federal level and in particular the 1993 law that created federal background checks is a violation of the second amendment.

instead of discussing fantasy national gun registration, and that leading to confiscation, perhaps we should be debating the wisdom of repealing the federal gun control law of 1993 and restoring the decision to conduct background checks or not, to the states?

Last edited by ed good; 01/09/16 11:08 AM.

keep it simple and keep it safe...
Sidelock
Sidelock

On Jan. 4th, when Dave Weber locked the most recent discussion pertaining to Gun Control and Gun Rights, he said this:

"This is NOT a political debate arena.

This is a pro-gun website...and surprise surprise...I am pro-gun.
As in pro-all kinds of guns...not just pretty 2 barreled ones."

With that statement, our host made his own entry into the politics of Gun Control. But Dave's statement was not debate. The people who have agreed here in this thread with Dave are also not debating the issue. Dave went on to say this:

"If you are not pro gun you can either leave...Or, pipe down and be respectful of the majority. We really don't care to hear your opinion."

In response to that stern warning, a couple non-U.S. citizens who have frequently supported Gun Control and Anti-Gun politicians such as Obama said this:

Originally Posted By: King Brown
There's no "if" about it: the vast majority of Americans and Canadians are in lock-step support of background checks, according to all the polls.

We may fume and fulminate, postulate Valhalla or blue ruin, but like Sgt. Friday said, "Just the facts, m'am." I leave it there.

And this:

Originally Posted By: dal
We all believe in gun control....even Keith, and the NRA.

The fight is......where to draw the line, and who decides where that line is. Even here, if people had anonymity, and had no fear of verbal retribution, would admit to having their line drawn much further then some others.

D.

The problem is, King Brown, and dla (sic), and Ed Good promote and support 2nd Amendment restrictions on law abiding citizens. I don't, and neither does the NRA. These Trolls not only continually work to undermine our freedoms, they continue to violate Dave's very recent warning to either keep their Anti-Gun opinions to themselves, or simply leave. Were any of you polled on your opinion of Universal Background Checks? Me neither! Trolls like them are the sole reason why we cannot have simple and factual discussions about the threats to our Constitutional Gun Rights in this forum. Anti-Gun Trolls like them are why these discussions sometimes degenerate into the distasteful. Is it any wonder when Trolls, who claim they are not Anti-Gun, make irrational statements like this:

Originally Posted By: King Brown
The roots I'm comfortable with are the radical---"to get to the root of"---and that's Jesus's teaching. The shame is how far the Christian community has drifted from it. We act irrationally from fear when the Christian message is to fear not, even death itself.We call ourselves Christian nations and stockpile ammunition, need concealed carry to protect ourselves and a regulated militia without regulations to protect us from our own governments, abandoning Jesus's teaching to defend it.

I am not engaging in political debate. We all know what happened a few days ago. Barack Hussein Obama sidestepped Congress and enacted new laws that will affect many of you. This is the same Obama who recently commuted the sentences of drug offenders, knowing how much gun violence is caused by the drug trade. Obama, who has been 100% anti-gun his entire political life did not disappoint. Barack Hussein Obama, who said he respects the 2nd Amendment also told Prof. John Lott at the University of Chicago that "I dont believe people should be able to own guns."

Under Obama's Executive Order, if you sell more than one gun... you will be considered a dealer. If you do not have an FFL, you will be a felon subject to 5 years in prison and a $250,000 fine. If you give a gun to your son without a background check, you have committed a Federal Felony and will go to prison and lose your voting rights. What does this do to Dave's For Sale section? How many guys here sell more than one gun using Dave's For Sale Section? That section is closed to most FFL Dealers now. How many guys here have more than one gun to sell or pass on to their heirs? How does Dave know if the non-FFL advertisers in the For Sale Section here are in compliance with the new draconian law, and can he be considered an accessory to any illegal transfers?

Other non-U.S. citizens who contribute here from Canada, Great Britain, and Australia have warned us in the past to never give up an inch. The inch was given up when Obama was elected, and he has taken a mile. Like it or not, we now have an illegal backdoor Gun Registry. If Universal Background Checks was not a Registry, the Form 4473 would not require the make, model and serial number of the firearm being transferred. No debate... just the facts.

Dave says that this is a Pro-Gun website. I'll believe that when I see some of the Anti-Gun Trolls finally get the boot. And now the Trolls will be screaming and e-mailing Dave to have this thread deleted as well.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Has everyone forgotten that the Clinton admin. reduced the number of FFL holders by thousands and thousands( if my memory is correct, they were trying for 120000). They did this by withdrawing the FFLs, refusing to renew them, or harassing the holders, until they gave up. The reason they gave was that these FFL holders didn't have a Bona Fide business because they weren't selling enough to be a business, but were rather a hobby. Also if the Obama admin wants to keep guns out of the hands of people that shouldn't have them, they should talk to their friends in New York and Chicago and have them re-implement "stop and frisk".
Mike

dal Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

The FACT is Kieth, that just because you keep saying things like this -

The problem is, King Brown, and dla (sic), and Ed Good promote and support 2nd Amendment restrictions on law abiding citizens. I don't.

Does not make it true. YOU do not believe in giving convicted criminals guns...and neither do I....and that is a form of gun control....but of course when I say it....I'm a pro obama anti gun left winger....when you say it....your a true and blue always right republican. Look in the mirror every once in a while.

You would be surprised how much we might agree upon, unfortunately your fanaticism blinds you much of the time.

D.

Life is too short to have a 'hate on' for so many things or people. Isn't it?
Sidelock
Sidelock

i for one, certainly do remember the clinton admin...it took me from 1998 to 2000 to get my ffl renewed...i received three extension letters over an 18 month period. finally, when i refused to give up, my ffl was renewed.

interesting how clinton reduced the number of ffl dealers to under 100,000, by the time he left office.

now ob wants to increase the number of ffl holders. go figure...

keep it simple and keep it safe...
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: ed good
....instead of discussing fantasy national gun registration, and that leading to confiscation, perhaps we should be debating....

If you like your health plan, you can keep your health plan? Go figure.

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.