Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

I saw a gun marked as such in a pawn shop today and it piqued my interest. I thought I would easily be able to look it up when I got home, but all I have found after reviewing pictures and posts were references to the Charles Daly branded guns and a few others names that Lindner manufactured guns were apparently sold under. Furthermore, none were similar to the one I saw.

It also had a Jones underlever and an escutcheon forearm mechanism. The hammers were the very straight upright iteration found on very early hammer guns as opposed to later ones that were curvier (please excuse terminology). Original quality looked very good with excellent wood to metal fit and clean engraving.

Anybody seen anything like that before? Really wishing I had taken a pic, checked the proofs and taken down the serial number down.

It was mechanically rough - the Jones under-lever just flopped open and the extractor piece would not orient properly to close. Still hate to see a gun like that sitting on the shelf collecting dust. Would love to know more about it if anyone has any information. Who knows, I might pick it up as a decorative piece next time I am out that way.

Thanks!

Sidelock
Sidelock

Dan...What was engraved on the rib?
Was it priced like a wall hanger?
perhaps a fixer up'er if cheap enough?
If you manually pushed the extractors in, would the Jones lever work then?...sounds like broken guide rod on extractor
Snap some picks next time.
cheers
Franc

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Can't remember what if anything was engraved on the rib. I suspect if it was an address I would have noticed.

It was priced as a wall hanger. And the barrels appeared to have a lot of meat in them and were not heavily pitted. Barrels were probably off face, but hard to tell given the other issues.

I couldn't really tell what was going on with the extractor - when the gun was open the extractor would sort of rotate out of place. The Jones underlever seemed to have nothing holding it in place. So something was either broken or missing internally.

The stock was fine, forend was a little mangled and the locks seemed to operate properly.

I will be back in that area in a few weeks and will get more info if it hasn't sold.

Sidelock
Sidelock

If it is actually marked "Lindner", it is one rare gun if not faked up.

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Sidelock
Sidelock

Buy it.

fiery, dependable, occasionally transcendent
Sidelock
Sidelock

As Dave in Maine says, buy it. I doubt you'll regret rescuing it.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I see the tag on the gun says Linder, not Lindner [as in Daly guns] . Where did the Linder name come from ?

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Tag is wrong - it actually says Lindner

Sidelock
Sidelock

USAF RET 1971-95 [Linked Image from jpgbox.com]
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.