Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Sidelock
Sidelock

David I love your "Wisdom" wish...sweet.
Thanks all for the good wishes for my wife ..
She is not terminally ill , though I guess we all are in the way of getting older.
But she;s not able to move around much at all, , n runs the house from her lazy girl chair like captain Kirk at the Bridge of the Enterprise on Star Trek..not sure who I'd be ...a Cling -on, perhaps.lol
Its just sad to see such a go getter fail due to physical problems,
she was always twice the man I am
Merry Christmas
Franc

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Franc Otte
For me, it would be for my dear Wife to get her health back, but its not gonna happen...i'd give all I have away for that
best to you all
franc

Any wish list consisting of material objects suddenly feels superficial and vain. Changing to: health and happyness for our loved ones, and peace inside and outside. Thank you for this reality check, and may your wish come true!

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Run With The Fox
I wish that Hillary Clinton, Dianne Feinstein and Sarah Brady would curl up and die-and soon.

Amen...

Sidelock
Sidelock

People are fascinating...

I'm pretty sure most everyone posting here understands what is truly important during this season and in life no matter what King believes. Of course I may be mistaken, but I think the op's intent was a lighthearted thread assuming world peace and health had been achieved, what would you like to see under the tree. I dunno. Guess I'm pretty blessed this year because my family has put alot of death and sickness behind us the past couple of years. So maybe I'm just a selfish prick, but I still want that Italia...and grandkids. May everyone have a healthy, happy, blessed holliday season!

Sidelock
Sidelock

Due to my beliefs, I don't celebrate Christmas.

That said, I would like good health to good people, and a Merkel 147e... But I'll probably be saving for that for at least another year. frown

-Leverhead
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: keith
Originally Posted By: JDW
trebling, did you report that pheasant to the Game Commission, they are on the endangered species list in PA.
I now live in the area that used to be a pheasant haven back in the 60 and 70's.

Now there's a Christmas wish... a Pennsylvania Game Commission that had some brains, and put the interests of the hunters who fund them first. Once they permitted the killing of the hens and began protecting many of the predators who feed on pheasants, the decline was quick and inevitable. The PGC blames it on everything else but their own mismanagement.

A friend killed one in PA a few weeks ago and the thing wouldn't fly even after doing every thing he could to get it to fly. I had one in front of my truck and got out to see if it would fly, nope, just ran off. I just waterfowl hunt now a days for good reason.

Sidelock
Sidelock

treblig:

I live in southeastern PA and the only pheasants wandering wild I'm aware of are escapees from preserves and they generally don't last long. Talking to a guide on a private club I had the opportunity to shoot at, I was told that the pheasants which escape generally don't last the winter and are always gone before summer. In spite of considerable effort on the part of the club, they haven't had even a hint of success in breeding a carryover population.

PA used to be great pheasant country when I was a teen (back in the late 60s and early 70s). What happened?

Rem

Sidelock
Sidelock

I grew up across the commodore barry in NJ, and there were bobwhites calling all the time right behind our house, and we got a pheasant or two as well.

Now? Nothing. The kicker: I'm only 29.

-Leverhead
Sidelock
Sidelock

Rem, I don't know. I gave up upland birds here in PA awhile ago. I was going to wrap camouflage tape around my Nitro, but looked at it and just couldn't do it. I guess its fine just the way it is for waterfowl. smile

Leverhead. did you get that Merkel? smile

Sidelock
Sidelock

Haha, not yet treblig. I have a lot of sellin, beggin, stealin, and cheatin to do before then. I'm parting with one of my Fiddleback Forge knives to help my gun savings account.

It's torturous to see that picture at the top of this page when I come to this site!

-Leverhead
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.