May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
3 members (Lloyd3, AGS, 1 invisible), 973 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,526
Posts545,839
Members14,420
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 18 of 27 1 2 16 17 18 19 20 26 27
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

The yellowcake episode that Keith references is not the same one I referred to. It is clearly established that there were forged documents purporting to show that Sadam bought the ore from Niger. Bush used these documents to show that Sadam had WMD even though he'd been advised they were not reliable. Ambassador Wilson, Valerie Plame's husband, published a paper documenting their falseness. As a consequence, her identity as a CIA agent was outed by an official from Dick Cheney's office. That official was indicted and convicted. Colin Powell himself said he regrets his UN speech.

Bill Ferguson
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: King Brown
Harper did not represent the values of the Conservative Party of Canada. The election was all about him. He was saying at the end "I know I'm not perfect." He was the aberration. You know that.

Good afternoon King. Hope you are enjoying a lovely fall afternoon as we are here in Port Hope.

"Harper did not represent the values of the Conservative Party of Canada" in just the same way that Chretien, Mulroney and Trudeau Sr did not represent the values of their parties at the end. No one does! That's why after 10 years everyone is past their best before date.

It's the nature of your "punk's game". That is why you call it that. It's corruptive to all regardless of party affiliation. And it's your suggestion that Harper is somehow unique that I am saying is hypocritical.....and incorrect.

But you knew that too! eek

The world cries out for such: he is needed & needed badly- the man who can carry a message to Garcia
Sidelock
Sidelock

Your observation of the game is same as mine except for the last sentence. As a proponent and expander of the term punk's game, the last thing on my mind was to suggest Harper was unique.

Good day here, too, and nice to know your weather is coming our way. Flying yesterday saw 200-plus blacks behind the saltwater beach not a kilometre from the house. No one's bothering them this early, too many pinfeathers.

When the corn's off the fields in a couple weeks or so, they'll be fat and firm and prime eating. Without Jake I've switched to my smaller aluminum skiff with Honda 2 four-stroke, light and easy to drag and launch anywhere.

I bought the light 12-foot Springbok at the Ex Sportsmen's Show in 1965 and a Princecraft same length almost twice the size after capsize five years ago. I'm only half there without Jake but can't live without feathers.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: rocky mtn bill
As a consequence, her identity as a CIA agent was outed by an official from Dick Cheney's office. That official was indicted and convicted.

Who was that "official" who was indicted and convicted for outing Plame?

Jim H.
Sidelock
Sidelock

We had a 12' Springbok from about 1964 on. Spent a lot of time in that boat!

The world cries out for such: he is needed & needed badly- the man who can carry a message to Garcia
Sidelock
Sidelock

Endorsing Obama over what was on offer is hardly weakness of judgement and character, Craig. The US did it twice. Administrators generally follow orders or resign. From all accounts General Powell was an honourable man. There's still doubt of how much he knew of the misinformation. Kennedy called Stevenson his official liar. Marine Lt-Col Ollie North confessed lying to Congress to cover-up Reagan's arms deal to Iran. Lying is integral to politics.

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

The man from Cheney's office who took the fall for outing Valerie Plame was Scooter Libby.

Bill Ferguson
SKB Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Scooter Libby was convicted of lying to investigators.

http://www.bertramandco.com/
Booking African hunts, firearms import services

Here for the meltdowns
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: King Brown
....There's still doubt of how much he knew of the misinformation....

Once your culture starts diversifying in a downward spiral, I'm afraid there is little hope. Be proud that NS now resembles downtown chicago, by some accounts, a city bursting with character. Oh well.

But, at least you haven't lost your sense of humor, humour for you. Are you trying to tell me that everyone in misfires, regardless of political leaning, knows the minutest details about the great lie, but powell didn't? Yuck, yuck, yuck! If I told you I woke this morning feeling like I was black, would you tell Bill I'm a dem operative, and I'm starting a ground game to get libs to vote for Cruz so that we get sanders in at 38%?

Sidelock
Sidelock

No, I'm not trying to tell everyone in Misfires that they knew more about Powell's misinformation to the UN than Powell himself. He was ordered to deliver it, later regretted it and there's nothing on the public record I'm aware of that revealed how much, if any, he knew to be false. Do you?

Page 18 of 27 1 2 16 17 18 19 20 26 27

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.