Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 13 of 27 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 26 27
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: SKB
....A moderate like Ryan can actually get the votes required to pass legislation, something the fringe will never accomplish. I would like to see a functioning GOP held house in the future....

Dems say, 'elections matter, I win you loose' and the 'only enemies I have are the R's'. Radical left wingers or mainstream roll up your sleeves and work for Americans dem pres and dem pres wanna be?

Why keep hammering the same old line that it's the radical right wing conspiracy killing this nation, liberties taken because it's the left thing to do. The Republican House has sent a bunch of legislation over to the Republican Senate. Keep in mind that's an over ride protective dem senate that's waging the dog to pave the way for the intolerant president.

Ryan has been reluctant because he craves the political resume builder, but knows exactly how effective he'll be and better yet, for the dems, how he'll be stigmatized. Ole John was the ultimate moderate, could flip on the waterworks at will, but it wasn't enough.

What's time going to tell us, that bhusein sits down, negotiates, and extends an honest handshake. I doubt you'll like it, but Congress will magically start to function again if anyone but a dem becomes pres. Then, like clockwork, the entire left wing of the country will enjoy the support of 'moderate' r's in bashing and demonizing the work getting done by the radicals.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: King Brown
....Trudeau kept hammering against negativity and division. Bring people together, don't drive wedges. Don't do politics with a billy club....

Political think tank time, fantasy strategizing by the Monday morning quaterbacks.

If big T was running in the US, say back three years ago, is he considered lib enough to overcome his whiteness and get away with uttering this, by the numbers truthful, thought about bo? Hmmm, two rock stars, does race trump, or Trump hold the cards?

SKB Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

The reason to keep bringing up the far right as the problem is what you pointed to yourself.....you have forty or so guys in the "Freedom Caucus" and they pretty much gut the effectiveness the GOP held house due to the infighting they cause. Sticking to your beliefs sounds great, up until you hobble your entire party and the nation as well just to prove a point.

No matter who wins the WH in the next election, I would happy to see Congress function as it should again. A decent Republican nominee would be a refreshing change but I'm not so sure the Donald is that guy. So who are you pulling for now Craig seeing that the good Governor Walker has pulled out? I concede Rand Paul does not have a chance, but just who may pull out to the front of the pack remains a mystery to me.

http://www.bertramandco.com/
Booking African hunts, firearms import services

Here for the meltdowns
Sidelock
Sidelock

Very busy today King. I'll get back to you tomorrow. This is fun!

The world cries out for such: he is needed & needed badly- the man who can carry a message to Garcia
Sidelock
Sidelock

SKB, all Americans venerate the Constitution. Its ambiguities and encroachments are voiced here from both sides all the time. Could your wish for "Congress to function as it should again" be problematic? Could the Founders have established a fundamentally flawed system of government?

The Atlantic's October edition features an article titled Our Fragile Constitution on the book The Royalist Revolution by Harvard political theorist Eric Nelson which asks if gridlock is not a result of abandoning the Constitution but the product of flaws inherent in its design.

The book raises the disturbing possibility that it is, and that America's best hope may be to have less faith in it. Nelson says neither Congress nor president has the capacity to govern alone, but either can refuse to compromise, and prevent the other from governing. The Constitution's capacity to withstand the poor behaviour of politicians seems to me a bigger problem than choice of any nominee.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I'm up to ears, too. Take your time. Only the little one makes demands for immediate replies!

All power comes from the exercise and control of exuberance! Don't remember who said it but think Oliver Wendell Holmes. Always look forward to yours.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: SKB
The reason to keep bringing up the far right as the problem is what you pointed to yourself.....you have forty or so guys in the "Freedom Caucus" and they pretty much gut the effectiveness the GOP held house due to the infighting they cause. Sticking to your beliefs sounds great, up until you hobble your entire party and the nation as well just to prove a point.

Where was this guy SKB when the Democrats were stone-walling George Bush at every turn? Well, in fairness, they did agree with Bush on the decision to go into Iraq long enough to change their minds and act as if they never supported the idea. Bush 46 fell victim to the same kind of Democrat back-stabbing as his father did when they convinced him to compromise on his "No New Taxes" pledge, and then accused him of breaking a campaign promise.

I wonder why they didn't hold Obama to the same standard when he violated his pledge to not raise taxes on anyone making less than $250,000 a year by proclaiming that ObamaCare was a tax? Let's not even mention a myriad of other tax increases that hit the middle class in the past 6.5 years, including refusing to extend the Bush tax cuts.

I'll tell you where this guy SKB was. Same place he is now... Pretending to be a Republican or Conservative, but bashing them... and only them... every chance he gets. Am I the only one who thinks it is spineless to pretend to be something you're not?

Be very careful not to point out his hypocrisy and dishonesty or he too will pretend to ignore you! What a clown.

And there's King Brown once again bashing our Constitution, and this time the whole thing... not just the 2nd Amendment. Isn't it just amazing that King spends so much time undermining the U.S. and the vision of the Framers while his own country fell under the evil clutches of a Conservative Dictator named Harper... and King did nothing to help his own country and never even mentioned the Canadian dictatorship until today?

You're up to your ears alright King. So full of shit your eyes are brown.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

SKB Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

I'll take you off ignore just briefly lil' k, then back on for reasons others have pointed out, you are an A$$hole.

Something you may consider...The D's and GWB were opposing parties, they normally work against each. The "freedom Caucus" is working against the GOP quite often and they are in the same party. Very confusing for a simpleton such as yourself I know.

I have never claimed to a Republican or a Conservative, I am a moderate independent. Something you surely can not understand.

Back on ignore lil' k.

http://www.bertramandco.com/
Booking African hunts, firearms import services

Here for the meltdowns
Sidelock
Sidelock

Amazing that you saw my post while I was on your active IGNORE list Stevie. If one didn't know better, they might think you were a liar.

The so-called Freedom Caucus is working against RINO's for the most part. For simpletons like you, that would include so-called Republicans who promised one thing to get elected, and did the exact opposite. We're talking about things like defunding ObamaCare, Planned Parenthood, and securing our southern border for example.

Call yourself a moderate independent or whatever you wish. Actions speak louder than words. You're not fooling anyone either.

Now explain to us how you saw what I said when you were ostensibly IGNORING my posts. On second thought, don't bother. You've already demonstrated just how credible you are Caitlyn. Did you happen to notice the other Libtard weenie who called me an A$$hole in this thread also got caught in a lie and ran away with his tail between his legs? You and rocky mtn transplant bill are two of a kind.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Hold on. You are all wrong.

Republicans need leadership that can work with Obama, or so says the Media narrative. Republicans havent been this strong singe Woodrow Wilson, yet they cant seem to get anything done, or so says the conservative base.

No shit

Obamas has been exterminating democrats and electing republicans for 7 years. Again and again he marches congressional and state level Dems into the electoral machine guns. What kind of President puts his party in such a predicament? When a Presidents party suffers a mid-term election ass-whopping, any other prez gets the message and moderates. Not his guy.

He created the freedom caucus.

I dont know how Boehner or Ryan or anybody is supposed to work with Obama. A guy that will throw his own party to the wolves isnt a good faith negotiator. Hes at least as stubborn that the freedom caucus people.

If we want congress to play nice we need ditch the ideological purity and go back to the old system of corruption, vote trading, and backroom deals. But, that requires a President who cares about his party. This guy only cares about himself, and thats why he cant work with congress: Hes a giant [censored], and hes left the Dems in shambles. Nothing will change while O's around.

Hes going to do it again before hes out. Any day now, hell come out and say something to the effect that America has too many guns and not enough Muslims. He will sign some pointless executive orders to punish law abiding sportsmen. The only thing this will accomplish is it will hurt his party even more. People at Slate, Salon, and the HuffPo will praise him for it.

Before Os done he will probably sabotage Hillary.

Last edited by RyanF; 10/22/15 04:58 PM.
Page 13 of 27 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 26 27

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.