Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 12 of 27 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 26 27
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: canvasback
King, King, King!

Come on man, you are becoming a punk in your own "punks game"! Calculated misdirection and outright hypocrisy designed to sway the uninformed. King, please apply the same standards across the board. Accept, as I have, that some you win and some you lose. I never mind partisanship. It's hypocrisy I don't like.

Sounds like a fair and simple question, and an accurate assessment of the little game King plays here. Usually, an honest answer will just roll off the tongue quickly and easily. Notice how King has replied to other threads since this was posted, but skated around this uncomfortable line of questioning. It takes a bit of time to craft a lie or bullshit answer or to hope someone will change the subject.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Sidelock
Sidelock

....King!

Harper was elected in 2011 to a majority by 39.5% of the voters.

Trudeau was elected in 2015 to a majority by 39.5% of the voters....

I'd be pretty sure this was easy enough to look up, but boy oh boy what a mandate, eh. And to think that a teeny little 48% comment could sink an entire campaign.

If we delve into these numbers, they look suspiciously contrived. The casual Canadian might figure two out'a three folks are anti lib, but the numbers don't quite add up. It looks to me like your election officials are not giving full weight to minority, lbg-mouse and the female vote.

I think cback was on to something, when you say Canada 'won', there's more to it than meets the eye, hmmm.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Still no reply from King to canvasback's questions. Figures lie and liars figure And when liars like King get caught, they figure they'd better just slip out the back door and hope no one notices.

Guess what King? Everyone notices. You're not fooling anyone anymore.

King, King, King!

Come on man, you are becoming a punk in your own "punks game"! Calculated misdirection and outright hypocrisy designed to sway the uninformed. King, please apply the same standards across the board. Accept, as I have, that some you win and some you lose. I never mind partisanship. It's hypocrisy I don't like.

Sounds like a fair and simple question, and an accurate assessment of the little game King plays here. Usually, an honest answer will just roll off the tongue quickly and easily without even thinking about it. Notice how King has replied to other threads since this was posted, but skated around this uncomfortable line of questioning and commentary. It takes a bit of time to craft a lie or a bullshit answer... or to simply run away from it like a coward instead of facing it like a man.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Let's see if my post was "designed to sway the uninformed." Your question: "Please explain to me how this gives Trudeau any more legitimacy than the left accorded Harper." First, to declare a personal interest, I didn't vote for Trudeau; never voted Liberal. I vote NDP and Conservative, this time NDP which came third.

Numbers rarely tell the whole story. Harper was a conservative aberration. He ruled, as distinguished conservative author and celebrity Conrad Black wrote, like a "sadistic Victorian schoolmaster." His government was "rotten," editorialized the conservative owners of the Globe and Mail, Canada's flagship newspaper. Sadistic and rotten isn't the traditional Conservative Party of Canada.

Two thirds of the country may be progressive while at least two thirds of the media is conservative-owned; most endorsed Harper's re-election. (Something for Americans to consider when they blame similar " mainstream media" for their election outcomes. )

Canada voted against Harper's culture-shift away from its moderate values. Canada ended Harper's right-wing experiment in political re-engineering. Atlantic Canada's four provinces didn't give him a seat; the Liberal tide rose for first time in decades across the entire country from Atlantic to Pacific to Arctic seas.

Trudeau's astonishing victory and legitimacy is more than win-some, lose-some. The population generally restored their idea of Canada as a big tent of moderate governance. Harper's skilful cultivation of the ethnic vote collapsed as "old stock" and newcomers recognized his negativity and mean-spiritednness.

I doubt Trudeau is beyond the pale of 60 per cent of voters, as you claim. "No one, even diehard Conservatives, doubted that Stephen Harper deserved to lose," wrote the Globe's conservative columnist Margaret Wente yesterday. My Conservative friends, all progressives whom Harper swiftly marginalized from the party, are smiling and celebrating with the rest of us. Canada won a big one.

You and I haven't experienced such magnanimity in our lifetimes. I haven't heard anyone blaming or vilifying the CPC. Harper said Canada would be unrecognizable when he was finished with it. Canada said no after nine years. Trudeau's win had greater legitimacy than Harper's coming to power on a promise of greater accountability. It conformed to our national character of moderation.

Where's my hypocrisy, James?

Last edited by King Brown; 10/22/15 11:40 AM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: King Brown
Let's see if my post was "designed to sway the uninformed."....
....Numbers rarely tell the whole story....

....conservative aberration...."sadistic Victorian schoolmaster." His government was "rotten,"....Sadistic and rotten....the media is conservative-owned....culture-shift....right-wing experiment....Liberal tide rose....Trudeau's astonishing victory and legitimacy....his negativity and mean-spiritednness....I doubt Trudeau is beyond the pale....Stephen Harper deserved to lose....Harper swiftly marginalized....experienced such magnanimity....I haven't heard anyone blaming or vilifying....Trudeau's win had greater legitimacy than Harper's....It conformed to our national character....

....Where's my hypocrisy....

Are you sure the numbers don't matter? You heaped a bunch of 'punks game' on your side of the balance beam. In the end, Canada retains the legitimacy of her culture of pain and violence, snatching food out of the mouths of natives, and raising taxes on the vast right wing created poverty class.

In the end, it's still only 39.6%, and you're playing to feelings. Lobbying the ole uninformed again, eh? I feel better, does anyone else.

Sidelock
Sidelock

James explained his observation of your hypocrisy King. It was clearly evident to all of us, and especially those who observed how long it took you to craft weasel words to excuse it. I notice that you carefully omitted any mention of your "calculated misdirection" which James also pointed out. But it's not at all surprising to see that you are as much in denial of your frequent hypocrisy as you are in denial of your anti-2nd Amendment sentiments. Do you really think anyone here believes that you vote Conservative? You frequently claim you never voted Liberal, but adamantly refuse to say if you've voted liberal. More of the weasel words, eh?

I'd say craig just pointed it out to you above. Again. But the whole world is wrong and you are right.

Remember the good ol' days when you had some credibility and legitimacy here King? Are you still having fun?

What a fraud.

SKB Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Numbers do matter. I just noticed that about two thirds of "the Freedom Caucus" has seen the light and will back Ryan for the speaker of the house. Now if those forty or so nut jobs can stop themselves from shutting down the government and otherwise damaging the GOP over the radical ideology they hold, something may actually get done in the future. A moderate like Ryan can actually get the votes required to pass legislation, something the fringe will never accomplish. I would like to see a functioning GOP held house in the future. Time will tell.

http://www.bertramandco.com/
Booking African hunts, firearms import services

Here for the meltdowns
Sidelock
Sidelock

Numbers do matter, Craig, but James questioned if Trudeau's victory has greater "legitimacy" than Harper's of nine years ago--that is, how well did it conform to a national standard in this case. Canada removed a dictator.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Let's see... when Obama dictates with a pen and a phone, and sidesteps Congress with Executive Orders, King Brown tells us that a majority elected Obama to do their bidding, so he is excused for doing it.

But the electorate that elected Harper isn't given credit (or blame) for Harper's actions as leader of Canada. In King's eyes, the Conservative Harper was a dictator and this election was almost a coup d'etat.

Are you still wondering where your hypocrisy is King? It couldn't be more evident if it was in giant neon lights on Times Square.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Heraclitus said "Character is fate." Trudeau kept hammering against negativity and division. Bring people together, don't drive wedges. Don't do politics with a billy club.

He has promised democratic reform so a party can't run the country with a low percentage of the vote as it does now, making the House of Commons representative of citizens.

I'll believe it when I see it although his father Pierre as prime minister was the principal proponent of our Charter of Rights and Freedoms.

Page 12 of 27 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 26 27

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.