May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
3 members (docbill, SKB, 1 invisible), 496 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,526
Posts545,830
Members14,420
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 11 of 27 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 26 27
Sidelock
Sidelock

There isn't the polarization here, Geo. My conservative friend James on another thread posted an accurate analysis of how Canadians are different from Americans when it comes to politics. I accept with equanimity the results of every election---win or lose---because I know the country wouldn't let anything bad happen to it. Liberals here always campaign on the left and government on the right anyway. Each party this election was fairly centrist, in some ways hard to tell apart.

What would pass for absurd in Canada is the notion that a vote for liberals means an anti-gun sentiment, as if a reverence or need for guns comes first in a country's priorities. Or anti-gun to mention US acceptance of mass murder, mass school executions, 438 children being hit by a bullet every month between 2004 and 2014, 13 children between one and three killed themselves with guns so far this year as the violence that defines the US trickles down to babies in diapers.

Ugly or truth or both? The unprecedented Canadian turn-out by conservatives and liberals in Canada had nothing to do with guns. They weren't an issue. Canadians wanted a change. As for your 2016, the Republican candidate promising the most change is Trump. Your populace is sick of its governance. If he's nominated, your voters may have to choose between a devil they don't really know and the deep blue sea. Seems a crapshoot to me.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: King Brown
....Each party this election was fairly centrist, in some ways hard to tell apart.

What would pass for absurd in Canada is the notion that a vote for liberals means an anti-gun sentiment, as if a reverence or need for guns comes first in a country's priorities....

....Trump. Your populace is sick of its governance. If he's nominated, your voters may have to choose between a devil they don't really know and the deep blue sea. Seems a crapshoot to me.

King, I am disappointed. In the US, it is very difficult to distinguish the R's from the d's. Should Mr. Trump be on the general election ballot, think of him as an ethnically or gender challenged barack or hilery. Not some monster created by polarizing minds.

In case you haven't noticed, the US is a melting pot of higher priorities. Did you know that food stamps could not be used in strip clubs and pot shops during dark, in a white sort of way, days of the Bush administration? There has also been a defining of what race you have to be for your life to matter.

We are pushing to pay for all state college tuition for our young'uns, because particularly for our daughters, we are sending them of to be raped. Did you know, we are cutting the danger of high volume soda, greater than 16 ozs., by substituting for the benefits of unlimited pot smoking.

No, you keep your antigunning distractions to yourself, and leave the important stuff to the us, yes now lower case.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Trump, monster? Flavour of the GOP, darling of the airwaves, seems to me.

The important stuff is being left to the us, weakened by its own hands, overextended militarily, public saying no more overseas adventures.

Trump's only one offering change.

Sidelock
Sidelock

No polarization King? My experience with a number of close friends in rural Sask. over a number of years begs to differ. I'll stick with my premise that Canadians are not much different from people here.

Try your newly elected liberal government for a while and then report on the feelings of your Countrymen. Gun control is our peculiar axe to grind because our constitution bears upon it. Yours doesn't and you seem from your comments here not to see it as so much of of an important issue. It is different here.

Trump is a "crapshoot" all right but I am convinced that Bush will be the Republican candidate and I'm pulling for Dr. Carson as his running mate. Interesting year a'coming! You guys have made your bed, pray or whatever for us to make the right decision...Geo

Sidelock
Sidelock

I want to see Cruz get the nomination, if only to witness him mop the floor with Hillary's filthy blond nest of hair in the debate....

Best,
Ted

Sidelock
Sidelock

"I'll stick with my premise that Canadians are not much different from people here"

Canadians can easily 'pass for American' as long as we don't accidentally use metric measurements or apologize when hit by a car. Douglas Coupland

Sidelock
Sidelock

Your gunning buddies in Saskatchewan are probably the same as mine here: left or right, friendship before politics---always.

If I'm wrong, you may have been in that radical prairie rump territory that produced Harper, who proposed cutting the West from the rest of Canada!

I believe US will make the right decision.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I know Canada made the wrong decision. Just kidding, you always get it left. Tough buffalo chips for the prairie park trash, eh.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Craig, the West is hardly prairie trash. It's where the NDP party I often support started medicare in Saskatchewan, its leader Tommy Douglas polled nationally as Canadian of the 20th Century.

The current premier of Alberta, a woman, is also leader of the provincial NDP party and Manitoba is often governed by the NDP. That's the prairies. Harper is a conservative aberration, beyond the pale for 70 per cent of Canadians.

Conservatives put their country before their party. One of my gunning buddies, an admired professional in our community, put a sign on his lawn: "I am a conservative but Harper has to go." He's admired for that, too.

Canadians differ greatly from Americans.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: King Brown

The current premier of Alberta, a woman, is also leader of the provincial NDP party and Manitoba is often governed by the NDP. That's the prairies. Harper is a conservative aberration, beyond the pale for 70 per cent of Canadians.

King, King, King!

Harper was elected in 2011 to a majority by 39.5% of the voters.

Trudeau was elected in 2015 to a majority by 39.5% of the voters.

Please explain to me how this gives Trudeau any more legitimacy than the left accorded Harper. At the time of their election they were both opposed by 60% of the electorate. Trudeau is beyond the pale TODAY for 60% of voters. Does that mean he is a Westmount aberration?

Come on man, you are becoming a punk in your own "punks game"! Calculated misdirection and outright hypocrisy designed to sway the uninformed. King, please apply the same standards across the board. Accept, as I have, that some you win and some you lose. I never mind partisanship. It's hypocrisy I don't like.

The world cries out for such: he is needed & needed badly- the man who can carry a message to Garcia
Page 11 of 27 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 26 27

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.