May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
6 members (R. Glenz, 12boreman, obsessed-with-doubles, ksauers1, 2 invisible), 472 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,523
Posts545,802
Members14,420
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 27 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 26 27
Sidelock
Sidelock

I know why Americans won't give up their guns, and generally shouldn't do so. I also believe there are limits to "individual freedom."

On climate change, compared to the issues yapped in debates, climate change will become the biggest factor in how the world lives.

Average smart seems to make more harmonious and productive outcomes. I wouldn't ignore deep thinkers for fear of not having the full picture.

Involved in thousands of mom-and-pop private forestry operations, I've found their collective wisdom always prevails successfully providing they have as much information possible.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: rocky mtn bill
....Bush is still roundly denigrated. He is almost singly responsible for the worst foreign policy decision since Vietnam....

....I have raised this issue here before and no one has ever responded except to say that there were too weapons of mass destruction, a claim that only a brain- dead moron could still maintain. My hope is that the US and Canada will find the way to electing better leaders....

I'm glad you typed 'almost' singly responsible. Tiny, but a disclaimer to the hundred percent true international coalition and countless congressional dems that voted in favor of action. When exactly has bo lead and gone to congress for anything. Easy, when reid and pelosi still had rubber stamps.

Your wmd mantra is on the same level as slinging around incompetence and moron labels. Take a look at a map, the US really needs military bases in iraq to monitor our 'friends-n-partners' in the area. Same as GITMO for keeping an eye on the cubanos, oh and for free there's also room down there to lock up the worst of the worst. Our great leader at this moment is rethinking his retreat at all cost mantra for afganstan. Really ballsie eh.

Worst than me being a brain dead moron, you sling around hope-n-change buffalo chips, but won't give any indication of who that 'leader' is and what they're going to do. All will be just perfect if we could be strict kyoto pacifists.

Sidelock
Sidelock

No, Craig, I'm not saying I'm voting for hope and change. I'm voting strategically against my party to prevent vote splitting allowing the Conservative Party to continue running the country. The Liberal Party isn't my first choice. My country comes before party.

Sidelock
Sidelock

James, the rap against Bush where I come from isn't hate, more as stupid for Iraq bill for dead and treasure, entirely different things.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: King Brown
....I'm voting strategically against my party to prevent vote splitting allowing the Conservative Party to continue running the country. The Liberal Party isn't my first choice. My country comes before party.

This, I don't understand. What makes you think the conservatives are so bad? Did they cut welfare, harm women, slash health care? Or, is their only crime that they don't trigger the hope-n-change leg tingle any more.

I recall you saying that you wanted to skew a poll that imposed a happy face on Canada. Then, you were going to flank 'em and say, see you're so happy you don't want more gun control. I also recall you saying, Canada was one of the few countries of this world practically untouched by the financial meltdown. You also said many times that your leadership has kept you out of expensive, unnecessary war. Another bad thing?

So your leadership prioritizes and steers Canada through the toughest of financial times, and as a show of gratitude, you demonize and hatefully attack them. With friends like 'you', who needs enemas.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: rocky mtn bill
Canvasback, Of course Bush is still roundly denigrated. He is almost singly responsible for the worst foreign policy decision since Vietnam. His adventure in Iraq cost the lives of 5000 US soldiers, the maiming of tens of thousands, and the deaths of hundreds of thousands of innocent civilians. Obama's worst decisions are as nothing compared to this monstrous debacle. I have raised this issue here before and no one has ever responded except to say that there were too weapons of mass destruction, a claim that only a brain- dead moron could still maintain. My hope is that the US and Canada will find the way to electing better leaders. Given our political climates, the candidates we need tend not to step up. Who can blame them?

Bill, when he made that decision he was supported by almost all the members of congress, both houses, and with an approval rating by Americans at large in the 80% range. If he's so dumb, why doesn't everyone else who was on board own up to it?

And so what if there weren't WMD's to be found. The Iraqi's had been trying to get them for years and Saddam claimed he had them. Who bluffs about shit like that?

The world cries out for such: he is needed & needed badly- the man who can carry a message to Garcia
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: King Brown
James, the rap against Bush where I come from isn't hate, more as stupid for Iraq bill for dead and treasure, entirely different things.

You gotta get out and talk to more young people. Young, university educated and living in large cities. Their shit doesn't stink and they have been trained by their professors to hate Bush and to equate Bush and Harper as the same....NRA loving Republicans.

And so, with a poor grasp of the facts, they are sure of what they think.

Last edited by canvasback; 10/14/15 02:21 PM. Reason: spelling

The world cries out for such: he is needed & needed badly- the man who can carry a message to Garcia
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: craigd
What makes you think the conservatives are so bad? Did they cut welfare, harm women, slash health care? Or, is their only crime that they don't trigger the hope-n-change leg tingle any more......I also recall you saying, Canada was one of the few countries of this world practically untouched by the financial meltdown. You also said many times that your leadership has kept you out of expensive, unnecessary war. Another bad thing?

So your leadership prioritizes and steers Canada through the toughest of financial times, and as a show of gratitude, you demonize and hatefully attack them. With friends like 'you', who needs enemas.

Bizarre, isn't it?

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Canvasback, yes he had the support, but he got it by fudging the intelligence. I sat a pox on every congressional member who supported him, including Hillary. She has long since admitted she was dead wrong there. Conspicuously absent from the list of supporters there is BO. He got that one right.

Bill Ferguson
Sidelock
Sidelock

Bill, wasn't Bo still community activating about that time?

Page 5 of 27 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 26 27

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.