May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
2 members (ksauers1, 1 invisible), 330 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,523
Posts545,810
Members14,420
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 27 1 2 3 4 5 26 27
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

I don't know much about Canadian politics, but I strongly agree that ways must be found to bridge party feuding. Compromise is the essence of governing a democracy. Nobody gets everything his way all the time. The Incompetence Caucus wants it all their way. There are only 40 of them. If it weren't for gerrymandering, they wouldn't be elected in the first place. AAAARG. PS: No American President has been subjected to more hate speech than our present one.

Bill Ferguson
Sidelock
Sidelock

Except maybe the last one, Bill. I actually remember seeing bumper stickers around the Mpls area that said "F&CK Bush".
A lot of them. The press never missed an opportunity to bash Bush, when in office, and still do.

Our present president has had a hand in setting race relations back 100+ years, a disasterous economic record to put Carter, the last president of his ilk, to shame, and has made an even bigger mess in the middle east, which, most people on the street may not have thought possible 8 years ago. Former allies are now cool to us, former enemies have assumed leadership on the world stage.

He deserves most of it.

Best,
Ted

Sidelock
Sidelock

Some parties are better than others managing wide interests within their big tents. In-fighting is often more vicious than between parties. American animosities are celebrated and denigrated on the world stage because a superpower's fractious housekeeping is diminishing its ability and leadership. Canada's federal election next week may produce a conservative minority or loss because the Conservative Party couldn't balance hard right and progressives.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Ted, collapse of the victorious Arab Spring of "flowering democracy" into dozens of religious wars isn't America's fault nor is the bigger mess in the middle east except for the Iraq blunder.

Consider how many of America's allies are willing or able to fight in Syria, and American public opinion is to bring the troops home.

From what I read, allies don't see greater US involvement in Syria as an improvement at this time. Let them beat their heads out.

US is taking the long view, Russia the short to paste over its domestic problems. The US will come out looking pretty good, in my view.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: King Brown
....Consider how many of America's allies are willing or able to fight in Syria....

....US is taking the long view, Russia the short to paste over its domestic problems. The US will come out looking pretty good, in my view.

Yes, the US' decisions are the US' fault. russians are specifically target US forces in syria. Is that how you define com'in up smell'in like a rose. Or, is that what you meant when they scrambled yesterday to announce all's well with the iranian 'deal', even though they tested ballistic missile delivery systems on the weekend.

What a 'partnership' eh.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Some parties are better than others managing wide interests within their big tents. In-fighting is often more vicious than between parties. American animosities are celebrated and denigrated on the world stage because a superpower's fractious housekeeping is diminishing its ability and leadership....

What were you able to pick up on last evenings 'debate'. All the 'clear' winner was able able to signal to international observers was, she's the gal to push domestic entitlements to new highs, because she's a gal. She's not even elected yet and signalling a 'diminished ability and leadership'. I wonder who's continuing the short term vision, election time eh, cackle about the emails.

The only time the dems 'argued' a bit last night was when they disagreed about how much gun control would be just right. And a vote for the left doesn't bring along automatic ideological baggage? Clearly, if you vote left, you're for gun control, but in the interest of civility it'll be 'reasonable'.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Rocky Mtn Bull's-eye parroting of the DNC line on denigrating the Tea Party is quite typical of the typical Libtard who actually doesn't know a damned thing about the Tea Party. Any criticism of the almost unparalleled incompetence from Obama is automatically seen as racism and totally ignores the daily Bush-bashing which goes on to this day. People like Bill are all for compromise, yet conveniently forget the stonewalling done by Democrats. But they never lie. Just ask them.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Sidelock
Sidelock

No more peculiar than the West's partnerships with dictators and butchers, Craig. It's the way of the world, like the US declaring it has the right to invade arbitrarily invade any country at any time it considers it against its national interests.

As for specific targets, US is investigating how MSF hospital became a specific target for a US gunship. In the chaotic involvement of dozens of countries in Syria, it's a wonder it's not worse. Canada with Kurds is targeted by NATO ally Turkey.

Look at whose side Iran is on with ISIS.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Clear winner? Hardly.

Read my lips and hope and change: What they say politicking and do governing are two different things, not least because of the US system.

Voting left doesn't mean for gun control any more than my voting Liberal next week for the first time of my life means I support the Liberal Party.

It's the only option I have if my loyalty to Canada is more important than my loyalty to the party I favour.

My guess is Americans will think similarly if it's Trump.

(Gun control wasn't high in priorities last time I looked at national polls.)

Sidelock
Sidelock

....As for specific targets, US is investigating....

....Look at whose side Iran is on with ISIS.

I wasn't thinking about oopsies. I concede, the US should've gone to that 'hospital' and mirandized the whole crew, but this'll be forgotten in a microsecond compared to the fifteen minutes of inconvenience due to the 'emails'.

I was thinking of the biggest international, well except for kyoto, agreement of all time. A couple weeks ago russia tells the US to take a hike. The US says no thanks, so the russias start by attacking US 'partners'. Jean kery scrambles, so trembling in their boots, russia attack US forces. Weird eh.

Do you really suppose iran flexed its high tech long range delivery system muscle to intimidate two or three izzles cruising around in a toyota pickup with some ak's and grenade launchers? No, something says they're sending a message, and it ain't deterrence. Maybe womens rights, legal marijuana, minimum wage? Yup, they're keeping their eye on the ball.

Page 3 of 27 1 2 3 4 5 26 27

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.