May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
5 members (eightbore, Cold1, Southern Sport, 12boreman, 1 invisible), 359 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,523
Posts545,798
Members14,420
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 27 1 2 3 4 26 27
Sidelock
Sidelock

Last time you were here in Misfires Bill was approximately 11 months ago. You posted some totally inaccurate information and got called out on it. You did what Libtards so often do and pretended to ignore it. I kept rubbing your nose in your lies and you ran away. Do you recall getting confronted about it by another participant here at the Las Vegas Antique Arms Show? You told him you were done with Misfires. So tell me Mr. Bill... who wouldn't understand a kick in the nuts? If I have time after work tonite, I'll dig up the disingenuous shit you ran away from like a coward last year. Not everyone here is stupid and has a short memory like you.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Keith, I'm sure I've posted things here that were not entirely accurate. I'm only human. I'm sometimes mistaken. I do not lie, however, and I am capable of being corrected; I'm willing to learn. I work hard to make some sense of the world and my experience of it. My opinions are tentative and subject to change as the evidence appears and new arguments develop. I think my only serious quarrel with Misfires is members' refusal to consider any viewpoint but their own. My meeting with Doug was cordial. He struck me as someone I'd enjoy more talk with. But you're right. I should ignore Misfires. It raises my blood pressure. I'll try to ignore you completely.

Bill Ferguson
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: rocky mtn bill
....My opinions are tentative and subject to change as the evidence appears and new arguments develop. I think my only serious quarrel with Misfires is members' refusal to consider any viewpoint but their own....

How come every time we look at the evidence and consider different viewpoints, I always end up being incompetent.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I'm just sayin'.....thank God there is finally a new thread where the title isn't all caps, if you catch my drift.

The world cries out for such: he is needed & needed badly- the man who can carry a message to Garcia
Sidelock
Sidelock

Okay, now I've read Brook's column. Seems very much like one could substitute the word "Democrat" for the word "Republican" in that column and it would be just as accurate and make just as much sense.

Bill, it's interesting to me that you say "I think my only serious quarrel with Misfires is members' refusal to consider any viewpoint but their own".

My serious quarrel with the left is an utter refusal by the left to consider any viewpoint but their own. And worse than conservatives, the left is determined to make us all accept their viewpoint. The right just wants to be left to do their own thing. We wish the left would quit telling us how to be and quit taking our money to spend on things we viscerally disagree with.

I make both points because Brook's column is a great example of what I run into daily with the left....the pot calling the kettle black. Somehow, you guys are better, right?

Reminds me of my ex wife. Wish I could be rid of the left as easily.

The world cries out for such: he is needed & needed badly- the man who can carry a message to Garcia
Sidelock
Sidelock

I almost feel bad for Brooks. He’s part the problem and probably doesn’t realize it. He is the quintessential center-left self-identified “intellectual”. These are the people who associate intelligence and deep-thinking with positive outcomes. If only it were so...

Intelligent people don’t always make the right choices, they make the novel choices. He got tingles because Obama was the novel choice, never expecting it to work out the way it has. Now he's looking at an America that is angrier and more deeply divided than ever. We are no longer united in purpose or national identity. We don’t even agree on what it means to be an American. Now Brooks is saying, “Oh crap.”

Too late, Mr. Intellectual. You helped break it. This is what happens when the media and academia aligns itself with one political party. Now they’ve unleased a diverse coalition or bad conservatives, tea partiers, libertarians, neo-reactionaries of various bents, protectionists, nativists, etc.

The intellectual classs should be freaking out.

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Ryan, are you saying you prefer stupidity and shallow thinking? I doubt you mean that, but it sounds as if you might. And Canvasback, your response the Brooks' essay would be easy to go along with if Brooks weren't himself a Republican. He's saying this about his own party. Craig, I don't think you're incompetent, but you do get carried away and lapse into a verbal tangle. And, yes, the Dems bear a good share of blame. I don't think they created the Tea Party, however.

Bill Ferguson
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: rocky mtn bill
....are you saying you prefer stupidity and shallow thinking?....

....you do get carried away and lapse into a verbal tangle....

What's your take Bill, is Brooks a thoughtful, deep thinker? Seems to me like he takes comfort knowing he'll have the support of the pc left wing mob mentality. Not going out on much of a limb, bashing on the Tea party, eh.

I see value in some verbal goofing around. If I showed up with a list of facts and figures, I doubt you'd care one bit. You like what you like. At least word play might make someone see that there are inconsistencies in a position. Maybe not.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Bill, doesn't really matter what Brooks calls himself. What I said is true. And were it a one off, just this time in just that column, than maybe I might be prepared to discount it. But in both our countries I see the left blaming the right for behaviors that are part of the left's core playbook.

I'm not talking about specific policies. I'm talking about behavior and I'm pointing out the hypocrisy.

We are having a federal election within a week in Canada. I have never seen anything like it in the last several months up here....the most vile criticisms of our current prime minister and the supporters of his party, regularly called fascists constantly by people who complain about the right "going negative". I'm not talking about some internet yahoos, I'm talking about the mainstream of people.

It would be funny if it weren't so sad.

Last edited by canvasback; 10/13/15 09:58 PM.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: canvasback
....people who complain about the right "going negative". I'm not talking about some internet yahoos, I'm talking about the mainstream of people.

It would be funny if it weren't so sad.

Probably the same 'environmentalists' who called a sitting US President, a moron.

Page 2 of 27 1 2 3 4 26 27

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.