April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
3 members (SKB, coosa, Karl Graebner), 217 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,463
Posts545,052
Members14,409
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 18 of 25 1 2 16 17 18 19 20 24 25
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: canvasback
....At some point the fundamental reason that America is great gets lost when you close your borders....

Speaking of facts, or swallowing odds and ends hook, line-n-sinker. Jim wrote secure, not close. The US has always been and continues to be a nation that welcomes immigrants, legal ones.

Hey King, was this the combination distracting, slash, feel good line that clinched it for you?

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: JCHannum
The whole story;

http://www.politifact.com/wisconsin/arti...ut-canada-wall/

BTW King you did use candidates, plural, what other candidates can you take out of context and represent as advocating razor wire along the border?

Why won't King address this lie he told us? King not only used the plural, "candidates" he compounded the lie by saying GOP candidates wanted a razor wire fence along our longest border.

That's a far stretch from what Walker apparently actually said. Very far. But King cannot win in the arena of ideas and discussion without lies, dishonesty, exaggeration, obfuscation... all topped with some resume inflation to bolster his credibility. King will make shit up about any Republican candidate, yet never say a word about the very real and extreme anti-gun positions of his favored Liberal Left Democrats.

Remember the good old days when you actually had some credibility here King? Now you've got Ed Good and Jagermeister fooled, and nobody else. What a fraud.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I'm usually with you Keith, on this sort of thing, but I don't think you're on the mark here. Todd and Walker, despite it being a media trap, were talking about replicating what is being proposed and advocated on your southern border.

It's true, in that specific conversation, Walker did not say "razor wire". But razor wire has been talked about for the southern wall, and they were talking about replicating what is being proposed for your southern border, on the northern border.

The world cries out for such: he is needed & needed badly- the man who can carry a message to Garcia
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: craigd
....At some point the fundamental reason that America is great gets lost when you close your borders....

Speaking of facts, or swallowing odds and ends hook, line-n-sinker. Jim wrote secure, not close. The US has always been and continues to be a nation that welcomes immigrants, legal ones.

Hey King, was this the combination distracting, slash, feel good line that clinched it for you?

Craig, do you have any idea what the kinds of controls proposed for your southern border would do to the economy of the northern states if imposed up here? You think you can secure it?? Ask any airline pilot how secure current protocols are when they cost us billion and billions in passenger time wasted yet access to the airport grounds and baggage being loaded is relatively easy. Its ridiculous.

The world cries out for such: he is needed & needed badly- the man who can carry a message to Garcia
Sidelock
Sidelock

I have not bought any line. I have merely pointed out that Walker did not advocate a fence, wall or razor wire. He did say that the situation as applies to national security in total bears looking at.

Jim H.
Sidelock
Sidelock

....Craig, do you have any idea what the kinds of controls proposed for your southern border would do to the economy of the northern states if imposed up here?

You think you can secure it??

Ask any airline pilot how secure current protocols are when they cost us billion and billions in passenger time wasted yet access to the airport grounds and baggage being loaded is relatively easy. Its ridiculous.

This is not really related to my comment, but I'm game.

Cback, the northern border is, repeat is secure. I say that because it is general crossed by law abiding citizens of both nations. Again, you say closed, I didn't. I believe the current protocol is ID checks and like magic backgrounds shows up on the border guards comps. That's the way it is, because it's assumed the laws are followed. What happens if illegal mexicans start to understand that historic mex extended up into colorado. Will they stop there for the pot shops or keep going up to Canada because the weather really isn't all that bad. Then it may not be an academic question.

Are you saying that the economy of northern US states is supported by illegal Canadian consumers. Hey, maybe because you're not supposed to admit what you're taking back up. But, these consumers still stop at the border and are subject to orifice probing.

Do I think I can secure it? If you're implying that some 'immigration' is illegal sure it's possible. If I have to face the consequences of a speeding ticket, why wouldn't illegal felony border crossing be subject to consequences. If a pres can sink a nation from 9 trillion in debt to 18, and climbing, trillion in debt, plus spend record tax revenue....border security would be child's play.

Honestly, I believe the left on both side of the border would, cocktail party, accept tougher border crossings up north, for white folks. It would easily be excused as a feel good price to pay for some injustice they could come up with.

Maybe the hoops to jump through at the airport are a waste, but there's an important distinction. There are laws and regulations in place that are being followed or enforced. The problem comes with intentional nonenforcement.

Everyday, private contractors and vendors are waived on to secure military bases without a second thought. Highly sensitive foreign relations business is discussed by many on private, civilian email accounts and servers. Just because we can come up with examples does not mean that there are no solutions, or that the will to come up with solutions can't change.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Wow Craig, some big leaps there. Nothing I said indicated I'm suggesting the border is now closed.

Illegal Mexican are already flooding your northern states.....what do the historical boundaries of Mexico have to do with anything I have raised so far???

Check out the legal economies of the northern states and the amount of trade between our two countries. Nothing I referred to was suggesting illegal trade as the basis for economic activity.

I can't speak for what you guys do with Mexicans but there already exist consequences for Canadians who go south and don't play by the rules. Or maybe that's only for people like me who actually show up at US Customs and Immigration and expect to play by the rules.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I'm usually with you Keith, on this sort of thing, but I don't think you're on the mark here. Todd and Walker, despite it being a media trap, were talking about replicating what is being proposed and advocated on your southern border.

It's true, in that specific conversation, Walker did not say "razor wire". But razor wire has been talked about for the southern wall, and they were talking about replicating what is being proposed for your southern border, on the northern border.

Here is what was actually said:

“Why are we always talking about the southern border, and building a fence there — we don’t talk about the northern border,” Todd said. “Do we want to build a wall north of the border?”

Walker said that law enforcement in New Hampshire have raised “legitimate concerns” about that issue to him.

“That is a legitimate issue for us to look at,” he said. Overall, Walker said, national security “starts with securing the homeland.”

A "legitimate issue" is not a wall, fence, razor wire, or otherwise. It is an issue that Walker said may need looked at and one which he claims that some in law enforcement have raised with him.

I have to admit that I was fooled by the Liberal Media which put words in Walker's mouth which he never said in order to denigrate him. They flat out lied, and like millions of other people, I assumed he actually said it when he didn't. Nowhere in the transcript of the interview between Walker and Todd which you provided did Walker ever say he wished to erect a wall on the U.S./Canadian border.

It's kind of like the way King Brown operates. One should never accept any statistic or statement from King Brown at face value. More often than not, it will be either a lie or it will omit important factual information that changes the meaning entirely. King still has not addressed the lie he told about "GOP candidates wanting razor wire on our "longest undefended border" No matter how you parse it, it was something he knew was not true--- a lie.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: keith
I have to admit that I was fooled by the Liberal Media which put words in Walker's mouth which he never said in order to denigrate him. They flat out lied, and like millions of other people, I assumed he actually said it when he didn't. Nowhere in the transcript of the interview between Walker and Todd which you provided did Walker ever say he wished to erect a wall on the U.S./Canadian border.

It's kind of like the way King Brown operates. One should never accept any statistic or statement from King Brown at face value. More often than not, it will be either a lie or it will omit important factual information that changes the meaning entirely. King still has not addressed the lie he told about "GOP candidates wanting razor wire on our "longest undefended border" No matter how you parse it, it was something he knew was not true--- a lie.

My point exactly. This is the "big lie". It begins with an obscure, usually out of context statement that is then spread in the mainstream (read liberal) media, picked up by sycophants like King, embellished with razor wire, and attributed to all candidates. Then, he has the gall to accuse me of lying.

Jim H.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Equally important is those little "sins of omission" that Kingsley Brown often uses to dishonestly sway people.

Just look at the two versions of the interview between Todd and Walker that King Brown and Canvasback posted here just minutes apart in posts #421143 and #421144. Read both and tell me who you would trust, King or James. I'm going with James.

King's edited version was meant to make the reader think that Walker actually proposed erecting a wall on the U.S./Canadian border.

Once again, we see the same kind of dishonest crap from King. This is why I say that it is foolish to take ANYTHING he says at face value without confirming it from a good source. More often than not, he's lying, embellishing, or leaving things out. It all makes me wonder if he wasn't actually forced out of journalism for similar practices and permitted to retire with honor rather than leave a stain on an entire broadcast organization. King was the only person here to make excuses for Brian Williams' lies. Actions speak louder than words.

Page 18 of 25 1 2 16 17 18 19 20 24 25

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.