April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
13 members (battle, ClapperZapper, dogon, Chad Linder, 4 invisible), 507 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,466
Posts545,098
Members14,409
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
ed good Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Ok, you boys wana take watson?

then go aheard...i mean you gonna do hit any how...

keep it simple and keep it safe...
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: ed good
dudley: ah was tryin to be nice and jest ignore you... however, you must be reminded: this forum is supposed to have rules agin your kind...so please do refrain from trashin threads here and control yo self...

an if you wana joust, then meet me down below...an ah will sharpin mah nives and be ready an waitin fur ya...

Ed, I don't know what your obsession is with wanting me to "come down below" with you. ? I take it you mean the the embarrassment of the board that is Misfires?
Quite frankly I don't and time to entertain that BS and I don't know why you would want just one more person down there ganging up on you.
However I really am curious as to what it is you would be able to say to me there that you cannot say to me here. That I am an a**hole? That my mother is fat? That my wife is ugly? Huh???

B.Dudley
ed good Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

dudley: my problem with you is that you come here and post off topic personal attacks...then you continue to ignore forum rules by posting more off topic personal attacks...you appear to have little respect for this forum or those who post here...it is as simple as that. or maybe it is not that simple for you...

Last edited by ed good; 08/23/15 08:34 PM.

Sidelock
Sidelock

The problem is evident in the posts that compare the VISUAL aspects of doubles and can only see the formal specs. Wihout a feel of the handling, balance and sheer pleasure in manipulation and use there really is no point talking.

Once you experience that feel of a true best (as opposed to a big name, the two do not always go together) you can justify the cost. Not any cost, mind you. Some of today's London guns are ridiculously priced.

ed good Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

lover: that makes since.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Late to the party. My take is as follows.

Watson is a Brand Value level two (BV2) maker. The gun appears to me to be no more than an Original Quality grade two (OQ2). The Current Condition level seems to be six (CC6 is defined as "Shootable but needs some repairs and refinishing or refinished with barrels or stock replaced").

BV2-OQ2-CC6 = $4,652. The only upgrade I could see at all would be to call it a CC5 = "Minor repairs needed or proper restoration accomplished." Personally, I think CC6 fits better than CC5. BV2-OQ2-CC6 = $6,312. In pristine condition (CC1) it would value at $21,000 and in "Significant use" (CC3) condition it would value at $11,000. So, we have a fairly valuable gun being dinged by condition.

I will opine the following as to the relation of quality and value. For lower quality goods up to average consumer quality, the relation is relative linear (twice as good - twice the price). However, as quality goes over, say, 90% of possible, the price becomes very non-linear; 95% costs several times 90%, and 98% costs several times 95%. Consider paintings, wine, musical instruments, cars, shoes, etc.

DDA

Sidelock
Sidelock

The influence of brand value can be a loss maker. A concrete example comes from non gun items sold by top London gunmakers, such as knives, snap caps, thermos flasks etc. The exact same item with the name stamp can cost as high as tenfold the price of the plain unstamped item.

If the brand value follows similar percentages on guns, then the message for USERS not collectors or status seekers is ovious, avoid top brands like the plague!

The trick here is to be able to discern quality work. And also bear in mind that the same people often worked as outworkers for several makers so their work might well be present on the "lesser" gun.

A no name sidelock put together by top actioners, stockers, with locks signed "Ashes", case hardened by St Ledgers, at a price reflecting its no name status would do me nicely. But I do not want to impress anyone and do not expect to sell it at a profit. I am OK trusting my capital to guys like Buffet, not Purdey.

ed good Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

makes sense...or is it sents or cents or scents...

Sidelock
Sidelock

dudley: my problem with you is that you come here and post off topic personal attacks...then you continue to ignore forum rules by posting more off topic personal attacks...you appear to have little respect for this forum or those who post here...it is as simple as that. or maybe it is not that simple for you...

Ed apparently does not have a very good memory Brian. Here are some posts he made yesterday a scant 8 minutes before initiating a new thread calling for no name calling and civility... along with my response to him:

keet: you really are an idiot and a fraud of the worse kind!

Here's another:

keet: you really are an idiot!

Would you like about a hundred more examples of YOUR insults and name calling Ed? Would you like about a hundred examples from your pal, Mr. Civility King Brown?

Is this what you are telling us Ed... "Do as I say... and not as I do."?

In the words of the ignorant idiot anti-gunner Ed Good... "Ah don tink so!"

Ed and King and Jagermeister are apparently engaged in a concerted effort to temporarily leave Misfires, and to attempt to re-invent themselves as real gun guys here after months of posting anti-gun, anti-2nd Amendment, and anti-NRA rhetoric in Misfires. Here's what Ed has been up to:

ANTI-GUN POSTS by ED GOOD

It looks like you may be stuck with them for a while until they think they have pulled the wool over enough eyes here. You have my sympathy. I have every expectation that there will be guys like dal and CrapperZapper who will wish to defend them and shoot the messenger. I'm OK with that. It's too bad that there were not enough guys who would make a Pledge to AmarilloMike's "Pledge Drive to Permanently Ban Ed Good." I pledged $100.00 and am still willing to write that check.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.