May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
7 members (Der Ami, Chantry, Jimmy W, MattH, Craigster, 1 invisible), 914 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,531
Posts545,940
Members14,420
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 11 of 15 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Stan
Originally Posted By: buzz
I hear you Stan, but a couple things to note. Firstly, I don't think the members of this forum are John's entire customer base. When I purchased a gun from him, I wasn't even a member of this illustrious forum. Secondly, in a deal like this, we will never find that 100% of the pop'l will agree. Many people here likely don't like what John had to say, some of which are tire kickers themselves. Others do agree with John. This forum is diverse and there are members here who like to argue and disagree just for the sake of being argumentative. For example, if I were to say 'Boy, it's a beautiful day, not a cloud in the sky and I really like that', others would say, 'yeah, but I wish there were some white puffies, cumulus clouds they are prettier' and another would say, 'you dumbass, it's getting ready to storm, there's a tornado coming and I like shitty weather'. Catch my drift, John was just giving us a taste of what he has to go through with all the bullshit that goes along with any job. I for one will buy from John again, esp if he has a rare gun i can't get elsewhere and so would you. This venting, I dare to say, has hurt John naught.

I respect your opinion, buzz, even tho' we disagree on this. I also respect John, who defended his opinion on this as well as anybody could have.

All my best, SRH

P.S. Please note that I corrected an error in my previous post from earlier this morning. I had inadvertently left out the word "not" in the second sentence, and it totally changed my intended meaning. My apologies to you, John, for my grievous error in grammar. Thanks to Gil for noticing that and bringing it to my attention.
Always have to respect a sharp-eyed gent who pays attention to the "little details" My compliments, Sir- well done indeed. proper grammar and syntax, the hallmark of a literate gentleman indeed.

"The field is the touchstone of the man"..
Sidelock
Sidelock

Stan, don't post in the morning before coffee. I was glad you corrected that, you had me wondering...Geo

Sidelock
Sidelock

This whole thread reminds me of some poor politician caught somewhere he ought not to have been during a lean news week. Much to do about nothing much...Geo

GLS Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Geo, it's hot, nothing is in, creeks are low and the best place in town is the nearest couch. I haven't heard a peep from across the pond about the Glorious Twelfth. You'd think they'd at least want to make us green with envy. Stan's about to have a fit waiting for the Glorious First Saturday in September, Noon, To be Precise, AKA the South Georgia Dove Hunter Heat Stroke Open. What else is there to talk about? Gil

Sidelock
Sidelock

Supposed to be 117F in Yuma on Saturday. Georgia heat stroke? Pfffft....

Sidelock
Sidelock

This sentiment is a tad odd.....the idea that a purchaser must 'support' a given business. I know the idea of the old Mom n' Pop store brings tears to our eyes, but at the end of the day Mom n' Pop need to earn their business - not be 'supported' as part of some sort of paternal relationship.

It shouldn't be hard. What with the dicks they have working at WalMart, Pop should have no trouble keeping customers.

Then again, the norm for gun shop owners is to be kinda cranky, know-it-all, and a bit brusque. So who knows?

As for who will fix it.....well, there will always be someone who can fix it, even if it means sending the gun out of state. As a human who has owned over 100 guns and never had one break, I don't get too worried about guns breaking. Then, I'm the same jackass who never has a car break and can hardly avoid getting 100K miles on a set of brake pads....

Originally Posted By: treblig1958
So John got a little pissed off, .......doesn't everybody?

A lawyer friend of mine who is the son of a lawyer and is filthy rich goes to Walmart to buy a rifle. I got a little pissed off at him. But people said its his money. I still get pissed when I see him. And I still think I'm right. Spend your money at a gunshop because those are the people who need supporting. And when it breaks are you going to take it Walmart to have it fixed? No, you're going to take it to a gunshop like John's and have it fixed, well what happens if John is no longer in business?

Last edited by GregSY; 08/13/15 07:44 PM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

About time to move this thread to a more suitable forum--Misfires.

When an old man dies a library burns to the ground. (Old African proverb)
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Replacement
Supposed to be 117F in Yuma on Saturday. Georgia heat stroke? Pfffft....

Yeah, 117 F at about 14% humidity. We're used 100 F at 85% humidity. That's about a 119 Heat Index for you, and somewhere north of 150 Heat Index here. It ain't the heat bro', it's the humidity. Oh, yeah, and then there's the gnats. crazy

SRH

May God bless America and those who defend her.
Boxlock
Boxlock

The internet is awesome for us lookers. We can imagine the joy of buying a fine gun, look at the pics and try to rationalize the expense (as if the money was there to rationalize spending). As far as calling to see if it's available? No clue. If it's listed and you want it and have the means-then buy it. If it's gone you'll get a call letting you know.

As for the dealer? I really don't want to waste his/her time if I'm not actually ready to buy. I'm forever buying a box of ammo, a holster/sling/case just to help encourage the business. I want them there when I do have the money and that awesome gun shows up.

Sidelock
Sidelock

This post has me scared to ask for pictures of a gun I'm sort of interested in. Has some changes to the stock but not sure I would like it. I hate to waste somebody's time. A whole 3 minutes maybe.

Page 11 of 15 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.