May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
5 members (Hoot4570, Lloyd3, bsteele, 2 invisible), 264 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,531
Posts545,932
Members14,420
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 15 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 14 15
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Some of you may not do business with me in the future because of my comments, that's ok. I understand.

Some have responded that have done business with me and feel that I have nice guns and were treated fairly. I hoe to see them again.

I respect other people time and professionalism, I only ask for the same. Which I feel is fair. That was the original topic of this conversation

John

Thanks

John

Last edited by arrieta2; 08/12/15 03:19 PM.

John Boyd
Quality Arms Inc
Houston, TX
713-818-2971
Sidelock
Sidelock

Mr. Boyd, you do have a fine reputation on this forum. I have no idea why you would publicly criticize potential customers on this forum of all places. The doublegun market is small and a lot of it resides right here.

I expect that this unfortunate thread has run a course different from whatever you originally intended. I have already admitted that my gun fund is presently depleted, but hope that when I do call you with an interest in a gun you have for sale I will not be treated as a bother...Geo

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Many of you have totally missed the point. I have no problem with customers. That's what is all about. The problem is with people who really have no intention to buy, just emailing for something to do. This does exist.

John

John Boyd
Quality Arms Inc
Houston, TX
713-818-2971
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

George:

I am sure that when you call me or another dealer, you have a definite interest in the gun, maybe not that gun after you speak to the seller, but you really were interested.

Thanks

John

John Boyd
Quality Arms Inc
Houston, TX
713-818-2971
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Geo. Newbern
I have no idea why you would publicly criticize potential customers on this forum of all places.

+1

Can you imagine a classic car dealer criticizing potential customers, for asking such a simple question, on a public forum devoted to vintage cars? I can't. It's just amazing to me.

SRH

Last edited by Stan; 08/12/15 04:09 PM.

May God bless America and those who defend her.
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

I am only asking for one thing, if a person contacts me I will do my best to be respectful of you and your time, I think its not too much for them to be respectful of me and my time.

If they or anyone here feels that this is not fair to both us, if they do not understand this and what I am only asking for is not to their likening we would probably be not a good fit for each other

Thanks

John

Thanks to those have been their for the last 43 years. Some believe I treat them well. Many have purchased multiple guns in that time period.

John Boyd
Quality Arms Inc
Houston, TX
713-818-2971
Sidelock
Sidelock

Business tip: Just leave it there John...Geo

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Thanks George:

I will

Call anytime just to chat

Best

John

John Boyd
Quality Arms Inc
Houston, TX
713-818-2971
Sidelock
Sidelock

Reminds me of a Peter Gabriel song.... "Diggin in the dirt"

So, Lets say I am a semi knowledgeable guy when it come to Ithaca sxs's. I have an interest in purchasing my 1st English sxs. I have been ALL over the internet, looking and soaking up as much information as I can. Feeling fairly comfortable, it's time to head out and see what this feel thing is when it comes to English guns. I'm told you will understand when you handle the right one. Hey, Quality Arms is in Houston, He has a couple of English guns on his web site. I'm going to make an appointment and go on the next phase of my journey. I like buying local anyway. I head out for the hour long drive.

When I arrive, I ask to see X,Y and Z. I'd like to handle these Mr. Boyd. So I do my thing, and not being an impulse buyer, I say thanks and let me think about it.

Am I going to be the next turd that you and your buddy dealers sit around and talk crap about over your single malt scotch and cigars? Are you going to tell them "hey if this guy calls, he is going to come over and waste your time"? What are the guys in the middle that are not your "whale" suppose to do? Get our understand of English gun feel somewhere else, and buy from you? Just don't waste your time learning? Do you need to make a purchase to be on the good to go list?

Back to school my friend, its called sales 101.

You don't even understand that if after my first post, you had said, well Bill, I'm sorry you got a bad impression come on over and look around. We can talk and I'll show you what I have to offer. BUT, this isn't about me, its about your condescending, sitting above all of us attitude proclaiming that your time is worth more than anyone else's.

After seeing your replies to the people on this thread, I'd sell all my shit and stop hunting before buying the right time of day from you.

Good luck with your business. Its sad to think what it could have been as opposed to what it is.

Last edited by ithaca1; 08/12/15 05:41 PM.

Bill Johnson
Sidelock
Sidelock

I don't think John ever mentioned walk-ins Bill.

My understanding is he's disappointed in eternal tire kickers wasting everyone's time. Over the transom.

I gotta say, and I don't care if people get mad or not, but a $300.00 trade-in shotgun isn't worth my whole afternoon. And I'm not even in the gun business.

Be respectful of the peddlers time.

FWIW, it's been my experience that the person haggling until there's blood on the floor isn't going to buy again anyway. Some sales aren't worth the grief.

I can think of at least two internet personalities that have spent 10's of thousands on shotguns, and still have absolutely no confidence in their ability to vet a firearm. I don't even know them, and I'm already tired of them as soon as they start a thread somewhere. They probably call John~!
Though I'm pretty sure they'd only would get dial tone at Woodcock Hill!

Out there doing it best I can.
Page 8 of 15 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 14 15

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.