April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
5 members (jake van dyke, 12boreman, fab500, Stanton Hillis, Southern Sport), 1,041 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,468
Posts545,134
Members14,409
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 15 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 14 15
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Tracy
John, This is mainly a forum for customers. Customers venting about dealers and gunsmiths is OK. Dealers venting about customers , not so much.

As my late Dad used to say, "you've come to a goat house for wool".
JR

Be strong, be of good courage.
God bless America, long live the Republic.
Sidelock
Sidelock

We suggest that if you are looking for something special, please contact us electronically, or call (as we may already have it available.) Quality Arms maintains a wish list of what our customers are looking for. If you have a special need please let us know, so we can contact you should we receive something that may be of special interest to you
http://arrieta.com

Send all your cards and letters directly requesting Johnny B…

Nothing better than a customer with good questions I always say.

Sidelock
Sidelock

My grandfather sold bird dogs to Robert Woodruff or "Mr. Bob" as he was known, Chairman and CEO of Coca Cola. He told me this story one day. Mr. Bob was in a nice Maryland gun store while on business for Coca Cola during WWII. He asked to see a very nice Model 21 and the manager said "ol timer I doubt you can afford that". Mr Woodruff said "maybe you're right", said Goodbye and left. As he was leaving a young clerk stopped him and said "come around later and I'll let you look at it, Sir" . The following month the Manager came in an there was Mr. Woodruff looking at the 21. He begin to dress down the clerk and Mr. Woodruff said "are you going to let him talk to you that way?" The clerk said "he's my boss" and Mr. Bob replied "no he's not, you run this store now, I bought it last night over dinner with the owner. He was such a gentleman he did not fire the Manager, but simply said to him "Young fella look's like there are shelves to be stocked better get started!" My grandfather said that illustrated an important lesson to learn. "It is the content of one's character that matters not the content of his wallet! Just thought this might be interesting.

H

Sidelock
Sidelock

I think it's a great story, and I like the outcome, but it seems more like a vindictive grudge than the high road. Hope the kid kept the new boss happy, probably was on pins and needles knowing how punitive ole Bob was.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Well, maybe guys who call with questions are interested, and will have more or less continuing interest depending on the answers to the questions? Maybe there's some comparison shopping going on too? I've not phoned a dealer with questions in a lot of years, but this isn't at all hard for me to understand. Is this so hard to accept as part of doing business?? Some calls might be just curiosity born of boredom. Kinda like whining to deal with boredom.

Jay

Sidelock
Sidelock

Craig: I can see your point, I just always thought it was indicative of the point that your position should always come from one's customer service to the customers not mindreading and assuming their worth. Guess it can be taken as one's outlook warrants. Remember he wasn't fired just reassigned.
I'll ponder it more.

H

GLS Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Robert Woodruff was one of the greatest philanthropists of the 20th Century. His hallmark was old school anonymity. It was only after his death that the breadth of his generosity was known.

Sidelock
Sidelock

My old friend Bill Jaqua would tell me this- back when he was in downtown Findlay- bear the old courthouse- "I try to treat everyone who comes into my store with questions about guns as if they were the most important person I have talked too that day-- John- [censored] all you want about "lookers'- but be grateful that they are looking at your items- can't have it both ways in today's competitive gun market- look what happened to Herschel Chaddick- he drive away a lot of customers with his BS stories about the King Ranch customers(?) he had- BS--

"The field is the touchstone of the man"..
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

What about this guy: They email and say they are interested in the gun and is it still available. You reply yes it is and answer their questions, you never here from them again. Sometimes I wait a day or two and email them and ask if they want to do something on it."They don't answer".

Should they "have the decency to at least reply"?

John Boyd

Last edited by arrieta2; 08/12/15 12:53 PM.

John Boyd
Quality Arms Inc
Houston, TX
713-818-2971
Sidelock
Sidelock

Yes, they should, however, without thick skin, retail is not a place you want to be. Sounds like your picking fly crap out of pepper.

I had a dealer just the other day not return an e-mail inquiry on an item I was interested in. Oh well his loss. I could go on all day about dealers, as I'm sure you could about customers, but I won't.

My point is, only a couple of choices for you. Suck it up as retail and move on, focus on it and stay frustrated, buy a little cheese to go with the whine or find something else to do in life.

Hope this helps.
Bill

Last edited by ithaca1; 08/12/15 01:09 PM.

Bill Johnson
Page 6 of 15 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 14 15

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.