April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
7 members (Mills, Chad Linder, Marks_21, CJ Dawe, 2 invisible), 397 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,465
Posts545,065
Members14,409
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
James M Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

I believe there is enough general interest in this subject to post it here.
I personally feel blessed to reside in Arizona and this ranking will clearly demonstrate why. You may want to have a look and see where your State is ranked.
Jim
http://www.gunsandammo.com/network-topics/culture-politics-network/best-states-for-gun-owners-2015/

The 2nd Amendment IS an unalienable right.
Sidelock
Sidelock

It's going to be subjective. As a CT resident we got screwed pretty hard after the Sandy Hook shooting, but we are still light years ahead of NJ or MD.

Personally I'd move MD, NJ & HI ahead of NY, at least CCW is possible in NY outside of NYC and some of it's suburbs

I have become addicted to English hammered shotguns to the detriment of my wallet.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: James M

I believe there is enough general interest in this subject to post it here.
I personally feel blessed to reside in Arizona and this ranking will clearly demonstrate why. You may want to have a look and see where your State is ranked.
Jim
http://www.gunsandammo.com/network-topics/culture-politics-network/best-states-for-gun-owners-2015/

Thank you very much for posting this important information for us. God bless you.

James M Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

If you live in Arizona as I do there's nothing subjective about these rankings. If you don't agree enjoy living where you're currently located!
Jim

Sidelock
Sidelock

I live in #48, Massachusetts. I have held a Class A Large Capacity CCP for at least a couple of decades. Each time it comes up for renewal my local police dept sends a renewal form about three months before my licence's expiration date. The police here in my town know very well how bureaucracies work and how these things can get held up for months. It has never been much of a problem for me.

On the other hand, I have never tried to buy an "evil looking" firearm either here in MA or any other state... I'm sure I would have to walk through hell and back and still never be allowed to buy one under the law as it currently exists.

The wacko's and mentally disturbed have caused this for us and politicians eager to pander for votes have grouped all gun owners among the wackos and mentally disturbed..... Guilty until proven innocent here in a large part of the USA.

Will it ever get better?? In our lifetimes??

Sidelock
Sidelock

Georgia has strong pro gun laws, and I am grateful, but I wish S. Carolina would recognize Georgia's CCW license holders. Twenty-seven other states do, but my neighboring state of SC, three miles from me as the crow flies, does not.

I farm in GA and SC, and would really feel better if I could carry concealed there legally.

SRH

May God bless America and those who defend her.
James M Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: DAM16SXS
I live in #48, Massachusetts. I have held a Class A Large Capacity CCP for at least a couple of decades. Each time it comes up for renewal my local police dept sends a renewal form about three months before my licence's expiration date. The police here in my town know very well how bureaucracies work and how these things can get held up for months. It has never been much of a problem for me.

On the other hand, I have never tried to buy an "evil looking" firearm either here in MA or any other state... I'm sure I would have to walk through hell and back and still never be allowed to buy one under the law as it currently exists.

The wacko's and mentally disturbed have caused this for us and politicians eager to pander for votes have grouped all gun owners among the wackos and mentally disturbed..... Guilty until proven innocent here in a large part of the USA.

Will it ever get better?? In our lifetimes??

I feel sorry for you and also give your credit for persevering in this State . I was born and raised there and one of the happiest days of my life was when I moved out.
I also have an Arizona Concealed Carry license even though one is no longer necessary in this State but is required if you carry in other States. Unfortunately; I have to go to California frequently and that State won't recognize my license.
Jim

Last edited by James M; 07/29/15 08:43 AM.

Sidelock
Sidelock

No surprise about NY. I am out of here in 5 years.

Brian
LTC, USA Ret.
NRA Patron Member
AHFGCA Life Member
USPSA Life Member

Sidelock
Sidelock

I live in a good state but have a jerk LEO who thinks he knows everything. When I had a C&R he felt he had the right to inspect my collection anytime he wanted. I educated him that that was not the case. Told him BATF might but he did not. Told him to get a search warrant or leave. He left mad as hell shouting he be back with one. That was four years ago and counting. When he went to get the warrant he was told that he not only had no cause but could be sued for harassment and the town would not back him in anyway. At that point his decision was to have the BATF audit me. It took five minutes and they apologized for it but were just doing their job. I opened up the books, opened up the safes and gun room and made coffee. Five minutes later we were done and even found we had a long departed common friend.

Sidelock
Sidelock

In NJ, the leading treatise "New Jersey Gun Law" http://www.evannappen.com/gun-law-books.html
is over 500 pages long. It's actually in its second edition. As someone wise in the ways of that law once said to me "in NJ you can be perfectly legal and still get busted because the law is so convoluted the cop won't know what is and is not legal. And then, once they figure out the bust was bad, they'll make up something to turn it into a good bust."

In Maine, you can write the state gun laws on the proverbial matchbook.

Which is why I moved to Maine.

fiery, dependable, occasionally transcendent

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.