May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
3 members (liverwort, Jtplumb, 1 invisible), 271 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,507
Posts545,625
Members14,419
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 13 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: King Brown
Majorities decide what prevails or doesn't....

You pulled the ole switch-a-roo on me. I thought you said, somehow a limited government, if they make you feel good, must ignore limits and prevail. You sly fox, all along, I thought 'majorities' meant the wiki version, not a panel of three on an appellate court, a fellow with a phone, hopefully not private, and a pen, no he can't keep it when he leaves.

Sidelock
Sidelock

You're teasing me again. The quest is for liberty and government limited to not always in our faces, gathering minutia of our lives, expanding services to meet needs, demanding sacrifices as the world's policemen. Political control is so critical in Canada it's an October 19 federal election issue. Departmental heads in Ottawa can't send a twitter without clearing it through the Prime Minister's Office. But governments must face the electorate; majorities always rule.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: King Brown
You're teasing me again....

....But governments must face the electorate; majorities always rule.

How rude of me, no, you are teasing me, I insist.

We face only what we feel like. Then, we rope our governments off, figuratively or literally, with a little help from our elite friends. Majorities, naw, we don't need them around for this, but we'll tell them what to feel guilty about at zee appprrropriate time. Sorry, just practicing my German, not too good , eh?

mc Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Why is it when the most non-inclusive people start a rant they ask how many countries you have visited and the tell haw many have been visited by them,is there an absorption of culture and intelligence?what if the countries are inhabited by morons that live in the 6th century is that a positive or negative.and how does this make you morally and intellectually supperior.just asking

dal Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Why would you people have the graven image of the monarch from another country on your currency? - I'm sure you know why. Nonetheless, due to past history with the British. Never really much cared about it, its only money. I'm sure one day it will disapear from our currency.

Why would an atheist such as yourself even care if the word "God" appears on the money from another country? - I don't care. I just asked why it is there. But as usual, you rarely answer the question. I could ask why the pyramid with the eye, or the owl is on there also. I'll save that for a later date.

Are you one of those people who goes into a swoon when someone from the British Royal family visits? - Nope. But it brings in business to local economy of the town/city they may visit. My son actually did a Judo demonstration for her majesty (errr...gag) one year, so it was kind'a cool. I'd rather he had met Mother Teresa, before her passing.

Shouldn't you be more concerned that a dollar bill still says "One Dollar" when it is actually worth only five cents due to inflation? - Nope. I have way more than a half million of them in the bank....sooo....not worried, and in reality, there's very little I can do about it. It's in other people's hands.

.....sticking your nose into our business when you should be concerned about things in your own country... - I've stuck my nose into about 28 countries of the world, including yours. Yours is a nice country, with some very ingenious people, some of the best in the world. Visited some nice friendly small towns, tasted some ...oooooohhhh....so nasty shine. We loved NY City. I'm amazed at how much you hate about your country, when it has tried so hard, and succeeded, in being an economic force, and favored as one of the best countries in the world to live in, and yet it sounds like, your hearts are so filled with hate.

....and a Long Gun Registry that has not been dismantled as prescribed by law in Quebec.' - Don't really care about that, that's Quebec's problem. I spoke at great length, a few weeks ago with a gun store owner in NY State. Some of our gun laws are less restrictive then yours I think. We do not have to ship to an FFL, I can buy ten long guns, and cases of ammo, without any background checks or three day waiting period. Everyone in my family has their long gun possession/acquisition license (except the wife), and I'll have my hand gun license shortly....so no biggie.

Did I miss anything?

That's how you answer questions by the way, you should try it some day.

D.

Life is too short to have a 'hate on' for so many things or people. Isn't it?
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: dal
....Did I miss anything?....

I guess it shows that the tourist version of visiting a country is just that, a visit. You may have missed about ninety-nine percent of the US. It wouldn't surprise me one bit if Canada doesn't have some of the most beautiful countryside itself.

dal Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

It does. Weve seen a fair bit of it. Lots more to see for sure eh. On our way to Gaspe Bay as I type.

We drove a 5000 mile round trip to boise. We drove throug MN, SD, WY, MO, Id, UT. Seen the badlands, Black hills, camped at yellowstone for a few days. It was agreat trip, Great scenery.

Your right, touristy stuff. Our trip through the back roads of Pennsivania, was an eye opener though. They've been hit hard. Sad to see.

If you upland hunt, maybe you can come up for a visit one day.

D.

dal Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Noooo....Craig and i are'nt dating.

D.

Sidelock
Sidelock

You young pup, Ken. You've rolled over on your back, four feet in the air. You've given up on your country, your fellow citizens. You're an anti-democratic aristocrat waiting for America to disintegrate socially and politically before something better can rise from the ashes.

"Disintegration of the Economy, massive societal disruption, and the attempt to install totalitarian rule. All of which is intended. As I said before, the "Zombie Apocalypse". Reminds me of a 19th century Swiss contrarian who detested Athenian democracy and glorified aristocracies.

"Every citizen could go up to the Pnyx to vote on the legislation of the day," complained Jacob Burkhart of the golden years of Athenian democracy. He said it led to corruption, mob rule by rabble and demagogues, as you do. The only difference is your notion of another governance resurrecting society after zombie rule.

Presumably all sophisticated, virtuous Americans who prefer wood, leather, waxed cotton and split bamboo.

Sidelock
Sidelock

"Given up" on my Country? Hardly. I believe in my Country, and the American Exceptionalism of Individual Freedom and Equality as guaranteed by the Constitution.

You're attempting to somehow distort the Soviet subversion of religious statism into American society as somehow "American".

"Anti-Democrat"? Again, preposterous. Asserting that being against "Mob Rule" unrestrained by the Constitution is somehow "Aristocratic" is equally preposterous and shows a true lack of both intellectual objectivity as well as philosophical ignorance. The true "glorified aristocracy" in America today is due to statism, primarily fueled by the Democrat Party. This statist "Ruling Class" is able to confiscate the freedom of their free and equal citizens at will, and use the money to buy political power. It is really a form of Slavery or Feudalism, where the self-anointed nobility have control over the economic destiny of their Serfs.

You seem to be unable to understand, and therefore debate, the concept of Constitutionally Limited Government.

Last edited by Ken61; 07/20/15 09:25 AM.

I prefer wood to plastic, leather to nylon, waxed cotton to Gore-Tex, and split bamboo to graphite.
Page 9 of 13 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.