May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
2 members (SKB, 1 invisible), 702 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,506
Posts545,607
Members14,419
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 12 13
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: dal
'Freedom will eventually win out.'

Freedom of what? Freedom to allow America to drain into the abyss? Your already half way there. Just look around you for God's sake.

Open your eyes. Just because you can see the computor screen, doesn't mean your not blind!

D.

True, I relate topics to their philosophical basis. Statist beliefs and dogma that are sociopathically inflicted on others against their will is a main point of mine. This is because that Statist indoctrination is only possible if the person has the faith-based belief that there is no such thing as individual freedom and equality. To have this belief, one must either totally discount or disregard the existence of the American Constitution, which was designed to prevent Religious Statism.

Not understanding the actual philosophy behind topics, and then calling people who do "unintellectual" (absurd, it's anti-intellectual) is very amusing, and actually illustrates my points.

You usually follow the pattern of the typical religious reactions of "Denial, Dismissal, and Demonization".

Last edited by Ken61; 07/18/15 08:47 AM.

I prefer wood to plastic, leather to nylon, waxed cotton to Gore-Tex, and split bamboo to graphite.
dal Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

FYI - I'm pretty much an atheist, and think that human nature will be the cause for the dimise of human kind....not some god.

D.

Life is too short to have a 'hate on' for so many things or people. Isn't it?
Sidelock
Sidelock

I believe you're referring tangentially, Ken, to the golden years of "republican theology" of building a Christian society where liberty is the guiding principle, intent of the founding fathers.

Correct me again if I'm wrong, this progressive religious vision became a national ideology: humanity could perfect itself with public enlightenment. And this in turn transformed into strong reaction to liberal progress.

The history is certainly a confusing narrative. I think of it when I read your posts concerning liberty and individual freedom, as set out by the founding fathers, within a context of remaking a society centuries later.

Radical Islamists have notions of how to do this with the sword. I believe you and I wonder if it's possible to remake a society freely, without callous manipulation, as intended with a ballot.

It all seems religious, statist etc to me.

Sidelock
Sidelock

FYI - I'm pretty much an atheist, and think that human nature will be the cause for the dimise of human kind....not some god.

D.

I'm pretty much an Agnostic. Whenever I have discussions with Fundamentalist Christians they usually call me an Atheist. Human Nature is very much the point, as a significant part of it is the assertion of Dominance over others, in order to benefit oneself. If the dominance asserted is against the other person's will it becomes Sociopathic. It is this involuntary infliction upon others that is the point, particularly when it becomes government policy. Since the morality that rationalizes this infliction is that individuals are not equal, it is clearly a faith-based religious belief, consequentially unconstitutional according to the "Establishment Clause" of the Constitution. This is the purpose of the Constitution, to constrain these types of people from using the power of government to inflict their sociopathic religious beliefs on others against their will. This is what has been circumvented by Religious Statists, who have been successful in replacing the American morality of individual freedom and equality with the Statist/Marxist/Totalitarian morality of Religious Statism.

Last edited by Ken61; 07/18/15 11:39 AM.

I prefer wood to plastic, leather to nylon, waxed cotton to Gore-Tex, and split bamboo to graphite.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: King Brown
I believe you're referring tangentially, Ken, to the golden years of "republican theology" of building a Christian society where liberty is the guiding principle, intent of the founding fathers.

Correct me again if I'm wrong, this progressive religious vision became a national ideology: humanity could perfect itself with public enlightenment. And this in turn transformed into strong reaction to liberal progress.

The history is certainly a confusing narrative. I think of it when I read your posts concerning liberty and individual freedom, as set out by the founding fathers, within a context of remaking a society centuries later.

Radical Islamists have notions of how to do this with the sword. I believe you and I wonder if it's possible to remake a society freely, without callous manipulation, as intended with a ballot.

It all seems religious, statist etc to me.

It is not "Republican Theology", but American Ideology. Based on Constitutional Freedom and Equality. What has happened is that individuals who have been inflicted upon against their will have been denied any Right to Self-Defense.

This illustrates my point, it is John Quincy Adams (Anthony Hopkins) closing argument before the Supreme Court in the Amistad case. Of course the case specifics dealt with physical slavery, but in principle can be applied to any type of slavery, including the Statist Neoslavery that America is now being subjected to. Perhaps one of my favorite movie scenes.

https://www.awesomestories.com/asset/view/John-Quincy-Adams-Argument-in-Amistad-Case

If you listen closely to the speech, you'll understand why America today can be considered the "New Confederacy".

Last edited by Ken61; 07/18/15 11:29 AM.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Ok:
And I'll present the key elements to those who are agnostic or atheist. If the universe wasn't created by some intelligent being just where and how did it come about**?
What is the purpose of the universe and why are we here?
I spent over 30 years as a professed atheist myself before coming to the realization that it was an empty belief.
I will move this to a new thread if you prefer.
Jim

** The Big Bang theory adequately explains the beginning of the universe to me but where did the initial "particle" come from?

Last edited by James M; 07/18/15 11:21 AM.

The 2nd Amendment IS an unalienable right.
Sidelock
Sidelock

....It all seems religious, statist etc to me.

All? Your muslim is heavily invested in racism, misogyny and ethnic cleansing, and is willing to pay the price. Your radical right wing Christian is willing to be the most generous donor to needy charities in all the US. Your useful left wing voter who counts on talking point sound bites to sink in by osmosis, has no skin in the game.

Sidelock
Sidelock

FYI - I'm pretty much an atheist....

Good for you D. I heard this question brought up elsewhere and I think JimM brought a version of it on a different thread.

Sooner or later you will be done with this world and then, atheism won't matter in the slightest bit. At the point that your wife and kids die, it'd be great if you could answer, do you hope that you are right or wrong about atheism?

Sidelock
Sidelock

It is not a question of humanity perfecting itself. It is a matter of the prevention of sociopaths gaining control of the government and using it's power to inflict themselves on others. It is the "Age-Old Battle Against Those Who Would Enslave Us".

Last edited by Ken61; 07/18/15 11:37 AM.

Sidelock
Sidelock

One Liberal who calls himself a Centrist (dal) says we are draining into the abyss.

Another Liberal who says he has never voted Liberal )the big liar King Brown) says we are becoming more liberal and are better for it.

I'd agree with dal that we're draining into the abyss. But it isn't because of strict adherence to our Constitution.

craigd, you could get a definitive answer about atheism from King right now because he is obviously already brain dead. Look around you King. There's a 21 inch trout on the line for every cast, and you are the greatest civil rights activist, woodlot manager, and reporter who ever lived. You make award winning wine. You are surrounded by rich and powerful luminaries who seek out your wise counsel.

This must be Heaven, right? In fact, about the only thing missing from the Great King Brown's resume is him being the messiah. King is proof that mental patients are allowed access to computers in Canadian mental hospitals.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Page 5 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 12 13

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.