March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online Now
7 members (Ian Forrester, jake van dyke, Marc Ret, MattH, 2 invisible), 827 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,374
Posts544,009
Members14,391
Most Online1,131
Jan 21st, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Building from scratch, refinishing, or just a simple repair of a Double Gun or other sporting firearm in an appropriate and proper manner is a true talent.

I encourage you to share your DIY gunsmithing experiences and accomplishments with rest of us who sadly are lacking those abilities.

Thank you all for your participation.

PS - Don't forget to tell us about your tools and fixtures too...I love gadgets!

Dave Weber
doublegunshop.com
DoubleGun Evangelist
In Charge But Not Responsible
Sidelock
Sidelock

Good man Dave for going with this!
This could be great.
I'm only a reader n asker here....but I really hope the answerers will keep it nice n friendly...there may be several ways to do the same job...will be nice to hear them all in a civilized manner..I guess we will see how it works,eh?
Cheers to all
Franc

Boxlock
Boxlock

I hope this is the kind of thing you want to see smile

There is a back story to it, one of the subjects I teach is fire lighting and I want to show the kids as many ways as possible to go about it.
I tried to buy a flintlock tinder lighter kit but no one seems to sell them any more, decided to build my own, first I did a bit of Googling for ideas and came across pictures of, what was a common practice way back when, once the barrel was unsafe to use pistols were converted to tinder lighters.
There was one picture that came up that really appealed to me where the barrel was slit and hinged! As I also do pirate birthday parties I realised I could hit both sessions with one piece of kit.

I purchased the lock and the basic trigger guard, the rest I did myself.

I have got it to the point you see, trial assembled ready for a bit more fetttling, over Christmas I will hopefully get it finished. I need to sort out the spill holder and some char rope then see if it works.
As all my machine tools are still in storage this was accomplished with basic hand tools and elbow grease. cool

Last edited by rog8811; 12/23/15 09:49 AM.
1 member likes this: WRE1
Boxlock
Boxlock

There doesn't seem to be that much interest in the above but here is the finished item and how it works.

https://vimeo.com/150258739

Sidelock
Sidelock

Well done! It looks as though the spi9ll snuffer was made from a rimmed cartridge case. Am I right?

Sidelock
Sidelock

WOW!!
What a sparking good time!!
Thank you for sharing
Mike

USAF RET 1971-95 [Linked Image from jpgbox.com]
Sidelock
Sidelock

I love tinkering with the tattered old relics that I'm drawn too yet I'd forgotten all about this site. I'd wondered why the main site had become so boring, now I know. The things I'm interested in are here.

Steve

Approach life like you do a yellow light - RUN IT! (Gail T.)
Sidelock
Sidelock

Really a neat project.
I am encouraged as much by this as I am discouraged by those individuals w/o vision or interest in making "things".

"A promise made is a debt unpaid", Robert Service, Cremation of Sam McGee.
Boxlock
Boxlock

Very nice gun this sight is not over populated so not many responses but you did a very nice job.

Boxlock
Boxlock

deleted

Last edited by John P; 01/06/18 11:47 AM.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.