May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
4 members (Argo44, Jeremy Pearce, 2 invisible), 256 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,520
Posts545,748
Members14,419
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 13 of 32 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 31 32
Sidelock
Sidelock

The 2% difference is not applicable to our species. The 2% figure is used to describe the genetic differences between our species and Chimpanzees.

The genetic differences within Humanity, on a percentage scale, is so tiny as not to be significant. The reason is that approx. 74,000 years ago the volcano Toba erupted on the island of Sumatra. It was an extinction level event, causing a massive volcanic Winter that lasted around 1,000 years. At that time, Humanity was fairly spread world wide, a mixture of people, primarily Cro-Magnon (us), but with populations of Neanderthals as well. It nearly wiped Humanity out. It is estimated from genetic backtracking, that the Cro-Magnon population world-wide was reduced to around 2,000 breeding females, with the main population concentrated in East Africa around the Great Rift Valley. We know this because that area has the greatest genetic diversity, with diversity decreasing the farther away from East Africa you go. Neanderthals also survived, with small populations around the Mediterranean Basin and possibly Southern Europe.

Human populations did not recover from this until around 50,000 years ago, when Cro-Magons expanded around the world into the areas they now occupy. This is why this genetic talk is absurd. Human differences as far as intelligence are not related to genetics. Real, meaningful differences are entirely subcultural.

Geneticists have found more genetic diversity, as a percentage basis, in a troupe of 54 Chimpanzees than in the entire human world population.

Last edited by Ken61; 06/10/15 11:44 AM.

I prefer wood to plastic, leather to nylon, waxed cotton to Gore-Tex, and split bamboo to graphite.
James M Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Quite a different explanation of the origins of Cro-Magnon Man:
Jim

http://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/ciencia/esp_ciencia_life32.htm

The 2nd Amendment IS an unalienable right.
SKB Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Craig,
Mike Rowe said it better than I could. This is exactly what I'm talking about. Instilling a work ethic and soft skills in today's youth.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/the-...ssue-but-it-is/

http://www.bertramandco.com/
Booking African hunts, firearms import services

Here for the meltdowns
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: keith

Caitlyn SKB is opinionated about this... but he/she is dead wrong. That wouldn't sink in for him/her because he/she is also one of the unlucky whites who has a lower I.Q than the average... no matter what race or color.

Amen

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: James M
Jim

Completely unscientific. A faith-based belief. The origins of Cro-Magnon are well known. The physical traits, as well as the cultural adaptations first appeared around 200,000 years ago. The immediate ancestor was the "Archaic" species of Hom0 Heidelburgenesis/Hom0 Rhodesiensis. The same ancestor of Neanderthals as well.

I prefer wood to plastic, leather to nylon, waxed cotton to Gore-Tex, and split bamboo to graphite.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: SKB
....Your assumptions are often incorrect.

Okay, okay, you win. The odds and ends that you did are none of my business, but it does seem, is that like an assumption, that there were multiple options.

Your Rowe article is interesting. Is it fair to assume that it's about education and culture? This is what I assume about it. I can extrapolate that intelligence is about political expediency, not culture, and it's legitimized by folks force feeding us that we're different and require different standards.

Sorry to engage you on this one, I saw it as overall being about assumptions too. Since I got you on the phone, and don't comment if you prefer not too. You mentioned your Mauser featured '03 with the side mount scope base on the rifle forum has British influences, Alex Henry. If I'm not mixing it up with your project sporter, what was the original inspiration rifle/stock chambered for. Only asking because I think I see bigger bore/express styling features.

SKB Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

I sort of had to make my options, no free rides. I worked to pay for school. Anyway, enough on that.

It is my project 03 that has some AH influences. I took a copy of the cheek piece from my original rifle. I also had a Ribgy in the shop when I was playing with that pattern and it influenced the fore end on the project rifle. The 03 with the side mount is mostly American Classic/G&H influenced in the stock. The Metal work, 1/4 rib and front sight show British influence being in the H&H pattern.

http://www.bertramandco.com/
Booking African hunts, firearms import services

Here for the meltdowns
James M Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Ken61
Originally Posted By: James M
Jim

Completely unscientific. A faith-based belief. The origins of Cro-Magnon are well known. The physical traits, as well as the cultural adaptations first appeared around 200,000 years ago. The immediate ancestor was the "Archaic" species of Hom0 Heidelburgenesis/Hom0 Rhodesiensis. The same ancestor of Neanderthals as well.

There was a scientific study done years ago the proved eating eggs regularly was really bad for you. Most people believed it and cut down to 1 or 2 eggs per week. Since then additional studies have shown the original one was complete hokum.
Something is "scientic" only as long as a subset of the population believes it's true. As far as I know the Cro-Magnon remains found don't date to anywhere near 200,000 years and Cro-Magnons don't look anything like the other remains. Since most of the "studies" on ancient homonids is based upon very scant evidence the conclusions IMO are pure speculation.

James M Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Now after 4 days and 13 pages no Libtard has come forth to denounce H. Clinton for what she really is - a closet racist. Also note that the Libtards have deserted this thread like the rats they are who would desert a sinking ship! I will keep bringing this graphic up as it definitely shows just what hypocrites they really are.
Jim

Last edited by James M; 06/10/15 01:20 PM.

Sidelock
Sidelock

This is again drifting into a "Creationism" debate. Creationism, and all the pseudo-science used to support it, is a faith-based religious belief. I have absolutely no problem with anyone who believes in it. It is irrelevant.

It is the "Hammer" the religious statists use to discredit Christianity, asserting that if the creation beliefs are not true, neither is the Christian subjective morality of individual freedom and equality. Then, they are free to indoctrinate their sociopathic statist religious beliefs and actually have the gall to call it "Secular". It needs to constantly pointed out that their beliefs are not only religious, but unconstitutionally sociopathic. This is exactly what has happened in the Public School System, it has become, on a de facto basis, a parochial system indoctrinating unconstitutional religious statism.

What I don't understand is why Christians have a need to try to debate it scientifically. The proper response would be to say: "It's my belief, and I'm free to believe it under the Constitution". Then, the resulting morality of individual freedom and equality should be pointed out, and contrasted with religious statism.

This is the issue, and needs to be pointed out anytime a debate ensues.

Last edited by Ken61; 06/10/15 01:37 PM.

Page 13 of 32 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 31 32

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.