May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
10 members (MattH, eeb, Jimmy W, Argo44, 2 invisible), 405 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,521
Posts545,765
Members14,419
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 32 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 31 32
Sidelock
Sidelock

So then, why is it racist to point out that some folks apparently place a high value on bad parenting and setting poor examples such as looting, burning, drug abuse, etc., but it is not racist to point out the opposite about Asians and make blanket statements concerning that race? Are all Asian parents overachievers who push their kids, or are some criminals and drug addicts?

Looks like Caitlyn SKB is the closet racist here. Why not? He tries to also hide the fact that he only supports Liberal Democrat anti-gun politicians.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: SKB
Mike,
I could not agree more that investing time and effort into children pays off....The main point for me is that blacks are not genetically less intelligent. Environmental factors lead to differences in test scores, not learning ability. Given the same environment I think no statistical difference among races would be found. It kind of goes back to your point about Asians....

Boy, nothing like lumping them into racial categories.

I'll ask though, what the blank are 'environmental factors'? Or, to rephrase, is there an implication of genetic differences if one ethnicity needs an 'investment' and another ethnicity doesn't.

Are you saying we can spend our way out of this one? Honestly, why not just 'regulate' test scores. Instant cure, for free, right. I'm partially inclined to racistly suppose that asian prowess on tests has more to do with fear of the parents rather than their 'nurturing'. Am I wrong?

Sidelock
Sidelock

I had a conversation with two South African guys at Tarlton State University in the mid 80's. They were here, to get an education and hopefully stay in the US. They were all for assimilation and becoming American, NOT african americans. We were in Cal3 and became study partners. These guys were not dumb asses. One night the topic of race came up, and as a young man in my early 20's, their assessment of American blacks was profound.

American businesses needed labor, Africa had laborers. The tribal leaders sold their SUB AVERAGE intelligence, physically fit excess (read burden), to the American slave traders. This is the gene pool we are now dealing with. They were very specific in their words of contempt for what we have in America today.

My mother's doctor was a South African and is an amazing individual. He was the only one of about 6 doctors she had over the last 10 years, who could actually maintain a sensitive balance of her medicines. If I didn't already have a good doctor, he would be my choice. So, no I don't consider myself a racist. However, with regard to American blacks, it is what it is and their is no excuse for savagery. A very strong hand is needed to correct our out of control condition. We are all judged by our actions.

Last edited by ithaca1; 06/08/15 06:41 PM.

Bill Johnson
SKB Online Content
Sidelock
Online Content
Sidelock

Craig I knew I could count on you. Thanks for showing up and putting words I never dreamed of in mouth. Your a peach old buddy. You know who I think should invest in children? Parents that is who. A wild and crazy liberal idea that a parent should invest in a child and provide a nurturing environment. Radical I know. My point was as group, Asians tend to value eduction greatly and encourage younger generations to strive to better themselves. A totally racist observation I know and equivalent to comparing the them to monkeys I'm sure. Thanks for Twisting things as only you can.

http://www.bertramandco.com/
Booking African hunts, firearms import services

Here for the meltdowns
Sidelock
Sidelock

Steve:

If in your last post "environment" means "culture" then we agree. If it means the location of the house, the luxuriousness of the furnishings, the number of bathrooms, the presence or lack of big screen HDTV then we disagree.

But culture matters. Bad culture matters. Good culture matters.

Good parenting matters. Bad parenting matters.

Reading to the toddlers matters. Not reading to the toddlers matters.

If you can get fundamental reading skills and fundamental math skills into them many kids can learn for the rest of their lives. If you miss the reading skills they are doomed to a life of being poor. Math is very important but if they can read they can even catch up there.

Learning how to learn at an early age pays a lifetime of dividends. Failure to learn how to learn costs them for the rest of their life.

IQ actually measures how fast one learns. High IQ means fast learner. Low IQ means slow learner. So the IQ tests do not have a racial bias.

Last edited by AmarilloMike; 06/08/15 07:25 PM.

I am glad to be here.
SKB Online Content
Sidelock
Online Content
Sidelock

We agree Mike. Culture does matter immensely. I'm not arguing that point in the least.

Here for the meltdowns
SKB Online Content
Sidelock
Online Content
Sidelock

IQ tests are bunk Mike. They test people who fit the norm they were developed for and have no real bearing on someones intelligence.

here is an article on one study

http://www.webmd.com/brain/news/20121218/iq-test-really-measure-intelligence

Here for the meltdowns
James M Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Quote:
"IQ actually measures how fast one learns. High IQ means fast learner. Low IQ means slow learner. So the IQ tests do not have a racial bias."

IQ tests: They only have a racial bias if you're a Black Appologist. Ever wonder why other minorities such as Asians don't whine about this!
I worked in the Research Department of a University for several years and the studies that were conducted debunked this racial bias BS. I believe that there are social issues,single parent households a mother with hardly any education drug use etc. related to low IQs but since everyone has to compete in an environment such as ours they really don't much matter.
Ron White has had it right all along in "You Can't Fix Stupid"!
IQ test have been studied and refined over the years to remove any hint of racial bias but the racists appologists don't want to admit this as factual any more then the want to admit anything else they don't want to believe is factual.

Last edited by James M; 06/08/15 08:31 PM.

The 2nd Amendment IS an unalienable right.
SKB Online Content
Sidelock
Online Content
Sidelock

the return of monkey Jim the Grand Wizard of misfires....

Last edited by SKB; 06/08/15 08:31 PM.

Here for the meltdowns
Sidelock
Sidelock

http://college.cengage.com/psychology/bernstein/psychology/6e/students/chapter_outlines/ch10.html

"How Valid Are IQ Tests? The validity of IQ tests is difficult to measure, in part because intelligence itself is difficult to define. IQ tests do a reasonably good job of predicting academic and job success, but scores can be distorted by the response to the tester."

From the study you linked to:

"RIP IQ Test?

So should the IQ test that has provided bragging rights for so many be discontinued or discredited?

Not so fast, he says. “Some very valuable research has been carried out using classical IQ testing. However, IQ is a massive oversimplification of the spectrum of human cognitive ability."

And this:

"Gayatri Devi, MD, agrees with the new study findings. She is an attending neurologist at Lenox Hill Hospital in New York City. 'To come up with one unifying score and use that to determine a person’s overall ability is fraught with problems,” she says. 'We need to get away from that.”

So that is not saying they are bunk. It is saying they are one measurement.

I am glad to be here.
Page 7 of 32 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 31 32

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.