Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Ken61 #404648 05/25/15 07:56 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Ken61
I wouldn't be opposed to teaching the religious rebuttals and refutations of Evolution within a Comparative Religion class. That's certainly an appropriate intellectual exercise. Student could make up their own minds. I don't consider it appropriate within a science class....

....Anyone have any more jokes?

Could be. My concern would not be that some topics would be relegated to second class status, but that there would not be the acknowledgement that some 'approved science' is substantially faith based. Wish I had a decent joke, but the laugh seems to be at the expense of just one group. Just kidding, I'd be up for more jokes.

Chuck H #404651 05/25/15 08:18 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

True. Many current "scientific" beliefs are clearly religious. It's because they have been disproven by additional science, yet because so many are economically invested in them they are still advanced and adhered to. (much of Nutrition, and certainly man-made Global Warming for example) That's one of the good points about science, beliefs and positions can be challenged according to the Scientific Method.

In effect, a belief presented as science which has either been disproven or never proven is usually referred to as "Pseudo-Science".

Last edited by Ken61; 05/25/15 09:28 PM.

I prefer wood to plastic, leather to nylon, waxed cotton to Gore-Tex, and split bamboo to graphite.
Chuck H #404663 05/26/15 12:53 AM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Yes Ken, I have a joke.

A girl went to a tattoo parlor to get a tattoo. The tattoo guy says, "Can I help you?" and she says, "Yes, I'd like to get a tattoo."

The guy says, "That's what I do... I do tattoos. What kind of tattoo would you like?" She says, "I'd like a tattoo of Elvis Presley right here on the inside of my thigh."

The guy says, "I can do that, but you'll need to disrobe completely from the waist down." She is reluctant about this, but he reassures her that he is a true professional, and any clothing would interfere with his artistry. So she removed her jeans and panties and sat in the chair and spread her legs.

The tatto guy went to work, and after about four hours, he said, "Well, I'm all done. What do you think?" The girl looked at the picture on the inside of her thigh and said, "Who the hell is that?" The tattoo guy said, "Why that's Elvis Presley." She told him it looked nothing like Elvis Presley, and refused to pay. He said, "I've been working on you for four hours and that looks exactly like Elvis. You have to pay me."

They argued back and forth, and finally the guy said, "Look, I'll do your other thigh. I guarantee it will look like Elvis, or it's on me." She agreed, and he went to work on the other thigh, this time paying extra close attention to fine details and working right off of a photo of Elvis. After another four hours, he proudly said, "Well, I'm all done. What do you think of this one?"

She looked at the inside of her other thigh and said, "Who the hell is that? He said, "Why that's Elvis Presley. The first one looks exactly like Elvis Presley, and this one looks even more like Elvis Presley." Again, she said it looked nothing like Elvis, and refused to pay him. Again they argued over payment. He said to her, "Listen, I'll get someone off the street to judge those tattoos and if they think either or both look like Elvis, you pay me. If not, the job is free." She agreed to this.

The tattoo guy went outside and grabbed the first guy who happened by, a staggering drunk. He said, "Hey buddy, I need you to come in here and judge some pictures." The drunk staggered in behind him, and the tattoo guy pointed toward the girl sitting in the chair with her legs spread, and said to him, "Can you recognize those pictures sir?"

The drunk squinted and studied and waved his finger toward the girl and said, "I don't know who in hell the two twins are. But the guy in the middle is Willie Nelson!"

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Ken61 #404674 05/26/15 08:14 AM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Ken61
It is clearly the teaching of religious dogma, and is blatantly unconstitutional.

I can see how teaching anything Muslim related could be deemed unconstitutional and morally wrong in the USA but how could teaching Christianity in our schools be unconstitutional when our Constitution was based on Christianity ?

Chuck H #404676 05/26/15 08:52 AM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Teaching Christian Morality, based on the Constitutional philosophy of Individual Freedom and Equality is not unconstitutional. Teaching the faith-based religious dogma as the basis is. It has to be framed in a philosophical context, rather than being framed in the context of mythology. Again, it's the point of the resulting subjective morality, not the specific dogma.

It's easy within the context of a Comparative Religion class. The Christian philosophy of Individual Freedom and Equality easily wins out.

I prefer wood to plastic, leather to nylon, waxed cotton to Gore-Tex, and split bamboo to graphite.
Chuck H #404677 05/26/15 08:52 AM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Q: What do you name a dog with no legs?

A: It doesn't matter, he won't come when he is called, anyway.

Best,
Ted

HomelessjOe #404679 05/26/15 09:19 AM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Atheism, theism or Islamism are protected similarly under our constitutions, Joe. Those who share the ideal of a free and democratic society cannot favour one over another. Ken knows this, and is quibbling.

All his artful casuistry comes from imagining a society where individuals do as they please, including paying taxes according to their whims. Anything else is an imposition, theft with violence of his citizenship.

He has never claimed, to his credit, that his notions are possible.

Chuck H #404681 05/26/15 09:38 AM
Chuck H Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

With all the baiting and fishing going on here, surely doublegunshop will flounder.

Last edited by Chuck H; 05/26/15 09:39 AM.
Chuck H #404685 05/26/15 10:11 AM
Sidelock
Sidelock

I dropped out of my communism course because of lousy Marx.

King Brown #404686 05/26/15 10:20 AM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: King Brown
Atheism, theism or Islamism are protected similarly under our constitutions, Joe. Those who share the ideal of a free and democratic society cannot favour one over another. Ken knows this, and is quibbling.

All his artful casuistry comes from imagining a society where individuals do as they please, including paying taxes according to their whims. Anything else is an imposition, theft with violence of his citizenship.
He has never claimed, to his credit, that his notions are possible.

Typical attempt at oversimplification.

Again, the Statist, Sociopathic response attempting to provide the false alternatives as either Totalitarian, Religious Statism or Anarchy.

Constitutionally limited government is the answer.

In my experience, and I look for these types of discussions, is that your average "Atheist" is really an anti-christian, statist, religious sociopath. Always ready to sociopathically inflict their dogma on their fellow Free and Equal citizens. Bill Maher is a prime example, but it's easy to apply to any Democrat that calls themselves an Atheist.

Perhaps it's vanity on my part, but I really enjoy asserting these points to them, watching their heads spin around and their hair burst into flames is really amusing...

Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.