April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
1 members (Jtplumb), 1,033 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,483
Posts545,256
Members14,410
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

bake a wedding cake for a gay couple how come drug companies can't be fined for refusing to sell drugs that will be used for lethal injection?

Both activities are legal. Both refusals are matters of conscience.

I am glad to be here.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Very good point Mike!!
Jim

The 2nd Amendment IS an unalienable right.
Sidelock
Sidelock

I can understand a bit better if an item for sale is an off the shelf, preexisting product. If it's a one off item or service with a critical due date, I don't understand how someone can be compelled to perform. What if someones conscience is clear, but they're on pins and needles for fear of being sued or having a protest outside the front door of their business.

Can all people be expected to manage unrelated pressure and distractions, real or perceived, and do good work. I wonder if a years past due stocking job will switch on best quality, speedy work if a gunsmith got a message on their phone that the customer was coming out of the closet.

Sidelock
Sidelock

The keyword is "Christian". Look how Christian Russia run by Christian leader Putin is treated by the Western Media. Whoever opposes those on top is systematically attacked or ignored. Remember Ron Paul?

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Jagermeister
The keyword is "Christian". Look how Christian Russia run by Christian leader Putin is treated by the Western Media. Whoever opposes those on top is systematically attacked or ignored. Remember Ron Paul?

Hi PJ:

That all went over my head.

I suppose I should have elaborated more. I meant under US law why is one business fined for refusing to sell a product for reasons of conscience and the other goes unscathed? How come Texas or Oklahoma is not fining Merck or Eli Lilly or the other drug companies for withholding their products because they object to their use in executions on moral grounds?

The Christian bakers were in California I believe. But certainly the big drug companies have employees in death penalty states. Maybe they have facilities too.

Last edited by AmarilloMike; 04/25/15 08:48 PM.

I am glad to be here.
Sidelock
Sidelock

The liberty, justice and pursuit of happiness is much easier to realize for some then it is for others. It favors those that have wealth, influence and means plus know how to wield it.

Sidelock
Sidelock

The liberty, justice and pursuit of happiness is much easier to realize for some then it is for others. It favors those that have wealth, influence and means plus know how to wield it.

Didn't you just tell us in another thread that the advantage goes to those who do not work, and have time to riot, loot, and burn businesses?

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Sidelock
Sidelock

"Pursuit of Happiness" is now defined by the Democrats as receiving other people's stuff that has been extorted by the government in order to buy your vote. That's the real advantage that people have. It's much easier to consider yourself an entitled victim rather than to embrace the concept of equality and understand that you're not entitled to be an inflictive sociopath.

Democrat politicians know it's easier to destroy the private sector in order to create dependency to buy votes, rather than the economic conditions that result in independency, meaning that they would no longer be needed by the members of their "victim cults".

Last edited by Ken61; 04/26/15 07:57 AM.

I prefer wood to plastic, leather to nylon, waxed cotton to Gore-Tex, and split bamboo to graphite.
Sidelock
Sidelock

The "entitled victim" syndrome can bring big gains. Those Christian bakers, so called, should be able to sell cakes to whoever they want and not sell them to the ones they do not want to business with. Considering where they're from such policy does not make good business sense, but hey it's supposed to be a free country.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Yes indeed- recall the "money movers" back when old LBJ declared his infamous "War on Poverty" scam-- lots of $ in that poverty business-
The "entitled victim" syndrome can bring big gains.

"The field is the touchstone of the man"..
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.