Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 23 1 2 3 22 23
#400351 04/09/15 04:46 AM
keith Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

A couple days ago, ed good made the claim that I am an anti-gun mole. That's a pretty interesting charge coming from someone who frequently comes here to tell us how he personally believes that our own Right to Keep and Bear Arms should be restricted, and how he feels that extreme Anti-Gun politicians should be elected to high office in the U.S.

It is tedious and time consuming to go back through old threads to keep track of his anti-gun rhetoric, so I am beginning this thread as a convenient one-stop online archive of ed good's anti-gun statements. Please feel free to add any that I might miss. Once they are here, he can't go back and delete them and pretend that he supports the Second Amendment.

Originally Posted By: ed good
too many people in this country possess too many semi automatic firearms...including the police.

elementary statistical theory and the law of probability indicates that the only meaningful solution to the growing number of misuses of that class of firearms is to reduce the number of semi automatic firearms now in wide distribution nationwide.

reducing the amount of anything will reduce its misuse.
Post # 400299

an mikie, et al...

this is not an anti gun suggestion.

however, it is a pro common sense suggestion.
Post # 400300

craig: its about too many guns that can put out too many bullets in too short a time...we are over gunned and are now paying the price.
Post # 400310

geo: there are those who are here under false names and pretenses that post far more damaging anti gun stuff here than i do...

if one were looking for a definition of the term "gun nut", just read some of the wacky, so called pro gun posts here.

i am calling for a common sense discussion of the suggestion that we have too many dangerous weapons in the hands of too many people.

the question i ask, is this:

have we reached the saturation point of being over armed?

as responsible gun owners, we should be able to have that conversation here. but, will the so called pro gun fanatics here allow it?
Post # 400316

Thanks ed. If Obama, Joe Biden, or Michael Bloomberg typed in all lower case letters, we might think these words came from them. We have plenty of laws to keep guns out of the wrong hands. For those of us who are law abiding citizens, we have the Second Amendment, and do not wish to discuss your idiotic notions that it is subject to any further infringement by you or anyone else.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

keith Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Oh yes, I don't want to forget to include anti-hunting and pro-PETA posts by ed good, since most of us use firearms to hunt wild game. Dedicated anti-gunners will attack any and all uses of guns whether it be for recreation, sport hunting, or personal defense.

here is one definition:

People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA) is the largest animal rights organization in the world, with more than 3 million members and supporters.

PETA focuses its attention on the four areas in which the largest numbers of animals suffer the most intensely for the longest periods of time: on factory farms, in the clothing trade, in laboratories, and in the entertainment industry. We also work on a variety of other issues, including the cruel killing of beavers, birds, and other “pests” as well as cruelty to domesticated animals.

PETA works through public education, cruelty investigations, research, animal rescue, legislation, special events, celebrity involvement, and protest campaigns.

Read more: http://www.peta.org/about-peta/#ixzz2nGfdrBVK

don't sound so bad to me? what do you think?

and here is what Wikipedia has to say about peta:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PETA

again, whats the problem some have with this organization?

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Sidelock
Sidelock

we law abiding citizens are guaranteed the right to keep and bear arms, as per the second amendment to the u.s. constitution...

however, long standing laws at the local, state and federal level do restrict and prohibit our right to keep and bear certain classes of arms.

if society, via our law makers, deem it necessary to restrict or prohibit our possession of certain classes of arms, then every good citizen should obey the law for the good of the majority.

and if some here wish to discuss further restriction and prohibition of certain classes of arms here, then why not?

what are you afraid of?

keep it simple and keep it safe...
Sidelock
Sidelock

and for those who argue there should be no restriction or prohibition of any class of arms, anywhere...well that is a rather selfish, self focused and unrealistic view, in my opinion.

they ignore the rights of others in our society who may hold views different than there own; plus they ignore the advances in weapons technology and proliferation in recent years.

to claim that the second amendment is an unalienable right is one thing... but to claim the second amendment guarantees our right to possess any arm we want is delusional?

and to demonize here those who wish to discuss controversial topics here, is a weak attempt at demagoguery.

Sidelock
Sidelock

some here are hung up on the interpretation of the second amendment.

a review of the interpretation of the first amendment seems to be in order.

lets start with this:

Justice Louis Brandeis wrote several dissents in the 1920s upholding free speech claims. here is one:

" Those who won our independence ... believed that freedom to think as you will and to speak as you think are means indispensable to the discovery and spread of political truth; that without free speech and assembly discussion would be futile; that with them, discussion affords ordinarily adequate protection against the dissemination of noxious doctrine; that the greatest menace to freedom is an inert people; that public discussion is a political duty; and that this should be a fundamental principle of the American government."

Last edited by ed good; 04/09/15 08:25 AM.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Good thread,
the solution is to ignore his babble-he has mental issues and need the "attention" of the internet.
I do agree he Ed Good,is antigun-perhaps that helps explain his "flawed" (non compliant ) business model-sell tarted up guns to pro gun buyers,taking advantage of "newbies" and scare them away ?
Bloomberg would be happy with the plan!

Hillary For Prison 2018
Sidelock
Sidelock

did i say the word demagoguery?

look what surfaced...works better than a crow call...

and least others forget, 1535 and counting...

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewUserFeedback.aspx?User=128526

plus, now that spring is in the air, new consignment inventory is coming in...take a look...

Last edited by ed good; 04/09/15 08:53 AM.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I hate to admit it but a week or two ago while looking at the Gunbroker site, I saw a gun that I could refinish into nice shooter and fill a space in my safe.
Sent a couple emails asking about the gun...and never got a answer.
After seeing these past posts by Mr. Good, I feel that I must thank him for not answering.
I would much rather spend my money, someplace else.

Last edited by Gary R; 04/09/15 10:02 AM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

"After seeing these past posts by Mr. Good, I feel that I must thank him for not answering.
I would much rather spend my money, someplace else."

thankfully many others do the same,a "search" on any of the common search engines reveals his anti gun,anti hunt and anti sanityrants.

Hillary For Prison 2018
Sidelock
Sidelock

and for those who argue there should be no restriction or prohibition of any class of arms, anywhere...well that is a rather selfish, self focused and unrealistic view, in my opinion....

....is a weak attempt at demagoguery.

'Any' huh ed, that's whole lot of them, eh. What's left to discuss when you selfishly and unrealistically fabricate a boogey man that does not exist. Don't attempt demagoguery, respect hobbies.

Page 1 of 23 1 2 3 22 23

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.