April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
2 members (Jerry G, Oberndorf), 992 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,468
Posts545,134
Members14,409
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: SKB
....Funny thing is, all the average person cares about is how he ran the country. Not something I'm going to loose a bunch of sleep over myself. Maybe Fox news could run a special and try to change the American public's view of him. Rock Star status? Well he certainly had the approval rating of one after the failed impeachment attempt, 73%....

....As too perfect clarity, you have certainly shown yours. All problems come from one direction correct? And we all know which way that is....

Maybe now we're getting some where. Funny thing is, all the average person would care about Nixon or Reagan is...how they ran the country. Ooops, not so. Maybe not, but you do remember how desperately the average person was running away from the carter economy. Does any average person care about Iran-contra now except someone who's anti Reagan for ideological reason?

How about this, since you're belittling Fox News, there wouldn't be a whole lot of view changing that they could do for you, is there? Maybe, ask yourself if you don't have the rose colored glasses on when you sit down in front of the tube. Maybe your favorites are only there to 'change the American public view', more opinion comedy than news, eh? I am glad that you don't feel Fox is there to change the public's view, please don't try to change them.

If I can dig up some poll that says both Nixon and Reagan had times of very high approval ratings, will you drop the iran/watergate mantra and complement the effectiveness of their policy. Or, I'd understand if you wouldn't feel like it. Regardless of your fierce independence, you are saying that you stand polar opposite to your stereotype of me. Sure it's word games, but you seem to say, all problems come from one direction, and it's not from your direction, right.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: craigd
Regardless of your fierce independence, you are saying that you stand polar opposite to your stereotype of me. Sure it's word games, but you seem to say, all problems come from one direction, and it's not from your direction, right.

"Fierce independence"? That's an awfully nice way to describe a so-called gun guy who consistently supports and defends anti-gun Democrat politicians. And especially one who makes a living working on guns. When you speak of Stevie's direction craigd, it would appear that is pretty far Left.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

SKB Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

No more comments about your heroes and legends Craig, I promised.

We began talking about corruption and the current Hillary scandal. I believe you mentioned how she will get special treatment in the MSM. That prompted my Fox comment which seems to have stung very deeply. No chance of me challenging old Rupert, he has way more bucks than I do. My uncle knew him very well in the 1980's. He had only good things to say about Rupert. Me, I tend to get my news from a variety a tainted sources, none of which are on the Television. I do not get TV reception where I live so have to read or listen to the radio. Old fashioned, I know. I tend to read my news from the BBC, the AFP and an assortment of other news outlets.

I am hardly saying I am polar opposite from you Craig, apparently you can not read. What I have said multiple times, and for some reason you seem to need to twist, is that both parties are loaded with corruption and each has its problems. It is much a problem with Robert Mendez as it is with Aaron Shock. I said from the beginning Hillary would end up testifying in front of congress over this and you somehow construe that as a defense of her? What kind of logic is that? I would think we would have much common ground in actuality but the premise that one party is somehow free of graft and corruption while the other is relatively saintly is not one I'm buying into. In that respect I remain firmly and fiercely independent, thank you for noticing. Once again....the problems come from both parties, both directions. Twist away......

http://www.bertramandco.com/
Booking African hunts, firearms import services

Here for the meltdowns
Sidelock
Sidelock

No more comments about your heroes and legends Craig....

....apparently you can not read. What I have said multiple times, and for some reason you seem to need to twist, is that both parties are loaded with corruption....

....I said from the beginning Hillary would end up testifying....

....the premise that one party is somehow free of graft and corruption while the other is relatively saintly is not one I'm buying into. In that respect I remain firmly and fiercely independent, thank you for noticing. Once again....the problems come from both parties, both directions. Twist away......

I know I can't read very well, thanks for bringing it up. So, and I've done this with King, I take out my ruler and measure screen inches of bash R's and screen inches of D bashing, and go figure it just doesn't add up to, 'they both do it'. You'd think one leg was a whole foot shorter than the other.

When it comes to great restoration projects, heck, you're one of my heroes. I think you read a bit too much into amount of tingle I get up my leg when I hear Reagan's name.

In a relative way, I've never said the R's are immune or that they walk on water, did I. I have said and firmly feel that the R's just don't have the cajones to be as corrupt as the D's. Maybe it's because of, ta dah, media watch dogs. How else would we find out that an Il. congressman may, yuk yuk, have misspent 40k. You do know that those same 'media watchdogs' will sit on the sidelines heaping praise on a retiring harry reid. You know, the same reid that entered the senate with very modest means, and will retire an extremely wealthy influence peddler. Where did he find the time after all he was serving his country.

SKB Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

I brought up your reading comprehension because you have twisted what I said about Hillary several times in this thread. The interpretation you have of what I said was simply incorrect.

I do not feel that talking about political history and the scandals that occurred is bashing. Are you simply bashing when you talk about Hillary and her cleaned up server? I do not think you are, I could be wrong. It seems to me that you are legitimately concerned that corruption and a cover up may have occurred. The common thread that started the comparisons between today's events and those under past administrations is the destruction of documentation. Hindering Federal investigations and destroying documentation is something I think is unethical and corrupt no matter who does it.

You might be surprised about my actual feelings about Reagan as well. He did a pretty darn good job through some rocky times both domestically and internationally. A long way from the failed Presidencies of recent times. I hardly agreed with all of his policies, but then again, I can say the same thing about ever single President I have lived under. Overall I think he did very well.

As far as the R's being victims of the MSM, I have a hard time with that, especially with Fox News being the highest rated news program in the country. That would make them very much a part of the MSM in my mind and they clearly support the R's. Seems like there is plenty of watchdogs on both sides of the aisle in our highly connected, information at your finger tips world. I'm not going to defend old Harry, why would I? But I do not see the Ill. congressman as a victim either. Maybe he should not have mis-spent those funds and then posted the pictures on insta-gram.

http://www.bertramandco.com/
Booking African hunts, firearms import services

Here for the meltdowns
Sidelock
Sidelock

I brought up your reading comprehension because you have twisted what I said about Hillary several times in this thread. The interpretation you have of what I said was simply incorrect.

I do not feel that talking about political history and the scandals that occurred is bashing. Are you simply bashing when you talk about Hillary and her cleaned up server? I do not think you are, I could be wrong. It seems to me that you are legitimately concerned that corruption and a cover up may have occurred....

....As far as the R's being victims of the MSM, I have a hard time with that, especially with Fox News being the highest rated news program in the country. That would make them very much a part of the MSM in my mind and they clearly support the R's. Seems like there is plenty of watchdogs on both sides of the aisle in our highly connected, information at your finger tips world....

I may have done some twisting, but I thought way back in the beginning, I had the opinion that hill would not be either held responsible or meaningfully questioned about her actions as sec-o-state, didn't mention her dem political activism. Then, something started getting twisted about heroes.

The interesting thing I thought about the twisting, was that the only impeachment ever was excused, very quickly, because of popularity polls. Maybe it is not legitimate to be concerned about corruption, only popularity? Bringing up history is not bashing, but isn't history a subjective record of the past, certainly open to other points of view. More to my point, I felt you were bashing R's because our history lesson was hand selected from only one side of the aisle. One sided repetition is likely intentional for an agenda.

If you ever have a chance to watch some Fox, every now and then they'll mention that they carefully time left and right wing responses, and try to split things evenly. I'm not a religious viewer, but my spin on it, they do not 'clearly support the R's'. But, I do notice it strikes a nerve with libs when the policy and tactics of each side are directly compared.

Quickly back to hill, Fox and the MSM. You mentioned hill will be grilled and let the chips fall where they may. I have repeatedly said in twisting ways, not good enough. My prediction, she doesn't show. Her first choice will be a carefully selected MSM campaign, she'll sit down for prepackaged 'interviews'. Do you suppose Fox will be on that A-list, a coequal, or will they be kicked off the campaign reporter pool like they were kicked off when bo was campaigning.

hill cut her last book signing tour short when she started getting more and more unscripted questions about her actions. If you're a fan of history and you're content with letting the chips fall, then this person would be a-okay as our next pres. She did the tour as sec-o-state for resume building, well that and to solicit compensation for influence. How about that for not too quick.

Sidelock
Sidelock

The interpretation you have of what I said was simply incorrect.

Funny how a liberal idiOt will keep dog paddling in the cesspool they created all the while telling themselves how great they smell...

You smell like pure D chit boy.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.