April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
6 members (Lloyd3, Hugh Lomas, LeeS, earlyriser, KDGJ, 1 invisible), 873 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,467
Posts545,114
Members14,409
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
James M Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

I suspect it will be difficult to outdo the Clinton portrait with the Monica blue dress but this is a good candidate!
Jim

The 2nd Amendment IS an unalienable right.
Sidelock
Sidelock

I'm more concerned about few kilograms of highly virulent Clostridium botulinum. Last time several billion spores (tiny amount) were released accidentally the "cloud of death" killed several hundred people.

Sidelock
Sidelock

The last time a nuclear cloud was released over Japan it killed several hundred thousand people........Iran and Islamic terrorists would like nothing better than to duplicate that on Israel and the west.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Right now we are negotiating with the Persian State thus those people can not be attacked. When not if the negotiations will fail Israelis will eliminate the threat.

What we did to the Japanese was war crime of staggering proportions.

Sidelock
Sidelock

So we see a photo of the legendary "Bagger Vance O'Bammy" with a fine Walter Hagen style follow through- None of our golf nutz former Potus(s) ever let a overcast day spoil their day on the links-wonder if O'Bammy got Fuzzy Zoeller to caddy for him??

"The field is the touchstone of the man"..
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Jagermeister
I'm more concerned about few kilograms of highly virulent Clostridium botulinum. Last time several billion spores (tiny amount) were released accidentally the "cloud of death" killed several hundred people.

I would not worry about terrorist unleashing several billion botulinim spores Jagermeister. If I was you, I would stock up on several billion rounds of. 300 H&H Magnum ammunition and shoot those damned spores. Or maybe your president Obama will kill those spores with his golf clubs.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Jagermeister;
My father was a member of the 6th Marine division in WWII and participated in several of those island campaigns....he was released from a hospital ship in time to serve as part of the honor guard on deck of the Missouri during the Japanese surrender ceremony. He always said if we hadn't dropped the bomb, he would have been sent back into action and they would have had to invade and fight their way completely across Japan as the Japanese would never surrender as long as their living god on earth the Emperor refused to surrender. Only the thought of total annihilation of his people induced him to surrender. You conveniently forget the Japanese attacked us even as they were pretending to seek peace; much the same as the Muslims believe deceit is part of Islam. Bombing Japan was not a war crime, it saved more lives (American and Japanese) than a bitter fight throughout Japan would have. Save your liberal bullsh%% for someone else, I spent too much time listening to the old man's tales of Japanese cruelty and war crimes. He was there; I doubt you were.

Sidelock
Online Content
Sidelock

The only way a thinking individual could consider the use of atomic weapons to be a war crime against the Japanese is if we had enforced a blockade, cutting off all imports or exports from the island after the war, and allowing the Japanese to starve.

Which, did not happen.

After the war ended, the Japanese economy, infrastructure, cities, and agricultural production were rebuilt, using American money and know-how. We did not go in and till salt into the soil of their farms, we helped them back into the 20th century, and resumed shipments of oil, suspended prior to the war.

I'm always surprised that those who believe the decision to drop the bomb was a war crime, seldom are aware of the post war history of the US and Japan, and often don't have a grasp of some names of infamous places during the war.

Places like Nanking, Corregidor, Bataan, Palawan, Pearl Harbor.

Places where actual war crimes were commited, in extremely brutal fashion.

Best,
Ted

Sidelock
Sidelock

Gary/Ted,

I agree completely!

My dad was on a ship prepping for the invasion when the bombs were dropped. It always amazes me when I hear someone claim the dropping of the bombs equated to war crimes. A definate lack of knowledge on the consequences of the alternative course (invasion)and the Japanese mindset at the time, with Japanese women and children prepping for the invasion.

Maybe you can enlighten yourself jagermeister on what the actual Japanese mindset was at the time and it's not a stretch to imagine the consequences of an invasion.

http://histclo.com/essay/war/ww2/cou/jap/inv/w2ij-ket.html

Last edited by Cameron; 03/07/15 08:50 AM.
James M Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Gentlemen:
You're either overlooking or forgetting a main point here. Libtards could care less about the truth and when faced with it shrug it off. When you bring up Japanese war crimes their usual response was "Well Americans did this as well" It's the typical Libtard copout using the "everybody did it" argument. Of course in reality you can't begin to compare the cruelty of the Japs to Americans but to a Libtard it makes no difference.
That's why they're on my ignore list.
Jim

The 2nd Amendment IS an unalienable right.
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.