May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
4 members (AaronN, MattH, GETTEMANS, eightbore), 338 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,520
Posts545,755
Members14,419
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 10 of 10 1 2 8 9 10
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: SKB
....I guess maybe we both have very different views on world politics. The reasons you stated for war fall far short of what I would consider valid. How many others countries should we invade to gather intelligence Craig? I think we can do better as a country than that.

Very different views Steve, but that's ok. I'm not so sure we're fighting any country, but the threat of invasion should be on the table for any country that threatens the security of the US. We don't need to invade the entire middle east, just have strategic bases.

Now, nuts and bolts time, what can we do better as a country. I don't suspect we're better off likening a previous president to a stain, or by ignoring, out of sight out of mind, the iranian inconvenience. Since they're in the neighborhood, do you see iran as any sort of a regional or world problem.

SKB Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Sure I do Craig. I see the same in North Korea, and with the recent Russian aggression among other problem places in the world. I think invasion should be on the table as well, as a last resort.

I do not think invading countries to establish strategic bases is an ethical way forward for our country. If it is, how are we any different from the Russians? How many more countries need to be invaded to establish these much needed bases? If these bases were the true reason for us going to war, do you feel that the public should have been told or you OK with the WMD story? Is it possible that policies along those lines contribute to the feeling in the mid-east that the USA is promoting imperialism for its own benefit?

What can we do better as country? lets look real hard at last weekends quote by Mr. Paul again.

"I do think diplomacy is better than war."

That would be an excellent place to start.

http://www.bertramandco.com/
Booking African hunts, firearms import services

Here for the meltdowns
Sidelock
Sidelock

Too bad we can't all agree on a face of true evil because, at this point, America could really make good use of a scapegoat. We need something to blame for our problems.

People hold strong beliefs about what America is and we desperately want events to align with our ideals. Unfortunately, lots of stuff has gotten all fucked up lately. Stuff like Iraq. Suddenly views previously held as unquestionable are increasingly coming into doubt. This makes people upset and pissed. If I was an old man, looking upon what has become of my once great country, I too would be pissed. Then I would get very drunk.

We need something or someone to blame. Soros, Bush, Obama, Libtards, Neocons….whomever. Alternatively, some pretend all is well. I think King Brown tries to do the latter, and why not?

In the old days we’d burn a witch at the stake and all feel better. Now we just call each other stupid -or put them on the ignore list. Most of you would probably get along in real life.

Last edited by RyanF; 01/30/15 09:48 PM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: SKB
Sure I do Craig. I see the same in North Korea....

....the true reason for us going to war, do you feel that the public should have been told or you OK with the WMD story?....

....contribute to the feeling in the mid-east that the USA is promoting imperialism for its own benefit?

What can we do better as country? lets look real hard at last weekends quote by Mr. Paul again.

"I do think diplomacy is better than war."

That would be an excellent place to start.

North korea is an example I had thought about, relative peace and stability for some sixty years....by planting a US military base on the DMZ. What a waste eh, but then again maybe preferable to letting Gen. Mac. roll into china, then again maybe a huge mistake not to let him roll.

WMD's, inconvenient, but they're there and some are accounted for. Is it enough, maybe not, but it's a reason that has been shown to be true, even if not agreeable with the left or right.

I'm not too worried about what the world 'thought' about us. Do you think they'd attack NY, oh wait a minute they had already done that. Best scenario, it's the video.

If you look back, as distasteful as it is, the un, meaning the negotiators that can fix anything, passed umpteenth resolutions against iraq with a truck load of negotiating. You're not putting words in my mouth that diplomacy shouldn't be tried first, or second, or third, etc. Do you have an answer for when's enough. Paul's an isolationist at all cost, he probably wouldn't let English doubles ship.

Page 10 of 10 1 2 8 9 10

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.