Craig, the operator didn't sneak away, hoping to avoid being found out. It was common practice and endorsed by that railroad's management. Leaving a running train unattended for 8 hours while the lone operator slept.

I said "marginally sufficient". As in not bad but not what they should be when transporting highly combustible products like Bakken crude as opposed to say....lumber. I said "common sense" too! As in what group of idiots thinks that behavior , that night, with that train and that cargo thought what they were doing was appropriately safe?

You think maybe a second operator should have been assigned? Maybe???

I'm not much for the nanny state but the state does have some regulatory responsibilities. Not well done in this case, in these circumstances.

Craig, frankly it was Ken's comments about the exemplary safety record of the rail industry following his earlier cynicism about the combustibility of Bakken crude and Jim backing him up by way of asserting that its some kind of libtard safety nazi conspiracy that got my goat. None of that shit is true or appropriate when discussing this case.

The world cries out for such: he is needed & needed badly- the man who can carry a message to Garcia