May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
1 members (R. Glenz), 486 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,501
Posts545,497
Members14,414
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#385343 11/24/14 11:29 PM
texraid Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=451777013

Figured that would get everyone's attention along the lines of some of Fred's posts.

Any opinions on this one? Seems like someone got a good deal.

Art

Sidelock
Sidelock

Some elements of Sedgley style there. Be interesting to know if it's marked in the bolt track.

Sidelock
Sidelock

That's a Noske scope and mount, with the extra long eye relief which allows the scope to be positioned far enough forward that it clears the bolt handle, thus obviating the need to alter it for low scope.

The scope and mount are easily worth what the whole rifle brought. A case of the seller not knowing what he was selling.

LRF Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Fred, you want to speak up?

Sidelock
Sidelock

Look's like the cat is out of the bag.
Yes, I did the buy-it-now on this. It is at my dealer's
and Story, you are right, it is a Sedgley, my dealer
says that it is marked Sedgley on the barrel.
XAUSA, when I first saw the rifle on gunbroker, I thought,
wow that is a Noske scope and mount and that was the basis
for the buy-it-now decision, I knew it wouldn't last long.
The next day, it dawned on me that it was probably a Sedgley.
The seller, I suspect, works on black rifles and probably took in
as a partial payment for some tricked out AR-15 and just wanted
to move it quickly. He seemed like a nice guy when I spoke with
him on the phone. My dealer lives some distance away, and
our schedules are messed up by the holiday. I hope to pick it up
relatively soon and will give a full report with pictures.

I thought a lot about Michael this past weekend, how much
he, his books, this forum and the friends I've made here have
encouraged me to pursue fine bolt action firearms. I reread
the chapter on his Hutton, Chapter 18 of Volume II.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Young guys don't want Springfields and there are not enough of us old dudes around to make much of a dent in the market. There are lots of Model 12s and Springfield sporters just laying around out there because if it's not black or cammo it won't sell. A friend just amazed a group of young hunters by shooting a peep sighted Model 71 accurately at 300 yds.
It's different gun world than it was 15 years ago.

Anything Worth Doing is Worth Overdoing
Sidelock
Sidelock

great Score !

As soon as I saw the thread I figured it was that one Fred, so nice you got it !

Hillary For Prison 2018
LRF Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Sorry Fred but I couldn't pass up the reference to you in the start thread from Texraid. Laugh when I read that.
Anyway you deserve the congrats...you spend a lot of time looking and deserve a morsel every now and then.

Wait till we sometime tell them what you and I did together...LOL, my lips are sealed until you tell them more. smile

texraid Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Fred,
I should have known you got it, the master of dredging the internet finding collectible morsels from unsuspecting victims with pennies on the dollar.

"Young guys don't want Springfields and there are not enough of us old dudes around to make much of a dent in the market. There are lots of Model 12s and Springfield sporters just laying around out there because if it's not black or cammo it won't sell."

This brings up a more poignant subject. As Michael's collection has been scattered to the four winds I can't help but to think the next generation of buyers will not see the value as we do.

Art

Sidelock
Sidelock

"Aren't you gong to tell us about these auctions beforehand"
;> )
Congrats!

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.