April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
4 members (Roundsworth, gasgunner, SKB, Dan S. W.), 400 guests, and 7 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,443
Posts544,788
Members14,405
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Sidelock
Sidelock

Steve,

It's over and for the most part his stuff did not meet the low estimate. There were exceptions, with some items going over the high. I was fortunate and will be the caretaker for a while of lots 421 & 668, the Stoeger and the Singer (at least MP's best deductions) along with an interesting 1917 lot 698. That pricy S&W along with the first John Wills pistol made me nervous about things being high, the first batch of rifles were dead on as far as the estimated price and then it seems that they may have overestimated the MP association value. I cant see but how it couldnt have helped, but if you can second guess auctions, you are a better man than most. LOL

Did you know one of your 1877 Sharps was on Carol Watsons auction today? Brought $12,000 + fees to an onsite bidder.

Thaine

It ain't ignorance that does the most damage, it's knowing so derned much that ain't so! J. Billings
Sidelock
Sidelock

That was some S&W,I it was a 4-6K estimate too !
A redone Parker VHE 410 that was restocked that went for 18.5 (one of Stretch's)

It did seem as if a lot of the Petrov collection went below the low estimate,some when higher (334 @6k +)and some in between.
There were a lot of pre64 Win-many in the box(also from Alaska I think)they went pretty strong.
A couple of nice Rigby's the 416 went strong (lot 394 @25k).Not many attended lots of room in the gallery-had a whole row to myself,but the phones and internet were very active.

Hillary For Prison 2018
LRF Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

I wasn't in the mood to buy but did watch and thought the prices were quite reasonable which probably isn't the best for the family. Only time I wasn't watching was while I ran out to the gun store to pickup my new rifle that just arrived from Idaho. smile

If you just had a crystal "auction" ball

Sidelock
Sidelock

I haven't looked at the S&W that sold for so much, but I don't know that the Parker .410 was restocked. I think the Parker was original all the way. I was hoping to get it on the cheap based on the questionable description. It didn't work out, nor did my bid on the Owen .22 Remington. The value of the early 20th century Springfield sporting guns is an emotional thing, as is the guns' relationship to MP. I am one of those with those emotions, but I didn't buy a thing because I am gunned out. Bill Murphy

Sidelock
Sidelock

Bill,
here is the description from lot 220-if we are talking about the same Parker 410 (only 1 in that auction),stock and trigger guard redone:

http://www.amoskeagauction.com/104/220.html

" The stock is a marvelously crafted replacement as the original stock was a round knob pistolgrip. The triggerguard was flawlessly lengthened with the serial number hand engraved in the factory style with zigzag border. The watertable of this 000 frame features the milled lightening cuts. The stock is beautifully fit and formed and is correct in all regards including the perfectly fit doghead buttplate and shield shaped monogram plate in toeline."

Hillary For Prison 2018
Sidelock
Sidelock

While many of MP's rifles ended up under the low estimate, a couple went above the high estimate. It was my luck that both lots I was bidding on ended up over the high estimate (420 and 249) - though I think I got one of them.

To Terry's point, I can't decide if concentrating all the rifles in this one auction or spreading the wealth over a couple of auctions would have generated more dollars for the estate.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I believe most rifles were valued by Amoskeag according to the Petrov connection. My spectator's interest will be to see when they are offered for resale (and many will be) what that connection,proves to be worth.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Good morning from Manchester, NH !

It seemed to be all about condition with the single-shot rifles yesterday. There were a handful of smooth gray guns with excellent bores that went for too cheap. There were a few notable exception .

The pre-war Colt double action revolvers were the stars of yesterday and understandably so given the condition and rarity.

Yes, many of Michael's rifles sold slightly below the low estimates BUT they all sold for higher than Michael's estimates in his personal inventory list which was not provided to Amoskeag. They set the estimates themselves.

The crowd is much thinner than I expected with maybe more than half of the bids coming from phone bidders, absentee bidders and the interne . There are a few dealers in the audience but they are buying well known makers and are not bidding high.

Stay tuned for Day2

... Joe

LRF Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Thanks for the update

Sidelock
Sidelock

Thanks for the update Joe. I was really pleased to get one of Michaels rifles.

Good luck on day #2.

Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.