April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
3 members (SKB, Southern Sport, 1 invisible), 1,020 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,467
Posts545,116
Members14,409
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 13 14
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

The first post on the original thread timed out so I couldn't edit it anymore in order to add new pledges. Everything in bold and underlined I copied from the first post on the original thread

I am starting a pledge drive to pay to have ed permanently banned. As you make your pledge I will edit this post and add your name and pledge amount. When the amount seems about right I will report this post to Dave and see if he will make the deal with us.

AmarilloMike $100
craigd (June 27) $10
Geo. Newbern (June 27) $100 July 9 George retracted his $100 pledge
Stan $100
craigd (June 28) $10
keith $100
Geo. Newbern (June 30) $10
Julio $20
MarketHunter $20

AmarilloMike (November 12) $100.
CraigD (November 12) $20

Here is a link to the original thread:

http://www.doublegunshop.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=370730&page=all

Last edited by AmarilloMike; 11/12/14 10:31 PM.

I am glad to be here.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Mike,
I am about an hour away from that clown Ed in Francistown ,what kinda money we talking if I go down there,take his damn CAPS KEY and jam it down his throat ?

grin

Hillary For Prison 2018
Sidelock
Sidelock

Just curious, Mike.

What's the "about right" bribe to get Dave to violate his principles?

You embarrass yourselves by believing Dave could be bought off at any price.

You insult Dave by asking him to "make the deal with us" if the bribe's "about right."

Is this the way you do business in your communities, at work, places of worship, clubs and organizations?

And Dave, why is it always the money for a commissioned beat-up?

Sidelock
Sidelock

I can't remember exactly, but I think I sent Dave $20 when that original thread fell off the first page.

I'll pledge another 20 bucks, yea I know real big spender, when this one fades to page two.

Edit to add, King it's a punks game, take it easy, catch your breath, all this is, is big finance trampling on the little guy, what's your price?

Last edited by craigd; 11/12/14 10:08 PM.
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

King, right or wrong, here is what I think and why I am doing what I am doing.

ed's primary purpose here is to bait and troll. He takes great delight in provoking someone into a rant. He dislikes us and everybody else. He doesn't give a damn about any of the issues he trolls with, just that he can find someone to engage in a hateful exchange. I have seen the "just ignore him" advice many times. But there are so many people here that someone (and sometimes many) rises to the bait.

I have no idea if Dave Weber will take money to ban ed for good. But neither does ed. Since Dave has suspended ed three times it doesn't seem a far stretch of the imagination to me that one day he would get fed up and ban him for good. And the pledge money would certainly help Dave with the website. So, in my opinion, there is only an upside and no downside to the pledge drive.

I have always appreciated your manners and your ability to disagree agreeably. And it is my intent to disagree with you agreeably in this post.

Best,

Mike

Last edited by AmarilloMike; 11/12/14 10:30 PM.

I am glad to be here.
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Craig I added your pledge to the list.

Thanks!

I am glad to be here.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Thanks, Mike. I know of your sincerity. I'd be corrupted by not speaking against what I consider gross unfairness. I wouldn't make a peep if Ed was banned temporarily or permanently for good reason. A bribe, a perversion to procure a dishonest action, dishonours the bribers and Dave by imputing he may accept it. That's a serious downside to me. Best, King

Last edited by King Brown; 11/12/14 10:44 PM.
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

You have chosen to call it a bribe. I see it more akin to paying the proctologist to fix my hemorrhoids. They add nothing and certainly take away from the enjoyment of my day. So if it works great, if it doesn't nothing lost.

I am glad to be here.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: King Brown
....I'd be corrupted by not speaking against what I consider gross unfairness....

Hey King, I can't help but point out the hypocrisy. This one sticks in your craw, why doesn't real life.

I challenge you to pledge $20 , no Canadian, to Dave if ed survives this vicious attack. What say you.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Sartre said to name something changes it. You must come to grips with it. I've named what the pledge is. I wouldn't attach my name to it in any way.

Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 13 14

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.