April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
4 members (Hugh Lomas, SKB, Lloyd3, eightbore), 219 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,463
Posts545,052
Members14,409
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 10 of 44 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 43 44
Sidelock
Sidelock

Yesterday, I spent the day wandering the lonely, grass covered, Southeast Idaho hills in search of Sharptail Grouse with my dog Gentry and some friends. We walked a lot of miles and only found one Sharpie and a pheasant. It was still a great day hunting beautiful country with friends and great dogs. Here is Gentry and I with our very first Sharptail Grouse. My 100 plus year old Belgian double sure works for me. One shot and one bird.

Sidelock
Online Content
Sidelock

AWESOME
Thank you for sharing, sweet

USAF RET 1971-95 [Linked Image from jpgbox.com]
Sidelock
Sidelock

It might be the angle but the barrels look rather short what length are they? Lovely photo's in the spirit of the day

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Demonwolf444
It might be the angle but the barrels look rather short what length are they? Lovely photo's in the spirit of the day

This old William Read & Sons of Boston 12 gauge Belgian Guild Gun has unmolested 26 inch barrels choked cylinder and full. It is great combination of specs for a side by side designed for hunting in a thick grouse coverts behind a setter.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: GLS
Demonwolf, nice job on the old gun and welcome aboard to the site.
Greg, I am suffering a reoccurring dose of gun envy every time I see your Blanch.
Oskar, nice bag of ducks with the Robust.
George, pass me a duck. It looks great. Billy just got back from Saskatchewan with a load of duck, too. I need to put a Canadian waterfowl hunt on my Ducket list. Gil

Gil, you are in luck. The Bell family of General Mills fame just put their place in Manitoba up for sale. It's next door to mine. A true bargain of a hunting retreat at only 7.5 million. Mind you, that's Canadian dollars so it would be cheap in real money.

George, when you say no sharpies, was that becasue you didn't hunt them or that there weren't any?

The world cries out for such: he is needed & needed badly- the man who can carry a message to Garcia
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: steve voss
My first ever ruff. On a hunt with wingshooter16.

Steve, did Mike get anything or was he just the gun bearer? LOL

The world cries out for such: he is needed & needed badly- the man who can carry a message to Garcia
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: canvasback
George, when you say no sharpies, was that becasue you didn't hunt them or that there weren't any?

The area of Saskatchewan I hunt (along Last Mountain Lake) has had two rough Winters in a row. The game bird population is way down. The Province has reduced the limits this year.

My "hunting" for huns and sharpies consists of keeping a close eye up the gravel roads in the afternoons when we are locating our duck shoot for the next morning. I usually see plenty of sharpies or coveys of huns out in the road graveling. We stop the truck, get out, and flush the birds where they've run back into the road grass or stubble. This year I saw one sharptail and no huns at all!...Geo

Sidelock
Sidelock

George, answered my question perfectly. It was the weather of the last couple years that caused me to cancel my Sask trip (had a hunting partner on the ground there in the spring giving updates) and just wanted to see if our predictions were reasonably correct.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: canvasback
Originally Posted By: steve voss
My first ever ruff. On a hunt with wingshooter16.

Steve, did Mike get anything or was he just the gun bearer? LOL

James, you are an evil man.

Pic of yours truly on page 8, keying off Oskar's "Robust morning"

Tolerance: the abolition of absolutes

Consistency is the currency of credibility
Page 10 of 44 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 43 44

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.