April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
5 members (NCTarheel, DaveB, Argo44, AGS, 1 invisible), 567 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,466
Posts545,079
Members14,409
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Sidelock
Sidelock

Reluctantly and regrettably, recent events have shown that Canada is becoming an increasingly unstable and violent society. The rhetoric of good will and great culture do not reflect the reality of the dangers of an armed society.

It might be argued that vehicular homicide has nothing to do with the fixation on guns and their link to violence, but the opportunity should not be squandered to push now and aggressively for more Canadian gun control.

There is no reason to allow machine guns and hi-cap pistols to proliferate throughout society. We can stand assured that regular hunting rifles would not be affected or blamed. The progun lobby is sure to make irrational arguments and childish misstatements that have to be demonized and resisted at all cost.

Ya right. Boy, this feller got quite the exercise jogging all over the place without a whole lot of resistance.

James M Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Well:
Now we know our good neighbors in Canada are not being spared from terrorist either. You have our sympathies on the loss of two innocent police officers.
I am amazed at one point:
Ottawa is on lockdown apparently with honest citizens cowering indoors! This reminds me of the ridiculous sitaution in Boston after the marathom bombing.
I can assure you that here in Arizona no one would take a lockdown seriously and their approach would be to bring along an additional magazine for reloading while out and about.
Jim

The 2nd Amendment IS an unalienable right.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Jim, I believe the long lockdown was because of the possibility of other jihadists on the scene. I believe also that this has now been discounted by police.

A few years ago Toronto police broke up a jihadist plot involving 18 young persons to blow up parliament and behead the prime minister.

There's no way to protect against someone opening fire in a public space. We'll cope with it, as you do. Canada has long experience in protecting its interests.

Sidelock
Online Content
Sidelock

Jim, the two men killed were soldiers, not police officers. Specifically targeted because they were soldiers.

This was nothing like the Boston lockdown. It was not the whole city. It was in the immediate area as police and other security personnel tried to confirm the number of shooters when reports from "eye witnesses' were misleading and conflicted. No difference from what police and security would do in any circumstance with potentially an active shooter on the loose.

The world cries out for such: he is needed & needed badly- the man who can carry a message to Garcia
James M Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Thanks for the clarification James.
Reports here have regarding the victims been sketchy.
My thoughts are we have to stay united to fight this terorist threat. And that's my principal concern.
Jim

Last edited by italiansxs; 10/22/14 10:15 PM.

The 2nd Amendment IS an unalienable right.
Sidelock
Online Content
Sidelock

Jim, I am sure it is (your principal concern I mean) and we appreciate your support.

I am glad the shooter is dead. I am glad the killer from two days ago is dead. I'm glad there will be no trial.

I am not interested in root causes, family background or even their names. I think they should be shot dead every time and the discussion should end there. No media glorification/notoriety for their actions. Just dead.

I wish the [censored] media could spend one tenth of the effort on the victims as they do the perps. Calling them jihadists helps to glorify them. They are thugs, killers, criminals. That's all.

Kill them, cover their body with pig blood and leave them in an unmarked grave. And then ask, as a country, Who's next?

Last edited by canvasback; 10/22/14 10:38 PM.

The world cries out for such: he is needed & needed badly- the man who can carry a message to Garcia
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: King Brown
Jim, I believe the long lockdown was because of the possibility of other jihadists on the scene. I believe also that this has now been discounted by police.

A few years ago Toronto police broke up a jihadist plot involving 18 young persons to blow up parliament and behead the prime minister.

There's no way to protect against someone opening fire in a public space. We'll cope with it, as you do. Canada has long experience in protecting its interests.

I hear you and understand you cback. I have no sympathy for the radical islamists, and feel for the victims and families, and all of Canada and support efforts to rid yourselves of this plague.

I'd really like to know why a US shooting tragedy by any nut job criminal is politicized. The above quote is low key, matter of fact, and true....there's 'no way' to protect against most anything.

It's in stark contrast to, 'wild west', 'chicken littles', 'I told you so', 'violent country/culture', 'lack of civility for not compromising', 'NRA makes a dumb statement', etc., etc.

You do realize, all gun laws and regulations can be removed and exactly the same holds 100% true, 'there's no way to protect against someone opening fire in a public space'. The only conclusion I can reach is that the agenda of the left trumps the event or the facts, and politicizing by the left has to be accepted as reasonable.

Sidelock
Online Content
Sidelock

Craig, you make an excellent point and illustrate it well. There is a double standard.

I think, if you go back to my reference of Mark Steyn, you will find the answer.

The left is winning the culture war. They have the schools, TV, movies and everything else that influences how we as a society live together. We may not like their tactics, but the tactics are so ingrained now as "normal" behavior and thought processes that most don't even realize they are being influenced.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: canvasback
....I think, if you go back to my reference of Mark Steyn, you will find the answer.

The left is winning the culture war....

That's why I believe it's a good thing when joe average citizen is engaged and aware of facts, issues and tactics. When it comes to the politicians, my bottom line is I'd like to see better bs'ing and actressing. I almost can't stand it when a conservative politician 'takes the high road' or shows up 'armed with facts'. It just doesn't work or matter.

Sidelock
Online Content
Sidelock

So true. Earnest accuracy is a waste of time.

Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.