May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
1 members (trw999), 669 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,506
Posts545,607
Members14,419
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 16 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 15 16
Dave K Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

President Bush insisted that Iraq had stockpiles of chemical munitions, the will to use them, the ability to provide them to terrorists, and the ambition to develop further programs, including the development of nuclear weapons. He never posited the existence of an active program, despite The Times claim.

In his State of the Union speech on Jan. 29, 2002, Bush told Congress and the American people that Hussein had plotted to develop anthrax, and nerve gas, and nuclear weapons for over a decade hardly the description of an active program.

When the president gave Saddam 48 hours to leave the country just prior to the invasion in 2003, he said that Iraq continues to possess and conceal some of the most lethal weapons ever devised, but made no mention none of an active program.

All of what Bush claimed about Iraqs weapons of mass destruction turned out to be true, as verified by no less a liberal mouthpiece than The New York Times.

http://conservativetribune.com/nyt-wmds-in-iraq/

Hillary For Prison 2018
Sidelock
Sidelock

Quote:
"Yes, I accurately called you a name-caller. You said I was the biggest prevaricator on the board. That's a long pull on the bow, Jim. Where's your proof? Challenging some of the nonsense here doesn't make me a prevaricator, or any others of the liberal left and conservative right"

And your confusing name calling with fact and an accurate attribution. I say it again You're the biggest liar on this forum. And when you've been called on it as Dave often has you just ignore it until you post your next big whopper. Is there anyone here who would care to refute this statement?
Jim

The 2nd Amendment IS an unalienable right.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Dave, first, please read the NYT story.

Second, consider your examiner source. From Wikipedia:

Examiner.com is a media company based in Denver, Colorado, that operates a network of local news websites, allowing "proam contributors" to share their city-based knowledge on a blog-like platform, in 238 markets throughout the United States and parts of Canada with two national editions, one for each country. Examiner.com is a division of Clarity Media Group of The Anschutz Corporation owned by Philip Anschutz."

Commenting on its content:

"Jim Pimentel, executive editor of Examiner said,"They're blogs. They don't get edited. We don't give any direction to people on what to write in their blogs. And that's standard operating procedure."

"Pimentel said the Examiner has "a less-strict standard for accuracy and attribution in stories that appear on the Web" than for publications in print. According to Smith, Robert Gunnison, director of school affairs at the U.C. Berkeley's Graduate School of Journalism, shares his own view that newspapers "should observe the same journalism standards online as they do in print."

So there you are, Dave. You could have published there similarly.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Normally when one makes such an accusation, they are obliged to prove it. If it's fact, produce the evidence.

I ignore Dave when he calls me a liar because I don't think he knows the difference between a lie and opinion, that a lie is what we say knowing it is not true.

I hold you to a higher standard. Produce your evidence.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Generically though, when lies or opinions are repeated often enough, there's a tendency for them to turn into 'facts'. Take for instance the previous President Bush and wmd's. It probably wouldn't matter if he mustard gassed the RNC headquarters, I don't know why libs just don't come out and say, I don't like him.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: King Brown
....consider your examiner source. From Wikipedia:

....Commenting on its content:...."They're blogs. They don't get edited. We don't give any direction to people on what to write in their blogs....

....shares his own view that newspapers "should observe the same journalism standards online as they do in print."

So there you are, Dave. You could have published there similarly.

Hey, no fair, I brought up wiki first.

Is it possible that editing for pc is worse than blogging, because then you risk having folks say how great a rag like the times is, just because it's edited. Maybe they should've edited jayson blair before they had to go into full damage control mode, eh.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Around here, a "fact" repeated enough to be accepted as fact is called a factoid.

One size doesn't fit all, Craig. I'm a liberal who thinks Bush would be great company, a lot of fun. His hangers-on I didn't like.

I once pitched successfully to JFK an one-hour documentary on the influences on a presidential decision. He said, "Yah, I'd like to know what's going around here."

You can blame as much of the screw-ups on the know-it-alls as their bosses.

Sidelock
Sidelock

He's full of Crap. Obama won the Nobel prize. For what exactly....nobody has actually figgured out exactly WHY yet. Because whatever it was, he never did it.

And incidently King....we did announce it when it happened...the left wing press refused to cover it because it proved them all wrong...so it got very little covereage.

I posted links to the news stories and photos on another board I was a member of when it happened. I think it was before I joined this board.

Last edited by boneheaddoctor; 10/17/14 11:36 PM.

The liberals are asking us to give Obama time.
We agree, and think 25 to life would be Appropriate.
Dave K Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Lets see for King and other liberals that would prefer to keep there heads in the sand and not call 5000 tanks filled with nerv gas WMD's,how about yellow cake ?

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/390517/bush-didnt-lie-deroy-murdock

it now transpires that Hussein had some 5,000 tank shells filled with sarin nerve gas, mustard gas, and other lethal agents. This is roughly ten times the arsenal that I reported that he possessed. Had I access to more accurate information back then, my pieces would have reflected the depth of Husseins supplies of these munitions.

These recent news stories overlook another discovery from 2004: The U.S. Department of Energy and the Pentagon removed 1.77 metric tons of low-enriched uranium from Iraq that could potentially be used in a radiological dispersal device or diverted to support a nuclear weapons program, according to a DOE press release. This development was almost totally overlooked by the entire press corps,

The notion that Operation Iraqi Freedom rested upon a giant foundation of even bigger lies severely damaged the reputations of the United States of America, Bush, the conservative movement, and the GOP the latter two of which tended to support the Iraq invasion. (So did then-senators Hillary Clinton, John Edwards, and John Kerry, and 108 other congressional Democrats at the time

In fact, Bush did not lie about WMDs. They really existed and in enormous amounts. Moreover, they were sitting in the Iraqi desert, making U.S. GIs physically ill. (In yet another outrage, 17 soldiers reportedly were denied the medical attention or subsequent commendations that they deserved for handling these poisons.

Hillary For Prison 2018
Dave K Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: King Brown
Around here, a "fact" repeated enough to be accepted as fact is called a factoid.

One size doesn't fit all, Craig. I'm a liberal who thinks Bush would be great company, a lot of fun. His hangers-on I didn't like.

I once pitched successfully to JFK an one-hour documentary on the influences on a presidential decision. He said, "Yah, I'd like to know what's going around here."

You can blame as much of the screw-ups on the know-it-alls as their bosses.

I had to go back a reread this BS, pitched JFK hey ?
How bout his dad Joe,you should have "pitched" Joe about a miseries on bootlegging and buying votes with Sam Giancana to get his son elected then letting go after them in a double cross after he got mobbed up !

Last edited by Dave K; 10/18/14 04:56 PM.

Hillary For Prison 2018
Page 6 of 16 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 15 16

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.