May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
1 members (smlekid), 878 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,504
Posts545,542
Members14,414
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 26 of 27 1 2 24 25 26 27
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: King Brown
....When people can't get work they are given money....

....No one here likes spongers and laggards....

....About a third of all state prison inmates and more than half of federal prison inmates in 2010 were drug offenders. I recommend On the Run: Fugitive Life in an American City (University of Chicago Press) by Alice Goffman....

....the notion of a superpower president doing what he was elected to do.

Oh, my, the horror.

I don't believe I mentioned likes or dislike, and I had hoped I wouldn't be soft labeled a hater. I still believe policy, that may require time to work, should be effective enough after six years to show results rather than count on justification by supporters and skewed reported stats.

I honestly don't have the time to read the book, but I looked up a few reviews, by noted expert reviewers wink, and got somewhat of a feel for the message. The hero of the story had a stretch of 51 arrests while 'on the run', maybe a bit of oversimplification to say that these are victimless drug offenses. I'd hope that if 'drugs' can be blamed, why not discuss the effectiveness of labeling abuse a medical condition and treating it with ocare. Also, why is the 'war on drugs' demonized by the left. After all, if personal responsibility is factored in, shouldn't the stats tell us there should be a war against young black males.

Cough, cough, that doesn't sound too good. Was this pres elected to do something perceived, or was he elected and reelected based on how he can deliver a prompter message. Why aren't the results of the promises and policy of this superpres ever questioned, by blacks or latinos, or college kids, or the media. You have flipped flopped on whether we have recovered or not, economically, but you have said many times it's an accomplishment of this admin. Why is this the first 'recovery' ever to have median incomes go down.

Sidelock
Sidelock

King still thinks NYT is a real newspaper

http://www.newsrealblog.com/2009/10/21/liberal-bias-is-killing-the-new-york-times/

and one more Krugman piece,the man has been so wrong so many times he now is not taken seriously by anyone except liberal who want to spend other peoples money

http://bastiat.mises.org/2014/07/bubbles...is-are-correct/

Bubbles Everywhere: Krugman Wrong Again; Austrians and the BIS Are Correct
By John P. Cochran
Friday, July 11th, 2014

BankIntZahlungsausgleichPaul Krugman is at it again – distorting or misinterpreting work by other economists to attack critics of today’s central bank driven low interest rate environment and to defend policy status quo or to push for even more stimulus. .

Hillary For Prison 2018
Sidelock
Sidelock

Yep:
I agree with what our resident -non-resident Canadian fence riding waffeler stated about yours truly and Krugman.
He's right and apparently I DO know more than Krugman does. At least I can read and properly interpret charts and statistical presentations.
Those mirco and macro economics classes I took over 40 years ago apparently did pay off. grin
Jim

The 2nd Amendment IS an unalienable right.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Ah, Jim, you guys should welcome opinions other than your own. You're engaging in the familiar Republican ploy of differences, particularly of the evangelical right. Separate. Exclude. Not one of us: "resident-non resident Canadian. . ." It's about control, fear of losing influence.

You're not helping yourselves by adding you're smarter than Krugman and NYT not a real newspaper to conservative right positions on evolution, biblical inerrancy, gay rights, same-sex, emancipation of women, voting rights, immigration, keeping colour in its place.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Comrade King, you never fail to deliver.

Every time you suffer an intellectual beat-down you respond with the doctrinal statist religious response of denial, dismissal, and demonization. Then, you attempt to project your own foibles on others. Your bigotry appears to be boundless. "Conservative Right" positions? you mean the demonizations and distortions of you and your fellow religious sociopaths.

I prefer wood to plastic, leather to nylon, waxed cotton to Gore-Tex, and split bamboo to graphite.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Ken61
Comrade King, you never fail to deliver.

Every time you suffer an intellectual beat-down you respond with the doctrinal statist religious response of denial, dismissal, and demonization. Then, you attempt to project your own foibles on others. Your bigotry appears to be boundless. "Conservative Right" positions? you mean the demonizations and distortions of you and your fellow religious sociopaths.

Amen!
Jim

The 2nd Amendment IS an unalienable right.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Yeah, it's discouraging to beaten down intellectually on anything, Ken, but a little comforting coming from friends with few peers on this board. They know more about economics than Krugman and more about good journalism than those who award Pulitzer Prizes.

Conservative Right positions are front and centre in America, from taking control of the mechanics of the Republican Party, eroding support for the rights of women and minorities, including voter ID laws to exclude, and abortion to contraception to Nativity scenes on the governor's lawn.

Not to say there's anything wrong with this except they're all about control, white control of coloured, male control of women, rejecting a gathering ethos of modernity of the last 200 years. Bigotry to say so? Hardly. Naming things changes things. It how we come to grips with them.

To get back to the thread, what to make of this, first couple paragraphs today from a very good Treasury Secretary under Clinton who began paying down the debt with surpluses but---crucially--it was at the right time of the business cycle.

"Why public investment really is a free lunch

By Lawrence Summers

"The IMF finds that a dollar of spending increases output by nearly $3

"It has been joked that the letters IMF stand for “it’s mostly fiscal”. The International Monetary Fund has long been a stalwart advocate of austerity as the route out of financial crisis, and every year it chastises dozens of countries for their fiscal indiscipline. Fiscal consolidation – a euphemism for cuts to government spending – is a staple of the fund’s rescue programmes. A year ago the IMF was suggesting that the US had a fiscal gap of as much as 10 per cent of gross domestic product.

"All of this makes the IMF’s recently published World Economic Outlook a remarkable and important document. In its flagship publication, the IMF advocates substantially increased public infrastructure investment, and not just in the US but much of the world. It asserts that when unemployment is high, as it is in much of the industrialised world, the stimulative impact will be greater if investment is paid for by borrowing, rather than cutting other spending or raising taxes. Most notably, the IMF asserts that properly designed infrastructure investment will reduce rather than increase government debt burdens. Public infrastructure investments can pay for themselves."

But the IMF wouldn't know, would it? Nah. Or FT responsible for publishing it. It's not a real newspaper, eh?

Sidelock
Sidelock

YAAAWWWNNN,

Racist, Sexist, Homophobe, etc, blah, blah, blah. Krugman, blah, blah, Keynes, blah, blah, blah, IMF, blah, blah, blah....

Comrade King, I'm fascinated by your ability to deny Objective Reality, and to be able to live in a fantasy world...

I prefer wood to plastic, leather to nylon, waxed cotton to Gore-Tex, and split bamboo to graphite.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Ken, you disappoint me. It's so common: "a doctrinal statist religious response of denial, dismissal, and demonization." Unworthy of a man of discriminating tastes. C'mon, jack it up. Ed does better on a bad day.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Yeah, I just didn't have the time for my usual in-depth response. When I get a chance I'll work something up. It'll be easy, when I have the time..

The doctrinal response answer is spot-on, as virtually all your responses are doctrinal.

Last edited by Ken61; 10/07/14 08:06 PM.

Page 26 of 27 1 2 24 25 26 27

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.