May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
7 members (earlyriser, Jimmy W, Hammergun, Marks_21, 2 invisible), 1,059 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,511
Posts545,661
Members14,419
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 13 of 27 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 26 27
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Ken61
Originally Posted By: King Brown
Remove subsidies from every industrial sector, or entertainment, publishing, energy, military manufacturing etc and the US economy would collapse overnight. Forgotten who put Wall Street and auto industry back on its feet? Everyone in the US wage economy. Remember Ike warning of the "industrial-military complex" on leaving office? Big money rigs everything to its advantage.

Preposterous assertions. The market would reassert itself, business efficiency would improve, innovation would occur, and the economy would stabilize. You're just attempting to rationalize crony capitalism. Wall Street should have been allowed to fail and reorganize. The auto companies should have declared bankruptcy. The bailouts only perpetuated the crony capitalism and insured political contributions at the expense of the taxpayers. You really are a big-government, statist, religious sociopath.

Bingo! Give this man a prize!!!

The world cries out for such: he is needed & needed badly- the man who can carry a message to Garcia
Sidelock
Sidelock

That's it, Bill. Big money makes citizens vote against their best interests. Any appreciable change in American lives after November will not come from new faces in Washington. Or from electorates that believe free markets exist and don't know 60-plus cents of every dollar of farmers' income comes from government. We'd be starving in a week without them.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: rocky mtn bill
The political problem we wrestle with here has been framed in the wrong terms, in my opinion. Rather than argue whether government should be larger or smaller,it makes better sense to me to find ways to make government smarter. Since the financial gains all go to those already rich, I have to believe they're the ones with an interest in keeping government stupid. The current roles government is supposed to play make sense to me. I'm no happier than anyone else at the inability to perform those functions effectively. Big, dark money makes it possible to elect knaves and fools. Citizens United was a fatal blow to democracy. Each of us has no influence whatsoever against the sheer force of big money. They do as they please regardless of election outcomes, and we're left here to argue about minute details. Unless the people can take back control of election financing, there's really nothing left to dispute.

Bill, I think it is of value to argue the point of making the government smaller. Without that impetus, it will NEVER act smarter. Not in human nature.

And to that point, it is clear there is only ONE way to make government actually smaller, to force it to be smarter. Withhold the money!

Oppose every tax increase on every tax bracket. Oppose every fee and fee hike. Oppose government deficits and debt. Every time.

Not that things will change radically in an instant. But to turn the great ship of state around will take a long time. To change public views about what appropriate government intervention is will take a long time. To change what Democrat and Republican politicians see as their mandate will take a long time. And, IMHO, the only way to do it is to reduce the flow of money.

The fundamental problem lies in the area of spending other peoples money. We don't do it well. Ever. So we need to re-imagine the political and bureaucratic systems with an emphasis of managing this persistent and intractable problem.

Until we do that, all government will get bigger, regardless of which party is in power.

That's why Ken is on the right track in my opinion. It's not a battle between left and right, so much as a battle between large intrusive government or smaller, limited government. Our freedoms have been dispensed with effectively by both the left and the right.

The world cries out for such: he is needed & needed badly- the man who can carry a message to Garcia
Sidelock
Sidelock

The political problem we wrestle with here has been framed in the wrong terms, in my opinion. Rather than argue whether government should be larger or smaller,it makes better sense to me to find ways to make government smarter....

....They do as they please regardless of election outcomes, and we're left here to argue about minute details. Unless the people can take back control of election financing, there's really nothing left to dispute.

It seems to all sound the same, a very superficial 'why can't we all get along, see I'm reasonable'. Problem is, to me, you support the candidate, then the policy, then reaffirm the policy for a second term. The rhetoric around these parts does not show any disappointment for 'smartness' or 'campaign finance reform', only reaffirmation time and time again. How exactly is 'change' supposed to happen when excuses will run to any length to for the policy of far left liberalism.

Take for example you next post about teachers letting kids learn and grow without undue ideological influence. How then can excuses be made for the mandates of 'common core' forcing minimum requirements of left wing pc in the classroom, not 'smarter' kids. Is that a money issue, or purely an ideological force feed. My understanding, current grade school level American history books have two pages on Washington and the Founding Fathers. Bash America for slavery runs dozens and dozens of pages. Bash America for atrocities against native Americans, similar. You know, com'in corps is telling your (all kids across the country) grandkids in Montana that all hunting and firearms are a bad thing.

You won't trim back entitlements and pork, I believe that because you called me foolish and hateful. How exactly would you window dress it to make it appear 'smarter'. And no, to me 'smarter' is NOT green regs, bridges to nowhere, endangered species games, co2 demonizing or multiple fundraising stops each week. All of those cost peanuts to free. But hey, we knocked the intentionally porous border off the headlines, hope your grandkids are not penalized in the classroom for the 'struggles' of felon illegal aliens demanding rights to their educational resources.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Ken, for what it's worth, I never tried to steer what students think. I worked hard though to teach them how to think for themselves, how to gather evidence, weigh it and arrange it to make a case. You seem to worship " the Market" and expect it to solve everyone's problems if it were only unleashed. To blame schools for promoting moral relativism while adoring the forces of the market strikes me as a contradiction. I'm certainly no theologian, but I know Christ was no fan of the wealthy and had no use for 'the market'.

The term "Moral Relativism" is another subjective term used by religious statists to rationalize their sociopathic inflictions upon others. It is used to override the Constitution and the whole concept of individual freedom and equality. It is used to rationalize the sociopathic concept of "equality of outcome". It rationalizes confiscation of economic freedom and the consequential religious vote-buying. Thank you for proving my point about public education, as obviously you taught this sociopathic, unconstitutional, statist religious dogma. Once again, you're the problem, not the solution.

I prefer wood to plastic, leather to nylon, waxed cotton to Gore-Tex, and split bamboo to graphite.
Sidelock
Sidelock

That's it, Bill. Big money makes citizens vote against their best interests. Any appreciable change in American lives after November will not come from new faces in Washington. Or from electorates that believe free markets exist and don't know 60-plus cents of every dollar of farmers' income comes from government. We'd be starving in a week without them.

Comrade King,

Please cite your sources.

I prefer wood to plastic, leather to nylon, waxed cotton to Gore-Tex, and split bamboo to graphite.
Sidelock
Sidelock

....electorates that believe free markets exist and don't know 60-plus cents of every dollar of farmers' income comes from government. We'd be starving in a week without them.

I hope the electorates can see through some of the ideological gymnastics to create 'facts'. Could be there's things like 'factored in' values of lower tax rates to make the point of corporate welfare, and it would be completely ignored that no big city slumlord is even remotely interested in setting up a new ghetto out in the hay fields of the great plains.

Mentioned before, this admin wouldn't let the masses starve, they'd bring in food from mejico and central america. Imagine that, a photo op because a few crates of produce show up in a truck convoy, then off to the links. You know they can't give away 'free' houses and land in detroit, never mind that it resembles gaza or feluja. Why isn't that 'factored in' to the piles of feel good things as a benefit of the great society.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Ken61

Comrade King,

Please cite your sources.

King makes more stuff up then anyone on here and calls them facts, you won't see a credible source,just a change of subject/blame Bush or capitalism post.

Hillary For Prison 2018
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Here's some documentation regarding government growth: In Reagan's first term government grew by 8.7%. In GW's two terms it grew by 7.3% and 8.1%. In Obama's first term 1.4%. Google "government growth by President". To paraphrase Russel Sadler, " another myth mugged by a brutal gang of facts."

Bill Ferguson
Sidelock
Sidelock

Sources there for the whole world to see. Google US subsidies. For agriculture see US report on 60 cents of the dollar.

See also corporate welfare.

Dave, no one is interested in Bush's responsibility for Iraq wreck. That's old fact like Columbus 1492. To mention is bullying.

James, the West without exception went to Keynes.

Page 13 of 27 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 26 27

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.