May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
6 members (buckstix, ClapperZapper, Fudd, Marks_21, 2 invisible), 1,194 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,511
Posts545,659
Members14,419
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 27 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 26 27
Sidelock
Sidelock

Craig, this isn't a real answer. I'd be happy after I'm gone to be thought of as useful in my community. That end is enough for me.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: rocky mtn bill
To say Jason Blair shows that the NYT fabricates news is to take the "one bad apple" metaphor beyond credibility. There are many references to the so-called liberal media from members here who constantly parade the fabricated outrage....

This is misfires Bill, I wasn't looking for bad apples just trying to figure out a time line. 'Fabricated outrage', how about a little tolerance. I bet ole TR would be more of a doer than one looking demons and excuses.

Hey King, I hope you're thought of in only the best ways. The problem I saw with spinning the memory of some lib for ideological purposes is the inevitable risk of not being useful. Dems probably set the timeline one this one, it traces back to the origin of the phrases, 'circle the wagons' and 'thrown under the bus'.

When you got into ER and that erotica stuff, you tread close to breaking a misfires rule, tisk, tisk. But, despise them as I do, hollwood could've helped out and taken some artistic license by hiring a couple of hottie actresses and doing an r-rated episode for the series.

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Canvasback, Yes CNN and MSNBC rant much like Fox News from the other side of the fence. I don't watch either of them. At the gym about four mornings per week I peddle a stationary bike in front of The TV that shows Fox news. I warm up on the bike for ten minutes and always get a good laugh from the "news". Of course Fox is profitable; look at their advertisers. The views they push so enthusiastically are precisely those of our plutocratic rulers. Fox gets along by going along. Rupert Murdoch will stoop to any shameless pandering to maintain his profits and power, even having his henchmen tap the phones of private citizens and public officials.PS, FDR cut corners, but at the same time he saved western civilization from the Nazis and the Japanese. That should count for something too.

Bill Ferguson
Sidelock
Sidelock

Now that's funny. To think that "Fox & Friends" contains political rants. When? between the Country singers and the child heroes? I can understand you thinking that O'Reilly or Hannity go on rants, but the morning programs as well?

In general, Fox News is fairly tame, with little real analysis. It's just not completely sycophantic to the Democrats, and occasionally does show a different viewpoint. This, of course, to religious statists, is what makes them EVIL...

I prefer wood to plastic, leather to nylon, waxed cotton to Gore-Tex, and split bamboo to graphite.
Sidelock
Online Content
Sidelock

FDR cut corners, but at the same time he saved western civilization from the Nazis and the Japanese. That should count for something too.

Bill, not to be picky, but it seems to me that a whole lot of other nations, besides America and a whole lot of Americans beside FDR had something to do with "saving Western Civilization" during WWII. I think that's why we call it a World War.

You guys were good once you got there but you were late to the party twice in a row. Last guy in doesn't get to claim exclusive rights to the victory.

Last edited by canvasback; 09/22/14 11:04 AM.

The world cries out for such: he is needed & needed badly- the man who can carry a message to Garcia
Sidelock
Online Content
Sidelock

Rupert Murdoch will stoop to any shameless pandering to maintain his profits and power, even having his henchmen tap the phones of private citizens and public officials.

Is this somehow different than what other media owner do? The history of broadcast and broadsheet news consists of unethical and uncaring behavior in order to scoop the competition. They have only been different from the tabloids in their own minds.

PS When I say both posts, I am not referring to my WWII comment but the post further back up the page and this one. Sorry if there was confusion.

My point Bill, in both these comments is that you are distinguishing Fox as somehow different...worse. It is not. They are all the same. It is only in your (or my) perspective and biases that there is a difference in acceptability.

Last edited by canvasback; 09/22/14 11:11 AM. Reason: clarification

The world cries out for such: he is needed & needed badly- the man who can carry a message to Garcia
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: canvasback
FDR cut corners, but at the same time he saved western civilization from the Nazis and the Japanese. That should count for something too.

Bill, not to be picky, but it seems to me that a whole lot of other nations, besides America and a whole lot of Americans beside FDR had something to do with "saving Western Civilization" during WWII. I think that's why we call it a World War.

You guys were good once you got there but you were late to the party twice in a row. Last guy in doesn't get to claim exclusive rights to the victory.

James,

You cannot debate or carry on an intelligent discussion with people who are stupid and ignorant, and Bill Ferguson, a.k.a. rocky mtn bill, certainly qualifies as both.

Just imagine, this libtard yo-yo says he taught young people in a public school setting.......unbelieveable to say the least.......certainly gives one a lot of insight as to why young folks are lacking in so many areas of basic knowledge .........

Our strong suit was our huge manufacturing base that no part of the world could compete with and massive resources, both human and in raw materials. Anybody with a I.Q. over 40 knows this. The massive U.S. manufacturing base won the war, plain and simple.

FDR was the liberal jerk who foiled and depressed our military build up in the 1930's, the Army and the Navy were at their lowest levels of all time during his administration.....UNTIL PEARL HARBOR...... FDR court martialed General Billy Mitchell for being forceful and vocal regarding the immediate needs of the Army Air Corps in the 1930's..........and this was during a time when it was obvious that world war was immenent ....It took the first three years of the war for us to catch up, especially in materials and logistics..........Thousands and thousands of U.S. Military and civilian lives were lost needlessly because of FDR's poor decisions during the mid to late 1930's.........

Doug

Sidelock
Online Content
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: PA24

Just imagine, this libtard yo-yo says he taught young people in a public school setting.......unbelieveable to say the least.......certainly gives one a lot of insight as to why young folks are lacking in so many areas of basic knowledge .........

Doug, I don't know enough about Bill to have much of an opinion of him as a teacher. Who knows what he says to his students and i don't even know what subjects he teaches.

What I do find funny is that you use the term "unbelievable" to describe someone of middle/left leanings as a teacher in NA today. What is unbelievable about that??

It would be unbelievable if a teacher in either of our countries wasn't weak-kneed over Obama, didn't piss himself at the thought of a gun, didn't think that boys acting like boys means they have ADHD and need to be drugged. I could go on but you get the picture. THAT would be "unbelieveable".

As a side note, in one of our provinces, BC, they just ended a teachers strike. Last two weeks of last years and first three weeks of this year. Teachers there are, by any measure, well paid, with plenty of time off. And yet I had to read in the papers this morning about how they have been "traumatized" by their experience on the picket lines. I heard about a high school kid I think in Tennessee who got suspended from school recently and the police were called because he wrote a story about shooting a dinosaur for a school assignment. I mean, what is wrong with these people???

Sidelock
Sidelock

James,

Meaning as structured James, that it is unbelieveable that someone so lacking in basic knowledge could teach at even a par level in a public school anywhere........it is a "given" that all teachers, at all levels are massive liberals "now days" with zero practical knowledge in the real world........The female influence in public schools is far too overwhelming and not positive whatsoever.......sorry to confuse you James, hope I explained it right.....LOL....... grin

Best,

Doug

Sidelock
Sidelock

Quote:
"FDR was the liberal jerk who foiled and depressed our military build up in the 1930's, especially Billy Mitchell (court martial) and the Army Air Corps....and this was during a time when it was obvious that world war was at hand....It took the first three years of the war for us to catch up, especially in material and logistics.........."

And of course history has repeated itself with the Liberal jerk we have occupying the White House today.

As far as WW III goes the Pope says it's already begun!

http://au.ibtimes.com/articles/567003/20...tm#.VCByRvldWXw

Jim

Last edited by italiansxs; 09/22/14 03:03 PM.

The 2nd Amendment IS an unalienable right.
Page 6 of 27 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 26 27

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.