April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
7 members (Jimmy W, CJ Dawe, SKB, canvasback, Southern Sport, 1 invisible), 360 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,443
Posts544,800
Members14,405
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 9 10
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: boneheaddoctor
Originally Posted By: ed good
is there anyone out there willing to have a rational discussion regarding the need for some gun control in this country?

i mean, when and how do we as a society determine that we have too much of a good thing?

I vote we start by taking yours away permanently and prohibiting you access to them as well. THe rest of us have constitutional rights to have them. End of discussion. Its NOT negotiable.

This is the most sensible suggestion I've seen yet short of him being sent to an institution for the mentally handicapped

Practice safe eating. Always use a condiment.
Sidelock
Sidelock

The purpose of every discussion of "gun control" is to restrict our rights,never to increase them.How can you have a reasonable discussion when there can only be one result?
Mike

Sidelock
Sidelock

I won't be watching Liam Neeson's highly touted new movie "A Walk Among the Toombstones" coming out Friday. Small protest but since he has decided to diss his action movie fan base, it may grow.

Something about the hypocrisy of a Hollywood type making great sums of money playing characters in shoot-em-up action movies and then advocating gun control just doesn't play well in my view...Geo

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Geo. Newbern
I won't be watching Liam Neeson's highly touted new movie "A Walk Among the Toombstones" coming out Friday. Small protest but since he has decided to diss his action movie fan base, it may grow.

Something about the hypocrisy of a Hollywood type making great sums of money playing characters in shoot-em-up action movies and then advocating gun control just doesn't play well in my view...Geo

+2......

Doug

Sidelock
Sidelock

If anyone has an email address for this joker please post it. I for one will let him know exactly what I think.
Jim

The 2nd Amendment IS an unalienable right.
ed good Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

why cant we discuss gun control without reference to the second amendment?

keep it simple and keep it safe...
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: ed good
why cant we discuss gun control without reference to the second amendment?

For the same reason we can't talk about freedom of the press without bringing in the First Amendment.

The can't reason we can't discuss the NSA surveillance programs without talking about the Fourth Amendment.

How would someone argue about states' rights without bringing in the Tenth Amendment?

Now let me ask you a question. Why would you want to leave the Second Amendment out of your argument when you are advocating more gun control?

I am glad to be here.
Sidelock
Sidelock

If anyone has any reason to wonder why I have "Ed" on my ignore list just look at that inane comment that Mike posted above.
I guess we could discuss apple pie without bringing up apples! crazy
Jim

The 2nd Amendment IS an unalienable right.
Sidelock
Sidelock

While I don't think they're hypocrites making shoot-em-ups then talking gun control, after all its just a movie, people all over the world are scrutinizing America and her Second Amendment. They don't understand us, they see no reason behind it and feel that all people MUST live subjected to someone.

Well, we will never feel or live that way.

Sidelock
Sidelock

While I don't think they're hypocrites making shoot-em-ups then talking gun control, after all its just a movie, people all over the world are scrutinizing America and her Second Amendment. They don't understand us, they see no reason behind it and feel that all people MUST live subjected to someone.

Well, we will never feel or live that way.

Page 5 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 9 10

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.