May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
5 members (R Reynolds, graybeardtmm3, ClapperZapper, 2 invisible), 823 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,518
Posts545,723
Members14,419
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 10 of 15 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 14 15
ed good #376049 08/23/14 08:24 AM
ed good Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

legal slavery ended in this country in 1865...

after that, wage slavery in various forms and degrees was practiced all over this country until the rise of the labor union movement around the turn of the century.

it is now 2014. anyone who uses the circumstances of their ancestors as an excuse for their own failings is delusional.

ones race or ethnic heritage can be an impedment to one reaching ones goals, if one allows it to be so.

being black limits some, who do not have the guts and talent to overcome this handicap.

look no further than clarence thomas, conde rice, ben carson, allen west, a host of performers and of course barock obama, to name a few...

Last edited by ed good; 08/23/14 08:25 AM.

keep it simple and keep it safe...
ed good #376050 08/23/14 08:28 AM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Not good news for the libtard's who are backing a weak defense of Brown,the key witness,not surprisingly,has changed his story again !

http://www.redflagnews.com/headlines/rep...to-take-his-gun

Dorian Johnson has now admitted that Michael Brown attacked Officer Wilson and attempted to take his gun.

http://www.abc17news.com/news/key-witness-in-ferguson-wanted-in-jefferson-city/27624066

Key witness in Ferguson wanted in Jefferson City

The warrant is for stealing and dates back to June 2011.

ABC 17 News looked into Johnson's past and found out he has also been charged with filing a false police report in the same year.

After cross referencing several records, ABC 17 News found the warrant, which is for Dorian Jordan Johnson, is actually the same person as Dorian Jarvis Johnson.

Hillary For Prison 2018
ed good #376054 08/23/14 08:46 AM
Sidelock
Sidelock

The signs of easing tensions came as a family friend of the officer who fatally shot Brown came forward to offer a version of the incident with new details, saying that the officer suffered a fracture to his eye socket in a scuffle with the unarmed teenager before opening fire.

Hospital X-rays of the injury have been taken and will be shared with a grand jury that is weighing evidence
to determine whether Officer Darren Wilson should be charged in the shooting, said the friend, who spoke on the condition of anonymity because of fear of threats. The friend has been in contact with Wilson’s family members.

In his account to close confidants, Wilson has repeatedly said he thought Brown was acting erratically when they had an altercation on a street in a garden apartment complex in Ferguson. He said that Brown was coming at him when he fired the fatal shots.

“Darren was adamant that he believed Michael Brown had some drugs in his system,” the friend said.

Read more at http://eaglerising.com/8141/officer-wils...KHXiA73xIdsl.99

No way they will convict,in fact I think it will be very hard to even indite-unless of course Holder has his "thumb on the scale"

Hillary For Prison 2018
PA24 #376060 08/23/14 10:05 AM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Thanks for your thoughtful reply, Doug. Racism has deep historical roots wherever it exists. Canada's with indigenous peoples is abysmal. Our prime minister said yesterday the murder of a 15-year-old girl shouldn't be seen as a "social phenomenon" and refused to order a federal inquiry of the 1,000 other murdered and missing aboriginal women. It's a national shame as black accommodation to civil society is yours.

Although guilt is always with us for our abusive neglect, my point is that blacks at the point of federal bayonets barely got their foot in the door to opportunities 50 years ago. They were considered subhuman and treated as such. Not to be disrespectful, I think of the analogy of older citizens looking upon the younger today as slack in observing the verities of work and responsibilities, "children bringing up children."

Ed's examples had a head start with educations, as did Obama. Most black Americans are offspring of downtrodden survivors or remember "this half-forgotten history of a system that bartered dignity for dollars, a painful reminder of the capacity to remain complacent in the midst of injustice," as MLK wrote in Why We Can't Wait and shook the nation to its foundations. No US group has made as much social and political progress over a generation.

Racism remains. Extremists will always be with us.

King Brown #376061 08/23/14 10:17 AM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: King Brown
....Members of your persuasion, however, do not acknowledge that blacks have had desperate problems which white Americans have not had to face....

....For centuries until some 50 years ago, blacks couldn't be first of all a human being. They were America's beasts of burden, denied every element of citizenship despite pious constitutional guarantees....

....Laws modify behaviour but their purposes can only be achieved when they penetrate our hearts.

While seeming civil, doesn't 'members of your persuasion' sound a bit racist. Are we using words that unite and overcome, or settling into the comfort of the tactics of our ideology.

Seems about fifty years ago we turned a corner. In 1961, MLK, remember him, said blacks accounted for about ten percent of the population in the St Louis area but committed some 58% of the crime. Why is progress inevitable, but excused for libs when pc topics come up at wine tastings. Your glorious protest struggles in ferguson required out of state hired help. You suppose the GOOD folks of ferguson would appreciate life in a crime free zone rather than a white free zone. Anyone ever just ask them.

If we've learned anything from recent events, it may be that laws are for the delusional right. Possibly you meant 'regulations modify behavior because they penetrate liberties'. I think there's a good book out on the topic.

King Brown #376062 08/23/14 10:41 AM
Sidelock
Sidelock

....Ed's examples had a head start with educations, as did Obama. Most black Americans are offspring of downtrodden survivors....

To quote RyanF, 'I'm gonna barf'. Naw, I'll be fine.

The current crop of kids, and our cream of the crop elitist prep school prez, are products of the ideological changes to our education system. No, not just training folks to grow up as libs, but forcing them to underachieve in all areas during formative years. Disclaimer, race neutral.

If you'd run the numbers, parents of these young folks were not downtrodden. They were molded by the pro oral sex campaigner bill, and his 'health' sec's master debating school programs. It could be argued that 'investment' in smart phone tech back in the day could have blasted our moral compass back into the stone ages much sooner.

craigd #376063 08/23/14 10:45 AM
Sidelock
Sidelock

There's nothing racist in Doug having a different opinion from mine. For all I know, it could be the same, depending on the context, which varied.

The only corner turned after the murders, cities burning was enforcement of constitution allowing blacks to enter society as citizens.

Overall, the result has been satisfactory if not miraculous in a white majority preferring a black for its president.

On your point of laws for the delusional right, again your notion depends on what "liberties" are being penetrated--abortion, capital punishment, cc etc.

My guess is the people of Ferguson want what everyone wants everywhere: peace, work, to raise a family, regardless of colour and creed.

King Brown #376064 08/23/14 11:21 AM
Sidelock
Sidelock

There's nothing racist in Doug having a different opinion from mine. For all I know, it could be the same, depending on the context, which varied....

Ding, ding, ding, common ground. Could the same opinion possibly matter if 'members of your persuasion' was fundamentally changed to 'members for social justice'. That's why I was wondering if the words chosen are a tactic, with the true message being something other than civil discussion. Can you say to a black person, 'folks of your persuasion shouldn't loot'.

craigd #376068 08/23/14 11:50 AM
Sidelock
Sidelock

You're reading too much in "members of your persuasion." It's the same to me as a reference to one group preferring Foxes to Parkers. Jim and Dave prefer conservatives to liberals. There's no tactic to it. Plain talk. I distinguish differences in my conservative and liberal friends as preferences for how they want to be governed; all have common frailties. Doug, Jim and Dave have also been around long enough to know one size doesn't fit all.

ed good #376076 08/23/14 01:19 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Although guilt is always with us for our abusive neglect,

Wrong, wrong and wrong!!!

Guilt is not with me.

I have hired natives. I have hunted with natives. I have treated natives as I would anyone I come across in my life. With a reasonable amount of courtesy until events suggest I should behave differently. In the city, on reservations and everywhere I have been in Canada and the US.

I'm not a believer in Original Sin and I don't believe in assuming guilt for actions and behaviors that weren't and aren't mine.

Last edited by canvasback; 08/23/14 01:20 PM.

The world cries out for such: he is needed & needed badly- the man who can carry a message to Garcia
Page 10 of 15 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 14 15

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.