April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
7 members (David Williamson, Lloyd3, AaronN, FlyChamps, 2 invisible), 475 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,466
Posts545,103
Members14,409
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
tw Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Postoak, you could make that same test by loading only one round or using only one trigger in a TT doublegun, no? That Simplex sounds cool; is it hammerless?

Joe Wood tells me that having a gun w/o hammers is like having a dog with no ears.

Being fair bent toward being mostly deaf, I find myself playing the earless dog role rather well these days, not so far removed from the old RCA "his masters voice"....

"Wot in heck does he mean "fetch" when I'm stuck in a parlor w/a confounded machine. Go pick that dove up yerself, like Stan's grandson!" ;-) ;-)

I'd hope all you old cusses have a fine opener, irrespective of the game sought or taken to hand.

Great pics, Shinbone. That dog looks like a good feller to hang with.

Sidelock
Sidelock

temps have been in the triple digits here in Tx...am I the only one loathe to take out a fine gun if it means sweating all over it?

RCC Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

All you Southern boys better buy or load up extra ammunition.

There are literally hundreds of the little gray rockets along every section line road, on every power line and in every snaggle tree in this country.

When they head south you all are in for high times.

bc
Sidelock
Sidelock

Thanks! Nothing like Fall in the Rockies.

Originally Posted By: battle
shinbone....... Love the dog, gun and beautiful country.

Sidelock
Sidelock

My old five-foot ultra-light Ugly-Stick and a tiny Pixie on some Kodiak Island stream.

MIKE THE BEAR
Unregistered
MIKE THE BEAR
Unregistered

CSMC Inverness, 20ga., 30" barrels along with a GSP.

Sidelock
Sidelock

As I type this, I'm looking out my window at a dozen or so FAT doves eating the seed that spills from the feeders. Because this is NJ--there is NO opening day on doves and I will shoo them on their way to PA, DE, or MD. Shoot well my friends!

nid-28
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Bill Davis
As I type this, I'm looking out my window at a dozen or so FAT doves eating the seed that spills from the feeders. Because this is NJ--there is NO opening day on doves and I will shoo them on their way to PA, DE, or MD. Shoot well my friends!

Bill, with no opening day that means you can shoot them year round, doesn't it? Redneck rules.

When an old man dies a library burns to the ground. (Old African proverb)
GLS Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

All you dove hunters with lifetime licenses don't forget to download the free federal HIP migratory license. Gil

Sidelock
Sidelock

103* F as I get ready to go.....The Setters stay home today......Just too hot, might use them if I was shooting in the front yard of the ranch with plenty of close water, but not for the field...

Not many other hunters around today for the North Zone Texas opener...

Worlds of Birds, both Whitewings and Mourners ( a much preferred target in my opinion) on the field yesterday afternoon.....

Carrying the 28 bore SCO grade MX28 with 30" Full and full stoked with 3/4 oz. STS 8's

Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.