April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
6 members (Jimmy W, PALUNC, Marks_21, KDGJ, GMCS, StevenD), 571 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,465
Posts545,078
Members14,409
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 14 of 59 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 58 59
Sidelock
Sidelock

I share your sentiments James. The two you cited bring nothing of importance to the table. They just continue to upchuck the some old tired Libtard vomit.
Jim

The 2nd Amendment IS an unalienable right.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: italiansxs
I share your sentiments James. The two you cited bring nothing of importance to the table. They just continue to upchuck the some old tired Libtard vomit.
Jim

Please try to post something upbeat and positive. PLEEEEase.

keith Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Canvasback, glad to hear you're well and keeping busy with work, family, and guns and hunting plans. I certainly understand your reluctance to spend valuable time here. Just as you devoted time and energy to rolling back the Long Gun Registry, I am spending time supporting and preventing further erosions of our Second Amendment, working, playing with my guns, and getting ready to work on electing pro-gun Conservatives in the 2014 mid term elections.

You know how much I have appreciated your input on the importance of protecting our Gun Rights, and your warnings to us to never let down our guard so that we are in the position once again of digging ourselves out of a hole. I miss OldStarfire's Canadian perspective too, and keep hoping he'll return.

I too, regret the fact that Misfires has become too much about King and ed, and yes, it is a bit time consuming to have to counter their misinformation and attempts to undermine the foundation of our Constitutional Rights. In my opinion, it reached a point where there was a large enough body of evidence to support my opinion that King is working from up north to weaken and cast doubt on the meaning and origins and validity of our Second Amendment, along with many other bedrock principles that made this country great. He's been able to fly under the radar doing hit and run attacks, and then pretending he supports us. I think that was a calculated maneuver, so I decided awhile back to amass a large enough body of evidence to support my opinions, and then keep it front and center, and squarely in the crosshairs. His attempts over the last two days to reinvent himself as an ardent supporter of gun rights aren't gaining much traction. He can't have it both ways if we don't let him. I will not let him! ed jumped into the fray and has shown us that he is just as committed to weakening the Second. I can't be at the computer 24/7, but I can be pretty damn relentless over the long haul. I pop in and type a response or two, and then go out and get some work done. I can also sometimes make a post from my phone when I'm between jobs at work. Hell to type on that little touchscreen keyboard though. With the help of Jim, craig, Doug, J.R.B., Ken61, Mike, bone, JCHannum, Brian, and others... maybe we can finally stop the vermin who constantly subvert and discredit guns, gun rights, and the NRA. I hope anyone else who feels the same will contribute. These trolls need to learn that they can't hide behind lies, stupidity, and the fact that they maybe shoot something once in a while. That takes some tenacity, and unfortunately, playing nice is just playing in to their hands. I am nicely, civilly, and cordially... going for the throat.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

keith Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Jagermeister
Originally Posted By: italiansxs
Jim

Please try to post something upbeat and positive. PLEEEEase.

On an upbeat and positive note, King Brown's lame and dishonest attempts to show he supports the Second Amendment as written and as originally intended by the Framers is falling flat on it's face! grin

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: ed good
I grow weary of this as well...I go for nap now...

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Great idea ed. When you wake up you may go play in the neighbor kid's sandbox and dig for cat turds again.

Practice safe eating. Always use a condiment.
Sidelock
Sidelock

canvas: "To be honest, I have found misfires boring lately. "

roger dat!

keep it simple and keep it safe...
Sidelock
Sidelock

King,
you didn't respond to my reply in #372098. I clarified what I said and was expecting your response.
I even answered the same questions myself in a subsequent post.

Brian
LTC, USA Ret.
NRA Patron Member
AHFGCA Life Member
USPSA Life Member

Sidelock
Sidelock

Sorry, Brian. I read what you wrote in response to your own questions and thought ---just going by memory now---that your opinion was reasonable. And I
thought I had answered your earlier by saying that there was a measure of arrogance by your arrogating anti-gun sentiments to me i.e. which restrictions do you want? I don't want any more restrictions in Canada and what Americans choose to regulate or deregulate is up to them. I'll go back and look at 372098. Right now I'm beating at work alligators closest to the boat!

keith Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

For those who didn't see it in the "Contraception Mandate" thread, here's some more of King Brown's dishonesty on display concerning our Second Amendment. The first King quote was from one of his very recent attempts to now portray himself as a staunch gun rights advocate...from his post# 372221. First, he's telling us that he believes what Constitutional Scholar Mark Levin has to say about the Second Amendment, but he goes on to lament that the Framers did not put their thoughts about what the Second Amendment said in writing. He managed to squeeze two big lies into one short paragraph. Jim replied to him at length...again! And my reply follows his lies and bullshit... along with another of his quotes to prove he's lying. There, he had tried to convince us that Mark Levin only believed that the 2nd protected the RTKBA within the confines of a Militia... the same Militia that Liberals like he and ed are constantly saying is obsolete. He was also trying to portray ex-SCOTUS Justice John Paul Stevens as a Conservative. Lies on top of filthy lies! The second King quote is from post #371868.

So here's King Brown trying to dishonestly re-cast himself as one of us!.... But he's not one of us. No friend of ours would try so hard and so frequently to discredit the Second Amendment.

Originally Posted By: King Brown
I believe what Levin says about the Second was in the the Founders' minds. The pity is they didn't write it down. They wanted to protect the states from federal interference, for sure. But the country is still wrangling with the Second to the point that courts are allowing various levels to regulate from popular vote.

Oh, but they did write it down King. Many of them, and in a multitude of places. We have given you ample references over the years, but you are just like the Jurists who choose to legislate from the bench and choose to ignore the original intent of the founders. The quotes provided above by Jim are but a small fraction, and he has given them to you many times before. Where do you come off pretending to be so civil when you are nothing but a compulsive liar?

And even if they did go on and on and dot every I and cross every T, and add footnotes and Cliffs Notes... it wouldn't be enough. And you and your kind would still be looking for the same kind of dishonest loophole you found to justify Obama's violations of his Oath of Office.

And if you really believe what Levin said about the Second was in the founder's minds, why did you dishonestly try to say he only recognized a right to bear arms within the confines of a Militia? Here it is again... in your own lying words King:

Originally Posted By: King Brown
Levin and Stevens, on this evidence, appear to believe that the Second amendment should only apply only to those who keep and bear arms while serving in the militia, and not as an individual right. Stevens goes further in his book, saying democratic processes should decide on the matter, not the judges, as a remedy for "what every American can recognize as an ongoing national tragedy."

All from a Reagan conservative and a Nixon-appointed jurist.

It's hard to keep all your lies straight when you tell so many, isn't it?

Sidelock
Sidelock

King,
I responded to that accusation of arrogance and was seeking clarification. My point being that if we are engaging in a debate, and I was asking questions about what people thought of specifics, how would that be arrogant. does that mean that all pollsters are arrogant because any of the questioned I asked could be used in a poll.

If asking a pointed question is being arrogant, then the majority of the members of the entire site are arrogant; just look at the pointed questions about the superiority of one double over another.

I don't cast aspersions about people here but do hold opinions based on what I read that is written by folks here. Just as you and the others may have an opinion of me form what I write about here. Those are all perceptions and perception is reality for pretty much everyone.

Brian
LTC, USA Ret.
NRA Patron Member
AHFGCA Life Member
USPSA Life Member

Page 14 of 59 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 58 59

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.