May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
5 members (Jtplumb, Borderbill, Guy Ave, 2 invisible), 637 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,541
Posts546,047
Members14,420
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 11 of 18 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 17 18
Sidelock
Sidelock

King, I see the little yellow smiley face lit up next to your name. Are you trying to think up more lies you big fraud?

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Okay, gentlemen, google the distinguished The Economist, June 13 2014. written from its Washington office under Democracy in America section titled Cool Calculations, Barack Obama and Iraq, an analysis of US journalism's timidity in challenging Obama, the GOP shooting blanks to take him down, and the brainy eloquence of the president himself, "cerebral" and "eloquent" front and centre. I've commented here frequently on US journalism, GOP ideological schisms and my admiration for Obama despite my anticipation of better results. I'm in good company, eh?

There's your non-US newspaper, Brian.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: King Brown

"Obama is considered the most cerebral and eloquent American leader in a generation. Those attributes alone don't make a great president. He is a disappointment to me."

You made the statement above and were challenged by Brian to back it up. You Google searched and found one article with the words cerebral and eloquent in it, although not even in the same paragraph, pertaining to Obama. Nowhere in that article did the author say or allude that "Obama is considered the most cerebral and eloquent American leader in a generation."

Your cerebral and eloquent boy blundered mightily when he prematurely pulled U.S. troops out of an Iraq that was not yet able to stand on its' own two feet. The Libtards like you who frequently pilloried George Bush for standing in front of a "Mission Accomplished" banner are pretending that Obama had nothing to do with the loss of all that blood and treasure, and are still wetting their pants in excitement everytime they see the putz Obama.

Your words King. No one is putting words in your mouth King. We are using your own words King. You can stop doing your victory dance King. So once again... who... besides you... considers Obama the most cerebral and eloquent American leader in a generation?

No convoluted, strained, and dishonest replies this time, please.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Sidelock
Sidelock

dave k: your cartoon post says it best...

Last edited by ed good; 07/03/14 09:27 AM.

keep it simple and keep it safe...
Sidelock
Sidelock

Bob and Doug McKenzie are the most cerebral Canadians of the 20th century.

Last edited by Brian; 07/03/14 09:41 AM.

Brian
LTC, USA Ret.
NRA Patron Member
AHFGCA Life Member
USPSA Life Member

Sidelock
Sidelock

according to who

Brian
LTC, USA Ret.
NRA Patron Member
AHFGCA Life Member
USPSA Life Member

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

"according to who"

Laughed out loud!

Point to Brian (I am the judge in this debate since it is "my thread", as ed would say)

Have to say I genuinely admire King's amazing ability to avoid being pinned down on a point. But Brian outfoxed him on this one.

I am glad to be here.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Obama rated worst president since World War II

In a new Quinnipiac poll, 33% of respondents rated Obama as the worst President among the 12 leaders since the 1945 war. Ronald Reagan was voted the best, with 35% support.

BY Leslie Larson /

NEW YORK DAILY NEWS /

Wednesday, July 2, 2014, 12:42 PM
President Obama is first among the worst, according to a new poll.

Obama edged out his predecessor George W. Bush in a survey of Americans who were asked to name the worst President since World War II.

Of those surveyed by the Quinnipiac University Poll, 33% rated Obama as the least impressive of the 12 Presidents since 1945, while 28% said Bush was at the bottom of the barrel.

Presidents usually suffer their worst ratings while they are in office. Their popularity typically rebounds once they leave the White House.

Still, there was not much for Obama to cheer about in the survey.

Asked if the country would have been better off by electing Republican Mitt Romney in 2012, 45% said yes and 38% no.

About the only bit of good news for Obama: By a narrow margin, 37% to 34%, voters say that Obama is better for the economy than Bush was.

When asked to rank the best Presidents since 1945, Americans rated Ronald Reagan as the best with 35%. Bill Clinton was second with 18%, and John F. Kennedy was third with 15%.

llarson@nydailynews.com

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics...4#ixzz36Pla1zO0

Brian
LTC, USA Ret.
NRA Patron Member
AHFGCA Life Member
USPSA Life Member

Sidelock
Sidelock

Okay, gentlemen, google....

....the president himself, "cerebral" and "eloquent" front and centre. I've commented here frequently on US journalism, GOP ideological schisms and my admiration for Obama....

It's been pointed out, as keith showed, there are 'accepted' definitions of cerebral. Eloquent, at least you have conceded that it may matter if the prompter is humming along with no glitches. My thought, if cerebral has to do with intelligence, why imply that his 'best' is some mediocre level.

To excel in public life, a key component is said to be to surround ones self with the best staff. I wonder if GOP candidates seek out the mediocre, and it's libs that get to determine quality, hmmm. For all their mountains of miss ques, interesting that an entire presidency can be summed up as 'a little disappointing', with no explanation or question. Hmmm, but at least he's doing something.

Sidelock
Sidelock

....the provincial government has delegated its private lands responsibilities to our association in a radical institutional change unprecedented in North America and possibly the world. We'd give Al a good time and send him home happy.

Smart eh those provincial folks. Don't want the liability. If ole al went home happy, your 'association' has a much lighter wallet. What if he pow wows with the folks that found their coffee and aspirin, and figures, that was easy let's put it on our list to stop back now and then. Yup, 'association' is actually friends, neighbors, and other real people. Not, money opportunity ripe for the picking. Myself, I don't think you could 'win' in that situation.

Page 11 of 18 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 17 18

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.